Zombieland TV Comedy Series being developed

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...micCon+(The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Heat+Vision)

After TWD's huge season 2 premiere ratings, I'm not surprised at this news. At least this series is taking the comedy route and looks like it won't be aping TWD too much. I liked the movie so this looks intresting. I only hope we arent flooded with too many zombie shows in the next few years! I'm picturing a million zombies coming out of clown car. :rommie:

2. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    ZL was originally conceived as a TV series. I'd definitely check it out, but I'd hate to miss out on a sequel with Harrelson and Eisenberg.

3. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

The movie was fantastic, but as Kelso says it was originally developed as a television show. I think the "Zombie Kill of the Week" aspect would translate very well to the television medium!

4. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

This.

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure how I feel about this as a HUGE fan of the film. I can see a television series working incredibly well as we explore different aspects of Zombieland. The cast and their dynamic really made the film work and I really still want a sequel but if this is what we end up getting instead I'll give it a chance. Plus..you can have the Zombie Kill of the Week DING!!!

6. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And with it being a comedy...will we get a chance to see some celebrity zombies? That'd be nice...

And it might be nice they had a poster of George Romero's "night of the Living UNdead" to explain why people didn't initially know how to kill zombies...

7. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

And Stone. Can't forget her.

8. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just hope it's funnier than Death Valley. :rolleyes:

9. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't know. A big part of what made the movie so funny was how gory and profane and outrageous it was. A Fox TV version couldn't be nearly as violent, and the language would be softened into nothingness as well.

I just don't see what the point would be.

10. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Heh, that bar is so low, they can't help but soar over it :rommie:

11. Temis the Vorta

Okay, a LOT LOT LOT funnier than Death Valley. :rommie:

Yeah, the subject matter just cries out for the outrageous approach. I can't stand any broadcast comedy anymore, because I've been spoiled by cable comedy. To me, the difference between cable and broadcast is even bigger for comedy than for drama.

12. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

Just because Fox is producing it doesn't mean it'll end up on Fox network. It could just as easily end up on Showtime (where it probably belongs). More likely the Fox-owned FX Network, but a premium network would allow the humor of the movie to translate well to the half-hour medium.

13. Temis the Vorta

FX would be the place for it.

14. Pilot Ace

Pilot Ace Captain Captain

Interesting. I wonder if all the problems with getting the sequel ready to go prompted this move. I'd give it at least an episode or two to impress me, considering I enjoyed the movie quite a bit.

15. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Problems being everyone involved are extremely busy right now. One assumes this is why a series is in development right now.

16. Pilot Ace

Pilot Ace Captain Captain

My mistake! I thought the problems had amounted to more than just availability.

17. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

How about AMC? Double feature with TWD and Zombieland every weekend!:rommie:

18. PsychoPere

19. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

‘Zombieland’ TV Show Canceled: Producer Blames Fans

http://www.ibtimes.com/zombieland-t...hett-reese-blames-fans-canceled-amazon-series

I guess The Walking Dead will be the only game zombie series in town for a while.

20. PsychoPere

If it had actually been any good, perhaps people wouldn't have "hated it out of existence." Unfortunately, it was awful.