The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Turns out Hasbro had been in the process of changing the packaging for the Vintage Collection's Kit Fisto but the altered cardback never made it to production.

The VC29 Kit Fisto figure comes on an Attack of the Clones cardback with a photo from the Battle of Geonosis, but the figure is based on the actor and the character's facial appearance in Revenge of the Sith. Collectors and fans noticed this and told Hasbro, who went through the trouble of designing a brand new ROTS cardback for a rerelease of Kit, but plans were cancelled at some point and the changed packaging never saw the light of day.

The only evidence that the alternate design exists was the cardback reverse of a later production run of the VC31 Obi-Wan Kenobi from Clones. Check it out. Interesting. I think I would have liked the Sith version better than the one we actually got.

The one that was actually produced and made it to retail:

[​IMG]

And the one that was designed to replace it but never did:

[​IMG]

2. cooleddie74

Brand new hi-res pics of three of the four figures in the first wave of the 6" Black Series line, due in stores sometime during or near the end of summer. The only character not depicted is Darth Maul.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

4. cooleddie74

^
    WANT!

Especially the Kelvin and the Excelsior. They look amazing.

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like their boxes, I know it's a small thing but I was wondering if we would get the box packaging again.

6. cooleddie74

The black collar on Kirk Prime's uniform looks wonky and Photoshopped, but other than that I'm really liking this packaging design. It incorporates elements of both TOS and the Abramsverse so as to embrace both timelines and the designers chose some good colors and images of the two different Enterprise 1701s.

7. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I finished a cross stitch piece tonight, and Clint and Tasha approve. :techman:

[​IMG]

8. cooleddie74

Nice work there!

Tasha always has that scolding, intense expression on her face though. When she wishes somebody Happy Birthday she must have to remind them she's not being sarcastic. :lol:

9. Kira's Mom

It's funny, though- for a figure with a fixed face, Hawkeye looks like he has a different expression in several of my photos. It's weird.

10. cooleddie74

11. Kira's Mom

I won the ebay auction! My Darci doll is on its way. :)

12. cooleddie74

Way to go, girl! I'm happy for ya! Make sure to post a couple of pics after you get her! :bolian:

13. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

My LCS has a huge action figure selection, old and new. Tomorrow they're having a Memorial Day 50% off all action figures sale. I'm afraid I may go a little nuts. I'll probably have some pics of a heavy haul tomorrow. :lol:

14. OdoWanKenobi

And I deliver!

I did wind up going kinda nuts. I picked up the Play Arts Kai Arkham City Batman, the Dark Knight Rises Batman, two Star Trek original series Art Asylum two-packs, an Enterprise-E, and a DC Universe Captain Atom. Heck of a haul, and I made out like a bandit:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. cooleddie74

Nice.

I need to get more Art Asylum Trek figures.

16. OdoWanKenobi

Man, I am loving these Batman figures. I just can't stop taking pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. cooleddie74

I like the animated-style figure more than I do the one based on the Nolan/Bale film trilogy. But then I'm a little biased: I still think the Michael Keaton costume from the first Tim Burton film is the best Batman suit of the modern era.

18. OdoWanKenobi

They're both great, but my personal preference is for the Nolan one. It has a poseable cape vs the fixed one for the Arkham City figure, and that goes a long way.

It also possible that since they are a slightly stylized take, that your preference does gravitate toward the one that you haven't seen in live action, and thus can look a little different.

19. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

Apparently this thing has existed for a while, but I stumbled on it by accident. I can only say :wtf: :lol:

King Mickey, the Disney combiner

Alternate pics

20. cooleddie74

This is a photo from the "Darth's Mall" merchandise tent down at Disney Star Wars Weekends, but it shows that the brand new, much anticipated and quite huge 31" Darth Vader by Jakks Pacific is just about ready to hit mass retail. The more I see of this thing the more I want to get one, and their positioning on the racks right next to the 3.75" carded action figures provides a good demonstration of just how big this Vader really is.

[​IMG]

It'll probably run $30 - $40, but considering the scale and how much well-sculpted and detailed plastic and soft goods fabric you get for that price it's quite the bargain.