Pot-smoking neighbors

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by RoJoHen, Nov 4, 2009.

1. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Same here.

Although, I did take a medicine for my bipolar disorder that gave me vivid hallucinations of my own death.

2. Bears Discover Fire

Bears Discover Fire Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What a coincidence. I also had to take psychotropic meds for bipolar disorder in college which gave me similar symptoms. The experience was so psychologically and physiologically taxing, so terrifying and painful, I just couldn't (and still can't) fathom intentionally risking that again in the name of recreation, of all things. It was like being on a five year long bad trip. In the aftermath I avoid even aspirin if I can help it.

I also simply can't stand the smell of pot and have a natural aversion to any substance that is best inhaled, like pot, or snorted, like coke, as it looks dirty and off putting. More than a whiff of weed smoke and the bile starts splashing at the back of my throat.

3. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Fortunately I never had so severe a reaction to my bipolar medication when I was on it. Had a seizure once, I'm told, but don't remember it. And I have a sneaking suspicion it may have had long-term effects on my libido or lack thereof.

The rest I can entirely agree with, though. Don't really understand the appeal of anything mind-altering.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  4. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it was bad for me, too. I felt half awake and half dreaming. I was paranoid and dead all at once. It probably lasted at its worst for half of an hour but I can't say for sure.

5. Captain Ice

Captain Ice Cookie Constructor Admiral

Getting Captain Ice on to the naughty list
    Pretty much the same here in the late 80's and early 90's. If you were going to be in the "cool" group, then you did try it along with a few other things. I'm not going to go as radical as you and loudly proclaim that if you didn't, you didn't have friends period though, because that simply is NOT true.

I will agree with the fact that teenage usage of pot, as well as alcohol, cigarettes, and sex was a lot more public than it is today. But, you also have to remember that at that time we really didn't know much about the effects of these things period. Much of this knowledge has only come to light in the last 25 years.

6. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm 40 and have never taken part in illicit drug activity; however, I have been jacked up on morphine while in ICU and that SUCKS.

7. Commander Rabbit

Commander Rabbit Commander

I work in corrections, and I agree w/ you.

8. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

ICU sucks. Morphine rocks.

9. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Even cold medicines make me sick (much worse than the actual cold). Actual hard drugs would probably kill me.

10. Colonel Green

Colonel Green Vice Admiral Admiral

The 70's mentality you describe perfectly matches that which currently prevails around here, at least as far as drug use in concerned. Of course Canada has never really had the whole "war on drugs" to the degree that you guys have.

In my town, you'd be hard pressed to walk down a city street and NOT see somebody smoking up. If the cops catch you, the worst you can expect is to be told to throw your joint into the gutter.

My Dad (who smokes a LOT of grass) has frequently commented on the fact that marijuana is better, more available and more socially acceptable now that it was when he was growing up in the 60's and 70's.

That said, I DO like the the pot capital of the North America. :techman:

11. Mr. Laser Beam

Hmm. Well if it's all the same to you all, I feel quite comfortable being utterly un-"cool".

12. Nerdius Maximus

Nerdius Maximus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I wouldn't call the cops...at first. I don't smoke weed myself(Probably done it four times in my entire life), but I support the idea that people should be able to make their own decisions when it comes to things like that.
    That being said, some people just don't want to smell smoke of any kind, and it's highly inconsiderate of your neighbors to force it upon you.
    I'd call the cops as a last resort if speaking to them, putting a note on their door or kicking their asses didn't work. :lol: And that would be sheerly out of spite, not because of some misguided sense of morality regarding "drug" use.

On a side note, I hate apartments, and I never want to live in one again. I used to have some downstairs neighbors who partied all night, had the bass thumping and the walls rattling. One morning I waited until I thought they were probably asleep, put a subwoofer on the floor, facing downward, and blasted Slayer's "Angel of Death" at almost full volume. I wasn't worried about disturbing the neighbors to the side, because they were inconsiderate dickheads, too.
    These idiots used to sit out on the deck with these citronella candles lit, and leave them lit when they went to bed, sitting precariously along the railings. This was directly beneath me. They were some annoying hipster types who drove a volvo with one of those SWEDISH tags on the front. Lord, I hated them, and the micro-brewery beer bottles they'd toss out on the grass. :rolleyes:

13. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

I agree as some people are allergic to any kind of smoke.

back in July we had a thread titled "My downstairs neigbors are having very noisy sex." You may wish to review that for ideas.

You may send a paid subscription to Cannabis Culture Magazine, HIGH TIMES, 420 Magazine to 2 neighbors nearby apartment #s but with your downstairs neighbors full name. Pay for the subscription when you mail in the magazine card or else it is mail fraud.
    Or you can mail it to the apartment bulding owner's mailing address with your downstairs neighbors name.

Public shaming in a passive aggresive way...

You can also put them on a couple "junk mail" lists that they really cannot get off of. Send a contribution via snail mail with minimal payment of say $15 or 20. to
    Republican National Committee or
    National Rifle Association (1 Year Membership = $35.00)
    but instead of their full name you can put in their name as
    FIRST NAME: Cannabi
    LAST NAME: their last name
    If you are willing to part with that money for a little satisfaction it may be worth it.
    The RNC & NRA send out mailings & put you on other direct mailing lists and never stop.

14. Mr. Laser Beam

Eh? :confused:

15. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would not be annoyed at all if somebody did that to me.

Bit of a chore to go downstairs to get it every month, but still, it's the thought that counts :lol: