Scream: The TV Series

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Greg Cox, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Not seeing a threat on this yet, so . ...

Anybody else check out the premiere this week? I thought the first ep was fun, with plenty of suspects and red herrings to keep us guessing who the killer is.

Consider me intrigued so far ....

2. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I loved the movies but the show is lacking something. I really didn't care for the actors except Bex Taylor-Klaus(Sin from Arrow) it was nice seeing her. I liked Bella Thorne too but... :(

I will keep watching. I thought they weren't going to use a mask? Or was it just the iconic Scream mask? The one on the show is okay but there is something I don't like about the mouth of the mask. Oh well.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not enough wood for the fire.

4. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

it was better than i expected. even with all the meta commentary i still find it hard to care about most of the characters.

5. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

First I heard of this. Is this a killer of the week or same one with one or two murders per episode but ongoing mystery who the killer is?

6. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Any idea when this is on in England ?

7. Guy Gardener

16 year old It-Girl is murdered in the first ten minutes, Laura Palmer like universal tears from the high school next Monday morning. A connection is nuzzled out from a string of murders made 20 years earlier, and there's a nerd talking about how life is like the rules from a horror movie, without blatantly saying "the rules" like they did in the original Scream movie.

Someone new is probably going to die each week.

We don't know who the murderer is, and if we think we do, the writers are just ####ing with us, because there seemed to be a massive hint at the end of the first episode, which is either misdirection, or this this is not a whodunnit.

8. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

I watched and definitely liked it! I never saw Scream 4, but I liked the first three movies a lot, so I'm excited that this is a show. I don't remember the backstory they mentioned from the movies, though… is that something the show made up or was Brandon (I think that was his name) Ghostface from the movies (or the first one)?

9. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"Call 911!"

"Calling Pottery Barn."

I enjoyed it.

After a brief mention in the pilot, I hope they delve more deeply into the "rules" of a horror TV show. Part of the fun of the Scream franchise is the meta-commentary on the genre and medium that they exist in, so this seems like a given. Especially with the large number of horror television series that are currently on the air -- the field is fertile for "in-show" discussion.

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

If you liked the original three, you should definitely check out 4. I thought it was a great installment to the series.

11. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

I definitely want to check it out! I heard good things about it. These days I just so often opt for TV over movies that I end up seeing vert few of the latter. I should hunt down Scream 4 though.

12. HarryCanyon1982

HarryCanyon1982 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm a fan of the first 3, the fourth not so much.

This does sound interesting and promising to do fresh things.

13. Sto-Vo-Kory

The second episode wasn't as successful as the first, but it wasn't terrible.

I liked that the teacher called his know-it-all student "Will Graham." That's the second Hannibal reference in as many episodes.

14. Guy Gardener

But Hannibal is a TV show that proves how modern Scream is, which is how the cool teacher is trying to relate to his 15 going on 16 year old students, on their level, not that any of them probably still watch Network TV, even if Hannibal wasn't outside their parental guidance levels if they had stern parents who monitor these things.

Of course maybe they wouldn't be referencing Hannibal, if they were aware of the cancellation, when the first episodes of Scream were filmed.

15. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^Scream 4 (and 2) has a couple air-times on MTV this week.

Episode two was a bit of a snoozer at the midway, but I guess it couldn't stay in top gear forever. Good ending, though.

16. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not too bad for a second EP. I was hoping Piper would have been more like Gale from the movies. She wasn't ruthless enough. :D

17. Sto-Vo-Kory

So, was that a comic book store or that kid's bedroom? He said something about working there but it looked more like some spoiled kid's family room.

18. Sir Anthony Eden

Sir Anthony Eden Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

This sounds quite fun, I really enjoyed the films. I wonder when we'll get it here in the UK.

19. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I really am digging on this show. I didn't think I would but it's been a lot of fun so far. I wish it was a bit gorier, but oh well, it's on tv so they don't want to make it too bloody.

20. Guy Gardener

The Skeevy teacher ####er with old lady hands, was in a movie with the speechifying geek called Premature, which was a high school movie about being stuck in a timeloop.

I really do enjoy Noah's exposition about murder rules.