Was the Temporal Integrity Commission/Relativity/Daniels on vacation?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by roguephoenix, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Silent_Bob

Silent_Bob Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Re: Was the Temporal Integrity Commission on vacation?

2. teacherbrock

teacherbrock Lieutenant Red Shirt

I guess you could say this timeline starts with FIRST CONTACT

a) FIRST CONTACT goes back in time, alters it; causing Zephrim to name the first warp 5 vessel after the ship from the future that helped him complete his first warp jump.
    b) Spherebuilders mess up early federation history in the expanse, with a possible future where they win the TCW(temp cold war).
    c) With the victory over the SB in ENT, the TCW end.
    d) the perturbation caused by Enterprise-E and subsequent TCW cause the federation to accelerate their rate of technologocal advancement(as seen by the early adaptation of Photon Torpedos in ENT). This is why the Kelvin is more advanced than the prime timeline.
    e) This causes the Kelvin to be in the exact location(it might not be there without the advanced tech gained after the TCW) that nero emerges from instead of somewhere else, giving rise to the ALTERNATE UNIVERSE in STAR TREK 2009.
    f) perturpations are throwing a rock in a pond the waves get weaker the farther from the original location of the wave. The further in history we go from the emmergance of the Narada the less likely the future is changed by it. Which is perhaps why the TIC hasn't interfered yet.
    g) Perhaps TIC set the course of events to blow up romulus to prevent TCW II, thereby setting up the chain of events that lead up to this alternet universe.
    h) Time is relative. if we go by Quantum mechanics multi-world theory, then there is just as likely a version of PRIME that the star didnt go nova before spock could stop it, therefor negating the need to even fix a timeline. In QM prime time line still exists; but as I said above what is that timeline? Each time ST went back in time they came back to a diffrent future even if they made the future's appear as though nothing happened in the fielf of view of the observer(ie those that went back in time).

3. Shaper079

Shaper079 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Yet another question. Why didn't they prevent Captain Picard from sending Tasha Yar and the Enterprise C back to alter history?

4. Rémi Hébert

Rémi Hébert Ensign Red Shirt

It could be great to have temporal agents that fix the time line in the next movie!

Bye!

Rémi

5. teacherbrock

[​IMG]

6. teacherbrock

Just think...no more Vulcan High Command. hehe.

7. anothertrekfan

anothertrekfan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I guess in a way I'm glad I stopped watching Enterprise after the first season. This crap seems like it would give me a big headache.

8. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So, do we know for a fact that Daniels' future is the "Prime TOS" timeline? Perhaps Daniels comes from the Abramsverse.

(although that doesn't explain Voyager's temporal police.)

9. teacherbrock

I'm rather a big ENT fan even though I grew up watching TNG as a little kid with my dad. This is more of a jest post. In reality we all know if mullti-world theory of Quantum Mechanics is correct not only does the original worldline exist still(post nova without spock prime as he left), but there is another worldline in which the star doesnt go nova just moments before spock can fix it, thus preserving Romulus and preventing the singularity.

10. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah -- we can only hope Ambassador Soval was still alive and on Vulcan so he could die a horrible death while his planet implodes around him.

11. teacherbrock

The star going nova is not unlike http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger%27s_cat Schrödinger's cat.

The star going nova at that exact moment is based on the collapse of the wave function of the first particle that started the nova reaction. The decay of that first particle exists as a wave of potentials and each wave collapses into an infinitive number of alternate worldlines. This means that the star doesn't go nova at all in one world line, it waits just long enough for Spock to stop it in another.

12. teacherbrock

That guy was one of the most emotional vulcans ever. Lotta rage and envy in that guy.

13. Silent_Bob

Silent_Bob Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Perhaps he was the one who taught SHOUTY SPOCK how to control his emotions so effectively.

14. Peter the Younger

Peter the Younger Commodore Commodore

He didn't: see the 4th season Vulcan arc.

Actually, Manny Coto tried to rehabilitate the 22nd century Vulcans' image in that season, including Soval. He did a pretty decent job of it.

15. teacherbrock

Just like you have said and others this is a plausible idea. It actually does make more sense that DANIELS would be from the abramsverse future. Seeing how 1) ENT is an alternate prequel past, ie the result of the enterpriese-e interference with FIRST CONTACT and 2) ENT being the only continuity that survives in the abramsverse.

Will Kirk Prime meet Kirk-new when they go back in time to get humbacks to save earth from the whale rod ship thingy? hehe I'd like to see Abrams bring back a ST series, he does so well at TV; if anyone could bring back ST televetion it would be him.

16. Phily B

Phily B Commodore Commodore

Re: Was the Temporal Integrity Commission/Relativity/Daniels on vacati

The whole time travel police was dumb as fuck.

I mean, I could buy some really advanced Federation technology and having one or two ships where they can observe past events like in that TNG episode. I also didn't mind the investigation people from DS9 cause it wasn't that serious, and was jokey. But thats about it.

17. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

IMO, the TIC hasn't gotten involved because as far as they're concerned, the timeline hasn't changed. Vulcan is still there.

Why go messing about in a timeline that isn't yours and has no impact on yours?

18. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

Daniels can take vacation at my place anytime.

19. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

There's no evidence that the Xindi attack didn't happen in the prime timeline. Until we're told differently, we can assume that it did.

Same goes for ST:FC. It was part of history all along. There was never a timeline where it did not. A classic predestination paradox. It always happened.