First Contact Blu Ray Custom Cover Art - UPDATE

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Hedbergian, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Hedbergian

Hedbergian Commodore Commodore

It has been a while since I posted my last revision of the First Contact cover, a lot of family business I had to attend to in the last few months. Just as before, any and all critiques/criticisms/comments are greatly appreciated. Let me know what you guys think ... :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LARGE jpeg download (5MB)

2. HaplessCrewman

HaplessCrewman Commander Red Shirt

How about this?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  3. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Freakin Epic :)

4. Ziz

Ziz Commodore Commodore

I'd swap the second and third paragraphs. I also adjusted the first one slightly.

5. HaplessCrewman

HaplessCrewman Commander Red Shirt

I think the way I originally have the first paragraph creates more suspense. Which alien race will humanity make first contact with - the Borg or the Vulcans? (In the movie, the Borg's intention is to disrupt first contact with the Vulcans.)

The order of the paragraphs was also intended to mention Picard and the TNG crew as soon as possible. And also to close the description on an enthusiastic high note.

6. Ziz

Ziz Commodore Commodore

Your version isn't bad. I'm just coming at it from a different perspective. In mine, the first two paragraphs summarize the plot while the third is the "call to action" - "Join Captain Picard...."

7. Hedbergian

Thanks for the feedback. I do like the flow of HaplessCrewman's copy better than what I had, but I like the order Ziz is suggesting. I prefer the more declarative copy. I've credited both of you for the help on DA; pm me your email addresses and I can credit the both of you on the back cover (if you'd like).

[​IMG]

I also changed some of shading throughout, and the credits have been corrected for running time and year (1996). Link

8. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think you did an incredible job, but humanity doesn't make first contact in the 22nd century, but in the 21st century (in 2063).

The Federation is formed in the 22nd century (in 2161).

Fix that, and I think you'll be golden.:techman:

9. Hedbergian

Finally got a chance to get back to this project. Fixed "21st Century", lighting, and outline of west coast of US.

[​IMG]

*LINK*