Visiting sets of fan films?

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by KirkusOveractus, Jul 14, 2014.

1. KirkusOveractus

KirkusOveractus Commodore Commodore

I had a question that I couldn't find straight away on here, but it had me thinking since my family will be in D.C. for a couple days on vacation in August.

Since Farragut Films is in the D.C. area, can people do a quick tour of the sets if there isn't any filming? Just a general question, but it would be cool to see!

2. scifib5st

scifib5st Commander Red Shirt

Farragut Films is based in DC, but 5 years ago they moved their studio to TREK SETS, which are housed in Studio 2 located in Kingsland, Georgia. With an almost 10,000 sqft facility – it’s literally the largest collection of free-standing Star Trek sets on planet Earth!
    Sorry, check out their web site Starship Farragut.com
    :bolian:

3. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

If you keep your eyes open, Farragut (in Georgia) and Stargate Studios (In Oklahoma City) both offer open houses for their sets. There is also talk of having a festival in Ticonderoga, NY (near Lake Champlain, a beautiful vacation area) which would include tours of those sets.

4. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

If you go to Georgia, Potemkin's sets are at Stellar Video Services' studio 3 hours away from Farragut's (we go to their open house every year!). We give tours all the time to folks who come by for a visit (avg about 2-3 per week). Folks are always welcome!

5. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    I've been to the Farragut/Continues and Potemkin sets. Both were a lot of fun!

6. Potemkin_Prod

Farragut's ARE spectacular. Ours do nicely for what we do. :D

7. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

Well if we had sets, we'd let people visit them. :)

Maybe one day.

8. jamesmc

jamesmc Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Our Phase II sets are in a new 13,000 square foot facility in Ticonderoga, N.Y. 12883 and are quite literally the most complete and accurate recreation and will be open to the public soon. We have gone way above what any other fan film studio has built in both quantity and accuracy. Our new facility is also both heated and air conditioned for more shooting options throughout the year.

9. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

10. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    That's great news!

11. Phantassm

Phantassm Vice Admiral Admiral

And I am looking forward to visiting them one day James. Heck, if we had the funds, I would love to film Valiant there on some of the additional sets, (with your permission of course.) Your sets are indeed incredible.

12. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

That sounds like great news. Will there be arrangements for tours in the future?

13. JJohnson

JJohnson Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm heading into GA to Savannah soon. Do you think STC would mind a visit on Friday/Saturday?

14. Bixby

Bixby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You should contact Michael Bednar through their website http://www.starshipfarragut.com/contact.html
    It's kinda last minute, but if you make a donation to their production they probably will accomodate you...

15. Potemkin_Prod

It depends on their filming schedule. They're more than likely to invite you to Farragut Fest, a weekend-long event the first weekend in December.

16. S'kai

S'kai Captain Captain

We just had an open house at the Phase II studio this weekend as part of Ticonderoga's Streetfest. Judging by the success of that (hundreds came through the sets), I would suspect there will be other events in the future. My opinion only.

17. RobertMfromLI

RobertMfromLI Lieutenant Red Shirt

S'Kai's opinion is correct. We love interacting with our fans. We thoroughly enjoyed meeting so many of them this past weekend. Next time, we plan on a lot more notice so our fans can come up and visit...

...and while we will always accept donations from fans who are visiting, it is not a requirement of visiting our open houses.