My Trek Through Enterprise

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Spock/Uhura Fan, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Re: My Trek Through Enterprise: Season One

Sure, they would do that, but, if The Ferengi learned their lesson, and stayed outta the Federation's line of sight for a few years, decades, whatever, they wouldn't be on the "Top 10 Threats of The Galaxy" daily briefing, and the record would get buried amongst all the other "White Noise" of single encounters that never came up again. That's the way mountains of Data work, if a record/file doesn't have the proper search term information, it fades into a mountain of irrelevant data once it's not on the top of the hit parade.

I'll bet they could find it with a search term of "Big eared, snaggly teeth pirates", but, 100 years plus later when you know they're the Ferengi, and have enough encounters with them, you'll get plenty by searching for Ferengi, so why would you expand your search further?

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why would knowing about them pirating Archer's ship even be useful?

3. BruntFCA

BruntFCA Commander Red Shirt

Acquisition-Despite being a big Ferengi fan even I didn't like this episode. Its also the only trek episode to violate the LOC*.

Oasis-I was never really sure if this was a ripoff of Shadowplay or an homage. If its an homage then its a weird choice because while I liked Shadowplay it certainly wasn't a classic. And if it was a ripoff its a weird choice to do with Rene Auberjonois as a guest star.

* The Law of Combs states that the appearance of Jeffrey Combs makes any episode at least good. (See DS9-Meridian or VOY-Tsunkatse)

4. teacake

They are both pretty meh but I found the Ferengi ep amusing. The only time I did not enjoy Ferengi was Profit and Lace.

5. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In season 1 TNG when they were "the bad guys." Sure it would be obscure tidbit, but once they had a visual record to the name, someone like Data who memorizes things like that as part of his programming should've drawn the connection and corrected Picard when he called his encounter Starfleet's first contact with the Ferengi.

Which brings me back to either bad writing from Enterprise or incomptence from Archer. Take your pick. :P

6. teacake

I'll take incompetence thanks!

7. R. Star

It was the Vulcans! The Vulcans sabotaged his report! ;)

8. teacake

They had probably paid the Ferengi to make some trouble for the NX-01 in order to further discredit the mission.

9. R. Star

It was still early... T'Pol hadn't gotten over that "restraining myself from knocking you on your ass" comment. You and me both Jonathan... you and me both. :p

10. teacake

That sounds a little different when you say it..

11. R. Star

It should. Do they not proofread these scripts? Your main male antagonist's first line to the female lead shouldn't involve "knock you on your ass." :rolleyes:

12. teacake

Oh I know, it's pretty much my least favorite thing in the whole of Star Trek. I've ranted about it many times.

I did have a revelation about it a couple years ago however. I was watching TOS and listening to the aggressiveness Kirk used in speech as well as other characters I decided that they made Archer like this to connect him to the Kirk era. After all these humans aren't just like us, they've come out of a long recovery following a horrific third world war.

This is what I originally posted on it in my Archer's Aggression Explained! thread, LOL

"I have been watching all of TOS again and having finished that I just watched Broken Bow and you know.. the human aggressive reactions fit right in with Kirk and McCoy. You don't think Captain Kirk would stand around letting the Vulcans look down on him do you? He'd be volatile. McCoy would be all huffy and pissy about logic and having no heart. This is the first time I've seen what I perceived as embarrassing behavior on Archer's part as part of the Trek continuum, connected to the great Captain Kirk."

13. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

Detained
    [​IMG]

A decent episode about Suliban that are unjustly held against their will. As a side note, the Quantum Leap buddies are together again.

Grade: C
    ---------

Vox Sola
    [​IMG]

An interesting concept, but you could fall asleep watching it.

Grade: C minus

14. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Oh, boy...

(I still can't believe they never had Archer say that! :lol:)

15. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

^ Lol. :p

16. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

And I agree with you about "Vox Sola." Not good, not bad, just...boring.

17. teacake

And I have.

Note to future sci fi shows: Stuck in alien goo is NOT good drama! I mean they are stuck, how much can they do?

18. BruntFCA

BruntFCA Commander Red Shirt

Detained- I liked that they tried to flesh out the Suliban and give them some depth but the episode still suffers from the lifelessness that most of the first 2 seasons suffer from.

Vox Sola- I've never looked at this episode the same way since TheGodBen's review.

19. teacake

Let me guess..

20. Methos

Methos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't care what anyone says... that screencap just looks wrong on so many levels lol

M