Boardwalk Empire - Season 3 (Discussion, Spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Tom, Sep 17, 2012.

1. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

^^^ IIRC, I think the previews showed that this conversation will be happening between Rothstein and Nucky this weekend.

2. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

It also showed Rothstein and Rosetti apparently making a deal, probably bypassing Nucky. If i remember right in this past episode there was mention to rosseti about getting boat shipments or something.

As for Al Capone we now he will eventually take over chicago's mob, just wonder if we will see it this season or next.

3. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Well Torio doesnt leave back for Italy until 1924 so its another year before Capone is in charge.

4. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Poor Van Alden, nothing goes right for him does it?

5. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Interesting way to handle an unhappy customer. :lol:

And whoever was behind it blew killing off Rosetti. Man that guy really is a sick fuck.

6. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

It was Bugsy who was sent in to kill him, so I'm guessing it was Rothstein who was behind it all. Notice the way Rothstein reacted when Rosetti mentioned his room number?

Huh, Margaret comes off as rather hypocritical of learning Nucky was cheating on her considering she's also cheated.

7. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Margaret cheated only the once and she wasn't married to Nucky yet at the time. Presently her and Nucky seem to have an understanding, but of course she doesn't want her nose rubbed in it. I wonder if they will ever be close again.

8. Icemizer

Good episode last night and really enjoyed Cantor getting a dose of the real world. Saw way more of Rosetti than I ever needed to but the whole shooting scene was done very well. I guess the town needs a new paperboy and waitress now.

9. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

Rosetti being the only survivor was unfortunate I think. He doesn't seem to be the type to let a slight go easily.

10. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Yes, but that may work out. This attack may provoke him into Open War, draw him out into the open where it's clear the everyone what he's doing. It'll be easier for the other Gangsters to fight him that way.

EDIT: Forgot that Rosetti works for the leader of the Soon-to-be-Mafia. That makes things a lot bigger than expected. Unless they convince the Boss that Rosetti is too unstable to keep around.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  11. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

I'm bored with Nucky's infatuation with the singer. I want to slap Margaret - her morals weren't so high that she should act the virtuous wife now, looking down her nose at everyone.

Other than giving away his land, which seemed the coup de grace to their relationship, they really didn't delve into why they drifted apart.

12. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Certainly some interesting developments that have happened with the latest episode. I'm loving it.

13. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Nucky just has this personality problem, wherein if he has to deal with people on a regular basis he eventually stops treating them well and shows no gratitude (Jimmy, Eli, Margaret, his Butler, Eddie Cantor).

14. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^
    Yeah, but IMO, the butler is the only guy who doesn't deserve some of Nucky's disdain. With Margaret, she did give away what amounted to Nucky's future and perhaps his path to get out of the game so I can see why he's pissed off at her and why he doesn't trust her-of which he does have some reason-owing to her cheating on him and then her unpredictable struggles with her conscience.

Nucky shouldn't be cheating on her and should definitely treat Margaret better but I do understand why there's distance between them. After last week I have to wonder if Nucky too just doesn't like being in a position where he can be the savior, which also goes back to his controlling nature. I'm not a fan of the showgirl, but if he ever did get her like he wanted her, he would grow tired of her and move on to someone else.

I don't want to make it seem that I think Nucky is blameless in his dealings. His treatment of his friends and family definitely played a part in how they betrayed him. That being said, with Jimmy he tried to keep Jimmy away from gangsterism, he wanted a better life for him, but Jimmy didn't listen. And with Eli, Nucky knows his brother and what he can do and not do and he tried to make him get that, but Eli was headstrong and totally went for killing his brother-something Nucky has never did even though he could easily do so.

15. Icemizer

A slower paced ep this week. Lots of nothing moving the story up. I must have more Remus in every episode. I did enjoy the scene with all the veterans in the bar. Nothing much has changed there has it?

16. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Gillian's romantic obsession with her now dead son continues. She can't let go and now has 'proxy-James' Roger to pretend with. LOL

17. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that was totally creepy. Is it the same actor Or someone they hired to be a look-alike?

18. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

Yeah, that's just plain sickening. :wtf:

19. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

I wonder what happenes when Roger finds out James was her son.

20. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

A quiet but great episode. I loved the return of Julianne Nicholson (I had no idea she's was coming back) and I look forward to seeing more of her this season. :D