ST3 = epic Federation v Klingon war?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Khan 2.0, Sep 22, 2014.

1. thumbtack

thumbtack Commodore Commodore

There are the Amish Klingons of Porlac 5, but they are rarely spoken of.

2. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It seems at least plausible to me, the idea of combining the two ideas into one - "exploring new worlds" story with a "klingon all-out war" story - certainly it's not impossible:

Star Trek Awesome (2016)

Act 1
    The Federation is exploring for the first 40 minutes of the film. They do a tour of the outer rim and are on their way back from the inner rim and suddenly are attacked as the Klingons declare war and they want to hit Kirk's ship first because 'revenge is a dish best served cold' - of course Kirk is hungover and wrung out when this happens from partying too much with the local natives - weird aliens and some galactic douchebags that hang out in seedy bars.

Act 2
    (Paxton/Robocop/PeterWeller/AdmiralMarcus/WhoeverHeIs warns Kirk in Into Darkness - "War is coming." JJKhan's not dead.) What if to save the Federation from the Klingon invasion (which is kicking royal redshirt arse) Kirk and co. have to thaw out the genetically engineered supersolider-sickles and let them loose to defeat the Klingons? Pew-Pew! Lots of space damage.

Act 3
    JJKhan and co run off with JJBorg because 'we likes how they tastes' - yummy! The JJBorg eat all the JJKhans and leave to set up Star Trek XIV in which they fights the JJBorgs[enhanced by the biological distinctiveness of the Khan's seventy-two soldiers]. Then JJKirk will need help from PrimeU Riker and Picard.

Act 4
    Maybe stop by a few planets on the way home! Spock wants to pick up a bag of JJHor'ghans or something from JJRisa. There is a montage of Scott and Uhura trying on hats at a galactic shopping center run by robots and weirdos. [cue TOS theme with planetary credits]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  3. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I would have no problem if it is done with a Clancy type feel.

4. Mudang Harada

Mudang Harada Lieutenant Commander

Are those from the Errand of Vengeance books?

5. anh165

anh165 Commander Red Shirt

Considering how easily the Klingons were taken care of in STID, and how Nero quickly nullified the Klingon captors in the ST '09 deleted scene, it's difficult to see the Klingons as a serious villain in the JJ verse.

My take is, the super fast warp drive of the JJ verse ships enable the Enterprise to be places the TOS (even TNG?) era ships could only dream of and there she encounters new and considerably formidable enemies.

6. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2014
  7. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

^I would pay to see that.
    TOS, TAS and the classic movies reached the rim of the galaxy twice and the centre of the galaxy twice, no trouble at all. IMO, the new movies are in line with that and it's TNG (or more accurately, Voyager) which slowed warp speed down massively. It's pretty much impossible to make sense of.

8. Mudang Harada

Mudang Harada Lieutenant Commander

anh:
    Come on Nero had a plot shield at the moment and i doubt their mightiest warriors are prison guards.

9. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

10. anh165

The difference is the JJ verse Enterprise can travel such distances at will, where as the TOS ship reached places by means of plot device.

We already learned in STID that starfleet went all out with their exploration programs and already encountered stuff that would have taken years later in TOS.

TOS Kirk in the defeated every klingon within an episode span. It would be unconvincing if the Klingons suddenly would be a challenge of any important significance to the crew in this time line.

11. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

No magic tech, no alien intervention. IMO it's no different to the new movies.:shrug:

12. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

So could the TOS Enterprise...

This was after the Enterprise had been thrown a thousand light-years from its previous position and was on the return trip.

13. anh165

All I am saying is the JJ Verse crew (and the rest of Starfleet) has pretty much covered more of the galaxy than the TOS/Prime counter parts did.

And as with many episodes of Trek, a story can come about when the crew are in the right place at the right time, or the wrong place at the wrong time ... whichever way you look at it.

I am not against revisiting old enemies, as the way how Khan was incorporated in was rather clever and tied in well to the events of ST09, I am not sure how Klingon's can top Khan as a formidable foe.

14. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

But the speeds in JJ movies are WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!!!!
    (I heard it on good authority from Lt. Barclay.) So how can it be that the sacred foundation of all that is Trek could get it so wrong?
    Norman, Norman coordinate. :lol: