Will Fringe bow out with a fifth season?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Joe Washington, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Do you think Fringe will get the chance to go out with a fifth season or come to an abrupt end in its fourth season?

2. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's fighting for its life this season, and I think it is going to lose that battle. I am just hoping the season finale we get this year will provide enough closure to be seen as a series finale as well.

3. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Here's some news that might be encouraging:

http://www.tvline.com/2012/01/fringe-season-5-renewal-cancellation/

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I think it's dead.

5. MichaelDornFan

MichaelDornFan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

It's not very good anymore anyway. It's time to end it.

6. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

There's so much talk about this being the end that I think it will be. If, by some miracle, it does make a fifth season, I hope they just wrap the whole thing up. The thing that amuses me is how much all of the characters have changed in this new season/universe, prompting many fans to be rather blase about the show's fate.

7. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

they were saying it had a 5-season story planned, if that doesn't get accomplished, that'll be disappointing.

NO SPOILERS! Sky haven't come back from the mid-season break yet (mofos never bring it back until MARCH...)

8. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

9. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I've read this too which is why I'm thinking it'll get a 13 episode season as its last one.

10. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

I rrally don't care, the writers ruined the show with the fourth season, except for peter these are no longer the characters I watched the first few years. I was interested in the fate of the blue and red universes, they were connected and I was excited to see them work together to save both worlds but instead I got the guys from No Peter Land which is just a set of random alternate universes, there's no connection the the original blue universe. Seriously, does anyone give a shit about this story? Why throw away years of character development, why did they sacrifice the establsihed characters? It was an awful decision and after half a season of new fringe I'm done. I will not waste my time with this show until the blue universe is back.

11. Base_Delta_Zero

Base_Delta_Zero Commodore Commodore

Nothing done here will matter, except as a weird experience for Peter. No other character is actually getting development or experiencing anything...because the real characters no longer exist. If they get Peter back to the original timelines - Reset Button! If they permanently keep this new timeline - Reset Button! Either way, the whole season becomes a huge waste of time. JJ, I thought you might have learned your lesson with Alias and Lost's shitty mid-seasons, but I guess not. Dude, stop planning 5 year shows with stupid reset button time twists 2/3 of the way through. The remainder of the show then becomes about trying to undo the stupidity or spinning further into insanity, when you had a good thing going there for a while.

I want real Olivia and Walter back, now, dammit!

12. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Commodore Commodore

They were very lucky to get this season so I'm not so sure, ratings are really low. I think they should just end it this season rather that than risk ending on a cliffhanger.

13. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

Sadly, I have to agree. I really loved this show for the first three seasons, but this year not so much. Though I will say the last two eps have been an improvement, but I still feel as if the real story hasn't moved forward at all.

14. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I want to believe all of this is leading up to something that will move the real story forward in some way.

15. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I, too, am completely uncaring about the new universe/characters. It would have been cute for a couple episodes but half a season now?!?! In the end, Season Three was the only year I truly enjoyed. Everything was subpar.

16. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

the observer saying olivia will die is probably true becuse the timeline will just be reset and she will be alive and loving Peter again. Problem is the they just made the series too confusing for the average user and that has hurt the rating IMO.

17. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

With Terra Nova now cancelled.
    House bowing out and Alcatraz only doing so-so, the odds have at least moved up to 50/50 now that Fringe may get some type of S5 depending on what they think is in the Pilot mix they are looking at I'd think.

Before Terra Nova got the ax I'd say Fringe being gone was almost a certainty.

I'm so behind on the show. I've only seen 1/2 the first season but own all 3 that are on DVD with intent to watch it eventually. I only have $32 tied up on the seasons so I feel good that it's going to pay off as entertaining eventually based on what little I've seen.

18. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

On the good side, Fringe is at a point where if could bow out with a cliffhanger that solves some mysteries, creates others and would still leave enough options in case the show is renewed despite people's expectations.

19. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

8 episodes to come-and I suspect that's all she wrote. Lucky for me Leverage and In Plain Sight are still going-I'm running out of shows.

20. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Not for long. In Plain Sight's final season starts this month.