V'ger is coming

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Edinburgh, May 14, 2010.

1. Edinburgh

Edinburgh Lieutenant Red Shirt

ALIENS have hijacked a NASA probe and are using it to try to contact Earth, experts believe.

Unmanned craft Voyager 2 has sent “distorted” messages home from deepest space.

The probe was launched 33 years ago in a bid to contact extraterrestrial life – and UFO boffins now believe it may have found some.German expert Hartwig Hausdorf claims the strange signals could be alien transmissions.

The craft was launched alongside sister probe Voyager 1 in 1977. Its cargo included what NASA described as a “gold-plated, copper gramophone record” full of songs and greetings in 55 languages. But on April 22 this year the craft briefly stopped transmitting, then began sending gobbledygook.

NASA engineers reckon the glitch is a data transmission fault which they can repair. But Mr Hausdor, author of a book called UFOs – The Are Still Flying, said: “It seems someone has reprogrammed or hijacked the probe.”

Voyager 2 is now at the edge of our solar system, having travelled further than any other spaceship.

A NASA insider said: “This is probably just a faulty machine spouting gibberish.

“But the idea it could have been found by intelligent life has excited people. If true, it could change the world in an instant.”

2. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

"It seems" presumably translates as "wouldn't it be really, really cool if".

3. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hartwig Hausdorf is not a "researcher" in any sense that matters. He's a UFO loon, nothing more.

4. Doug Otte

Doug Otte Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Edinburgh, don't forget to cite your source. Thanks.
    Doug

5. I Grok Spock

I Grok Spock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hope this helps.

6. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

What? No Batboy headline stories from the Weekly World New anymore - I'm shocked. ;)

7. MajRichter

MajRichter Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Either Batboy or "Aliens Empregnated Me!". Those are classic WWN headlines.

8. Vonstadt

Vonstadt Captain Captain

Madison Square Garden : Let's Go Rangers!
    Yeah Mr. Hausdorf aliens had to have hijacked the probe, could never just be a technical glitch when NASA probes are concerned :guffaw:

9. Cornholio

Cornholio Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I said it before and I'll say it again - it's those damn bugs from Klendathu.

either them or it merged with Tan Ru.

we're definitely screwed now.

10. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

I'm willing to bet Richard Hoaglan's Martian face is involved somehow.

11. StarryEyed

StarryEyed Commodore Commodore

Exactly. It's a shame people feel the need to grasp at straws like this because the real world is really interesting. Unfortunately, paradigm-changing discoveries come at a snails pace, just a few in a person's lifetime. People are impatient so we end up with super market tabloids showing pictures of aliens dining with the President at the White House.

12. Kolrad

Kolrad Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I still think it's amazing that within my lifetime, we have gone from having no ability to detect planets orbiting other stars to discovering them so often that hardly anyone pays attention.

13. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Not exactly why it was launched.

:lol:

14. Hober Mallow

Oh, so you actually believed the official story?

15. StarryEyed

StarryEyed Commodore Commodore

Most people don't even know about that! It's a wonder the conspiracy nut jobs have not yet announced that we have discovered the planet of the Greys. :lol:

16. Hober Mallow

I like how the headline just flat-out lies about what the article actually says.

17. Admiral Shran

Admiral Shran Admiral Admiral

You mean they haven't been dining with Obama?! :eek: I've been lied to!

18. Hober Mallow

The aliens are Republican.

[​IMG]

At least, they were, before Arizona started cracking down on them.

19. ahkyahnan

ahkyahnan Captain Captain

So aliens travel clear across the galaxy to the edge of our solar system, and then stop? They couldn't make that last little leg of the trip and had to steal a probe to send us a message?

That's kinda like Columbus sailing all the way to Long Island, and then sending smoke signals to the mainland.

Mark

20. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

They don't need to - didn't you know, the MOON is hollow and has been the main base of the Greys for millenia - try to keep up. ;)