any "Radio Voices" you can't stand to listen to?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by backstept, Aug 18, 2009.

1. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

for me it's NPR's Daniel Schorr. sure, he's had a long and respected career, but time hasn't been good to his voice. he sounds like an old, tired, wheezy Droopy the Dog and I have to turn the radio off when he comes on

I also can't stand listening to people who have excessive mouth noise . . . like I can hear their tongue and cheeks moving around like somebody is stirring a bowl of jello . . . just plain icky!

2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

ESPN's Freddie Coleman and Amy Lawrence are my choices. Can't stand them at all.

3. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

John Sterling, and it's not because he's the Yankees broadcaster. I can't stand his catch phrases and the way he says them. I would hate it if he were my team's broadcaster. I can almost imagine him saying something like this:

"It's an a-bomb... from Al-Qaeda! Jihadists win! Thhhhhheeeee Jihadists win!"

Supposedly even the Yankees fans can't stand him.

4. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

Chris Evans

5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

When I lived with my father, he liked to listen to The Diane Rehm Show on NPR, and I simply couldn't stand to be in the room when he did. I've heard people described as having "a face for radio," but Rehm has a voice for print. An unbearable, creaking whine of a voice -- ughh.

6. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

Jeremy Vine on Radio 2. Everything sounds like a confrontation with him. I loathe listening to him.

7. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

I agreee. I sounds like she's in the midst of some sort of massive stroke and/or seizure. Every day.

8. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

I fucking HATE radio morniing shows, instead of rocking out on the drive to work, i't all jackassery in the mornings

9. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

Michael Savage. Vile man with a wretched voice. Jerry Doyle of B5 fame is also a douchebag.

10. backstept

that's why I stopped listening to Opie & Anthony and made the switch to NPR

11. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

I can confirm.

I am a Yankees fan and I can't stand him.

The only one I hate more is his current partner Suzyn (Y! Y!! Seriously!) Waldman. Gravel-voiced shrew...

12. AntonyF

AntonyF Official Tahmoh Taster Rear Admiral

Chris Moyles, and Mark and/or Lard.

It's all about them. I hate it.

13. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

"oh my! of all the dramatic things I've ever seen..."

couple of serious hacks right there, can't believe EITHER of them has a job. Just terrible...

14. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Matt Pinfield

While his knowledge of music is amazing, his voice after a while becomes irritating.

15. miraclefan

miraclefan Commodore Commodore

If I may ask. If they were Liberal would you have a different opinion of them?

16. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

No. Michael Savage just has a horrible voice. His political views just happen to be just to the right of insane in addition to that.

17. miraclefan

miraclefan Commodore Commodore

AH! I see. I have never heard a ''radio voice'' that I could not stand listening to, but there have been a cupple where there voice just made me drowsy.

18. mrcoaster

mrcoaster Fleet Admiral Admiral

Pretty much any FM morning show, especially any variation of Monsters/Crazy Guys/Morning Gang/whatever you want to call them. Also any and all "Bubba and Elroy" type shows. Since I listen to sat radio and the ole iPod, I rarely have to ever listen to that stuff.

Other things that would make me run screaming...
    Dr Laura
    Politics talk radio

19. backstept

what I can't stand are people that sound like they need to clear their throat or something . . . makes me want to clear my throat and it just drives me nut to hear these people with wierd scratchy voices

20. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

All callers that are on cellphones that keep breaking up. If I were a host, there'd be a zero tolerance policy with those kind of calls. You start to break up, you're cut off, no 10-20 seconds wasted on your static.