Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

No, the teaser for Superman Returns wasn't released with Batman Begins. Most movies don't get teaser trailers a full year in advance of their release. They may be able to put one together for Man of Steel to be attached to TDKR, though (hopefully they will), and if they manage to do so it would be the first movie slated for release in summer 2013 to get a teaser trailer. The teaser trailer for Superman Returns debuted in November 2005.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

It will only be a teaser trailer, not a full trailer. We'll probably have to wait until maybe the winter time for our first full trailer. They stated as I said earlier that the first teaser trailer in six months back in December. The Licensing Expo having the suits for displays to me is a good indication we will in fact see the teaser next month. While it's true that MOST movies don't release trailers a year in advance, it is only logical that they would attach the teaser to "The Dark Knight Rises". I've stated we could even see it a week early at SDCC but since I don't think they've mentioned any presence for the con yet, that seems unlikely.

3. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Yes, it would only be a teaser. I was talking about teasers. And if they get it out with TDKR it would be the first teaser for a summer 2013 movie and it would be an unusually early teaser. The first teaser for Superman Returns debuted in November 2005 and the first full trailer debuted in early May 2006. That's more the norm for the timeframe in which trailers are released in advance of a movie's release. But the chances of an early teaser to take advantage of the platform TDKR offers is a very good bet, espcially since Man of Steel started filming much earlier relative to its release date than SR.

4. Admiral_Young

5. nvek86

nvek86 Commander Red Shirt

Oh, you're right, I stand corrected (I should really stop relying on my memory for everything that's older than a few days...).

6. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Superman's suit looks fantastic. :)

7. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

The rubber bits around the waist still just look odd to me due to their under-use in the rest of the design, but if I let my eyes just wash over them, I can dig it.

8. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Well they have some similar ribbed elements on the forearms as well.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Are all of the costumes in the gallery there from MoS?

10. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Those are well integrated into the design to look almost like cuffs though. The stuff around the waist and thighs just seems random in comparison.

11. Admiral_Young

@JD yeah...all the costumes in the gallery are from "Man of Steel". I believe displayed are Superman's, Jor-El's, and Faora's.

12. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

Yes it does!

13. Admiral_Young

14. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

15. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Are you sure?

It might be seldom, but The Dark Knight Rises teaser trailer came out in July 2011 (being attached to Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows: Part 2). Which is a full year before the release of the film.

If I remember correctly, both teaser trailers for Batman Begins and The Dark Knight followed the same pattern. It's not completely uncommon for a summer blockbuster to debut a teaser a year before the release of the film.

16. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I can recall seeing several teaser trailers for a movie nearly a year in advance. Granted not much more than maybe a couple of quick quick clips and a bunch of title cards, but year-out trailers are hardly uncommon.

17. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

We saw the first trailer for The Hobbit a year in advance.

18. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Yes, it happens on occasion, but most movies don't get a teaser a year in advance - that's the same thing as saying it happens, but only seldom. ;)

As I said before, I expect we will see a Man of Steel teaser with TDKR. But we'll probably only see the first teasers for most of next summer's films this fall.
    Yes, and it was the only December 2012 film to get a teaser a year in advance. The others either haven't had a trailer at all yet or only got their first trailer in the last month or so.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  19. Admiral_Young

"Man of Steel" isn't most movies, and with the Nolan connection, it is only logical that one would assume it would be attached to it...even if it is a year in advanced. Besides which...we've seen several trailers for one 2013 movie already :)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  20. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

We also saw not one but TWO G.I. Joe: Retaliation trailers a year in advance. :lol: ;)