TV pilot season begins...

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Temis the Vorta, Feb 24, 2009.

1. BenRoethig

BenRoethig Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

A couple of the ABC pilots look promising, but I don't see a lot of keepers in this pond.

2. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I hope they do, Heroes needs all the help it can get! :rommie: No Heroics sounds like one of those DOA concepts that make you scratch your head and wonder how it got past the idea stage. Or something that might be better off on basic cable, where a tiny cult following is an acceptable viewership level.

3. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Hollywood is dead, TV is useless now...I just watch old stuff on DVD.

JF

4. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I thought you were interested in No Heroics? Or did that clip kill your interest? :lol:

5. jongredic

jongredic Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hmm... crime drama, medical drama. A medical crime drama... Or remakes of No Heroics (which I never found that funny to begin with) and Ab Fab.

I've got to admit I'm a little disappointed with that. Though Day One sounds vaguely interesting.

Some hard hitting drama there. I'm ashamed to admit, I'd give that a watch just to see if it's any good :p

6. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What's happened to Virtuality? Wasn't that supposed to be on Fox?

If it's no longer a pilot, has it been picked up for series, or is it just DOA?

7. jongredic

jongredic Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I haven't heard much about it recently, but I just assumed it was still in development/pre-production. I've not seen a target date for a pilot yet.

8. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

Why.:vulcan:

9. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

Because it way, way violates our PG-13 rules. Just be glad I caught it before Bonz came across it. :p

No Heroics sounds like it could be pretty darn funny, but pretty niche as well. Who knows, though--maybe not!

Lost & Found sounds good to me mostly because of Katee Sackoff. I really like her, and think it will be cool to see her in the lead.

Day One sounds like Jerico 2.0, and while the concept intrigues me in theory, I was never drawn to Jerico, so I guess I'll see if it's something I want to check out (if it gets picked up).

10. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

Aw now I'm all curious what it was :lol:

11. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

right I lost my first post the other today so here is a quick sum up

the CW

I think Melrose Place is a gimmie, im sure a couple of others will get pick up as well, but im too old & too male for the network so dont expect me to act like I care.

FOX

Eva Adams, no no a million times no, that goes for you to Ab Fab but I dont think Ab Fab will get past the pilot.

Human Target & Masterwork, The Station all interest me

CBS

before we continue to the people who dont me

Hi my name is wamdue im a CBS cop show aholic

I will start with Eastmans, sound like maybe a Numb3rs show but with Doctors rather than cops.

House Rules one in a line of political dramas across the networks this pilot season, im not convinced by any of them. NBC might as well just kick start The West Wing again.

Miami Trauma, so what Nip/Tuck for network TV, whilst I dont think its going to be good, its worth the first season just for the CSI Miami crossver.

various prosecutor shows, you just axed Shark, you arnt getting another one so soon.

Washington Field, and now the good stuff, just inject it straight into my vains.

and the comedys

The Karenskys is the only one that stands out.

however Tick Tock

if I read that as an idea for a sitcom one more time I will be held responsible for my actions.

NBC & ABC in the next post

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  12. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

NBC

Day One, lord help me if this is a rip off of BBC series Survivors, we only just finished remaking it ourselves.

Legally Mad, sounds like every other David E Kelley legal drama.

Lost & Found, what you couldnt just put Starbuck on Law & Order?

Mercy & Trauma, hey NBC remeber that medical show you have, its what called, two letters ER.

and the comedy, nothing too original, I noticed yet anther cop comedy, we will probaly see one of those somewhere Fall 2009

& finally ABC

Empire State, sounds alot like Ugly Betty.

Limelight

ive heard it all before, ive heard if before, Fame something its gonna something, you get where im going with this.

See Cate Run, the oestrogen network at its best, for all those women who never voted for Obama out of blind faith to there gender, do they not remeber Commander in Chief

gees whats next CSI: Pre School?

Ugly Betty isnt exactly the best show on the network you know.

The Unknown, interesting idea, but im not seeing it.

Cougar Town, come back Eva Adams you are not the worst new pilot out there.

The Law, more copy comedy.

Let it Go, ill be more than happy to.

The New 20, look its a mircale Til Death is still on Fox, dont push it.

No Heroics, hell ABC ITV 2 called it wants it show back.

Pryors, always willing to give a new Grammar project a fair shot.

Pulling, ABC, you are going to need a second line, BBC 3 is calling, it also wants it show back.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  13. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've pitched "Young Law, Young Order" to the CW. Crime at Wolf High in New York is on the rise, so hot young Principal Adam Schiff gets hot young class president Lenny Briscoe and hot young biker rebel Jack McCoy to team up and fight back. Occasionally they're aided by grade schoolers Mike Logan and Ed Green. But for the most part their team consists of hot young history teacher Arthur Branch, hot young counselor Nora Lewin and hot young school doctor Elizabeth Rodgers.

14. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

^ why do I get the feeling that infringes on a copyright

15. Temis the Vorta

I just listed every sci fi or fantasy show! :D I check em all out, even when I'm pretty sure I'll hate em...Dollhouse, Bionic Woman, Moonlight, etc...

And considering how godawful the non sf/f stuff sounds, I can't afford to be picky.

Me too, I got here too late. :rommie:

I wouldn't hold out too many hopes for that one making it out of development hell. At this point, I'm hoping cable will have some decent options because it looks like the nets are going to be near-total loss. I remember something about:

-HBO doing a Martin Scorcese-directed series about the early days of Atlantic City.

-A series about a magician in the 1920s.

16. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

How, there was no nudity. Hell I've seen worse on prime time tv...:rolleyes:

17. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ TV networks don't have to deal with T'Bonz. ;)

18. Temis the Vorta

Weird little news tidbit - Steve McQueen's grandson and namesake lands lead in vampire show! Well, grandad did get his start with a B movie about a giant blob...

Wow. That's as CW as it gets. :rommie:

19. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

My kid has been nagging me for months now about when there is ever going to be a new season of No Heroics. Some how I think that the yanks are going to tame the hell out of the original English scripts.

20. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I haven't heard anything about whether it's been commssioned for a second series or not, but the DVDs are listed as "The First Series" so that could be a sign they're going to renew it.