2014 superbowl goes to NJ!!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Data Holmes, May 26, 2010.

?

Do you agree with the NFL's decision?

1. Yes - the better team will win no matter what the weather is like

16 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. No - the championship shoudl always be played in optimum conditions

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Smiley

Smiley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For football, I'm happy to see that non-domed northern stadiums are being considered. All of the teams have played in those conditions many times, so it's not a big change for the players. If actual blizzard conditions occur, then the SB becomes a logistical nightmare, but a little light snow is not a bad thing.

Regarding baseball weather, I've always wondered why there are so many games in the season to begin with. Would anyone have serious issues if the season (including the World Series) only ran through September? There would still be more than enough time for every team to play each team in their league at home and on the road. Some series would be shorter, but you'd still see the same matchups.

2. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

How is chilly baseball in October any different than chilly baseball in October?

3. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

Speaking of which, I wonder how long it will be before we get one in Green Bay, Wisconsin?

4. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

Football is meant to be played in the cold. And if New Jersey can get a Superbowl then Denver has a chance.
    A funny thing is a few years back when the game was in Miami, Denver had clear skies and higher temps that day.

Not significanly more than any other game. Especially if you consider play off games often see quite a bit of snow.

5. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

The season actually used to be shorter but with more games comes more money.

6. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

Starting baseball a month earlier would be a mess. As Scout said, there's already a pretty good risk of having a snow-out in April (moreso than October). Not sure about other places, but March is the snowiest month in MN. And yeah, you can rig the schedule somewhat (seems to me they already do that to some extent), but with a 162 games, you're kind of limited to how much you can dick around with a baseball schedule.

But football games are often played in adverse conditions. So why not allow for the possibility of weather coming into play during a Super Bowl? If a potential host city has the stadium, infarstructure and the money to bid, go for it.

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Norman coordinate...Norman coordinate... :lol: ;)

8. drychlick

drychlick Captain Captain

this is going to be a big mass now ever city and there mom will want to have the superbowl in there ice box city lol! plus would you want to spend all that money to sit for 4 hour in the snow and cold! NOT ME LOL! Why don't they make a dome on top of the stambem! bad idea very bad idea love dr:confused:

9. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Never. Green Bay and its suburbs (technically, Lambeau Field is in Ashwaubenon) are absolutely not big enough to handle the influx of 120,000+ people and the absolute circus that comes with a Super Bowl. The infrastructure isn't there, given that the entire metropolitan area is in the neighborhood of 280,000 people. Hotel rooms, parking, public transit, convention space for the NFL Experience, Radio Row, practice facilities -- it's just not there. You'll never see a Super Bowl in Green Bay.

I mean, I suppose they could just dock 30 cruise ships in Green Bay for the hotel space ... oh, shi--

[​IMG]