Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

There's plenty wrong with Jessica Biel.

While she's pretty to look at, she's kinda bland as an actor and not particularly memorable from any role. I honestly can't think of a movie she's in.

Rachel McAdams would be good.
    Zooey.... maybe.
    I like the idea of Rosario...

2. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

Lois Lane? Anne Hathaway.

3. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

Rachel McAdams for my pick. Biel doesn't hold up against McAdams in acting. At least it's not Megan Fox.

4. How about Kristen Bell?

Honestly, Lois Lane would be the perfect return to the feisty Veronica Mars type character that put her on the fame map to begin with.

5. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I know some didn't want Tom Welling as Superman but how about Erica Durance as Lois?

[​IMG]

6. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

If it's between McAdams and Biel at this point, then I hope McAdams gets the role.

7. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I read an interview somewhere where Durance said she wouldn't want to play Lois without the rest of the Smallville crew. Of course, she doesn't have a shot in hell anyway, so her saying that is like JaMarcus Russell saying he doesn't want to be the starting quarterback of the New England Patriots if Les Miles isn't the coach. :lol:

8. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I concur.

9. Chick_McGeester

Chick_McGeester Lieutenant

What about Robin Tunney from the Mentalist for Lois. She looks just like Margot Kidder.

10. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Kristen Bell is an intriguing suggestion, though it's hard to imagine her as a brunette.

11. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

She's already 38, be 39 in June

12. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I hope Jessica Biel doesn't get it. She has no on screen chemistry whatsoever and is a horrible actress. I hope McAdams gets it.

13. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I do know she doesn't have a chance in Hades but I would like to see her in the role anyway.

14. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Kristen Bell just signed on to co-star in a new TV series, so scheduling may put her out of the running.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if WB goes with Jessica Biel. She's the right age, has a high profile and she's been in the mix for WB superhero movies before (she auditioned for Catwoman and made the shortlist, losing out to Anne Hathaway in the end, and WB was very keen for her to play Wonder Woman in George Miller's JLA film, but she turned them down that time). They often end up casting people who gave strong auditions for other parts but just lost out, as has happened with Henry Caville himself.

15. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

They're still shooting for a winter 2012 release date, right? So they'll be shooting during the 2011-12 TV season, which would eliminate a few names.

16. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Not sure if she's been brought up before, but Sarah Lancaster (the super adorable and incredibly sexy sister on Chuck) would probably make a good Lois too.

17. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Some of the Jessica Biel hate is funny. :lol: :borg:

18. Admiral_Young

I kind of agree with Out of My Vulcan Mind about Jessica. Plus she kind of resembles the young Lois Lane from "Birthright". Maybe Biel is just needing the right script but I've never liked her.

19. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think Biel is necessarily that bad of an actress (in fact I thought she was actually pretty good in The Illusionist), but she just doesn't have nearly enough personality or attitude for someone like Lois.

20. Admiral_Young

^ Exactly.