"Best of both Worlds" - Special Bluray Release

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Salinga, Jan 9, 2013.

1. FrontierTrek

FrontierTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

From what I understand, there were no deleted scenes recovered.

2. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

When was "Best Of Both Worlds" ever novelized? I know that "Descent" was novelized, and the odd scene or two has been novelized in other stories, but I've never seen a novelized version (unless you are referring to the script that was released in the Scriptbook or the TNG Companion CD-Rom).

3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

It never was...

4. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

I wrote the novelization of it myself, having been annoyed at the lack of an official novelization. It's available for free just bu clicking the link in my signature.

5. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I always got the impression he was only half way through the assimilation process when he showed up on the viewscreen in part 1. They did show they were still working on him early on in part 2 after all.

I doubt I'd buy this unless there were some epic godly extras, audio commentary and what not.

6. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

Agree. The Riker/Guinan scene covers much the same ground in a tighter and better way.

7. Mr Pointy Ears

Mr Pointy Ears Captain Captain

guess i will be getting it as well as season 3.

8. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

I can see your point, but to me the scenes are different.

The Riker/Deanna scene shows that he can't be the crew's big brother any more. He's gotta become their leader. That's what causes the change in his relationship with Deanna. But even then, he still feels that he is just keeping Picard's seat warm.

It's not until the scene with Guinan that he realises that he can't do it that way. He can't keep doing what he thinks Picard would do. he's gotta do things his own way, and it's only then that they start making progress towards defeating the Borg, as they kidnap Locutus.

So while the two scenes are very similar, there are important differences.

9. Mott the barber

Mott the barber Commodore Commodore

Like Seth McFarlane said... "I ran that VHS tape into the ground." :D

10. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

I have TOS Remastered and TNG-ENT on DVD, so I'm not planning on buying it all over again, but I do have the movies all on blu-ray, but TNG Remastered looks like new so it's good these 'sample' discs are going to be out there, hopefully some future episodes will get the same treatment. Looking further into the future, I relish the thought of DS9's Emissary and The Way of the Warrior in HD.

I do plan on getting 'The Next Level' too, hopefully the special features will be interesting.

There was a feature length edit of 'The Best of Both Worlds' on YouTube which edited the epiodes into a movie, cutting the 'ad breaks' unlike the VHS, and added scenes from the openings of First Contact and Emissary to expand things a bit.

11. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Not really much in the way of special features on The Next Level disc.

12. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

It'd be good to watch the full episodes in HD anyway, to see if they 'look like they were filmed yesterday'

13. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks for making my day awful!

It took forever for this video to download. It ran poorly. It slowed down my computer and corrupted my browser by changing the homepage.
    WTF!

I might report this to the mods!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2013
  14. Maxwell Everett

Maxwell Everett Commodore Commodore

It was certainly not my video that did it. It looks like sendspace tricked you into downloading an exe file. There is a checkbox underneath the download button that says "Download with sendspace accelerator and get recommended offers."

I assure you that this is not what the link looked like after I uploaded the video and checked the link to make sure it worked. This is what the proper webpage should look like:

[​IMG]

Nevertheless, I apologize for inadvertently screwing up your browser and suffice it to say I will not be using sendspace to upload anything ever again. If it was possible, I would put a disclaimer on my original post, but unfortunately I can no longer edit it.

If the mods deem it necessary, I am of course fine with them removing the links from every post that has them, including my original one.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  15. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

A Google search shows two separate sites giving warnings about Sendspace last year.

16. Maxwell Everett

For anyone else who downloaded my file and is having browser or computer issues similar to what FSM reported, Sendspace may have tricked you into downloading an exe file that it named BOBW-Parts-IampII-Joined.mp4.exe

What I uploaded to them was a 20.81 MB video file named BOBW-Parts-I&II-Joined.mp4. There is nothing wrong with this video file.

If you're having unexplained issues with your browser, search your computer (if you're using windows also check Add or Remove Programs) for that exe file or a program called "sendspace accelerator." According to sendspace the file should be 310 KB.

I would also advise you to run a virus scan and/or a Malwarebytes scan. At this point I think it would definitely be a good idea for the mods to remove the link from each post it is in.

Again, I apologize to anyone who may have been affected by this.

17. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

You can probably flag the original post yourself, and those posts quoting it, with an explanation to the mods.

18. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I had problems which I fixed the next day after I realized there was a problem. Usually my malware protection stops such things, but I accepted the install file. It installed a lot of crap. It's the first time Ive ever had any problems with any download on this BB.

RAMA

19. Maxwell Everett

Done! :techman:

20. Maxwell Everett

Again, I'm very sorry. Hopefully the mods will soon remove the links.