If annother Trek series was being made, what would you want in it?

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by Green Lantern, Jul 4, 2012.

1. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

I want to see a jewish character on Star Trek. It would be nice to see jews around in the future. I don't recall any Jewish characters in the previous star trek movies and star trek tv series.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  2. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

I want to see a disabled captain who tries to run over everybody with his wheelchair.

3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I think they should do a 'Pike in the 24th Century' series. Just transplant his brain to a humanoid body and you have a brand new starship captain.

After the monumental death tolls of the 24th century, I doubt Starfleet would be in a position to say no.

4. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

:rommie::bolian:

5. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Perhaps one of the crew (Captain) can be a Stephen Hawking.

The different perspective aspect would be nice, and while they are being aliens lose all the "half-Human" characters. And don't do what they did on DS9 with the Ferengi and turn them into nice little western civilization Humans at the end.

If there is a episode that features the federation council, try not having it be basically a version of the "West Wing." There are a hundred and fifty alien races, each with (likely) multiple cultures, have the writers show some imagination in how things are done in the council.

TNG did a fairly good job (initially) of not showing Vulcans, the new show can continue that theme with not having the same old tired list of establish aliens - except maybe on very rare occasions. No Klingons, Cardassians, Andorians.

And please God no Romulans at all.

On the other hand, some of the races we've seen, but not too much of, could be explored. For example we never really learn much about the Tellarites, the Bolians are semi-unknown, is everyone one from Risa a resort worker - or do some of them reject that occupation.

:)

6. d'Anconia

d'Anconia Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The Gap in the fabric of all Time and Space.
    A series based on a ship with an All-Vulcan crew would be nice, like the one in ds9's 'Take me out to the Holosuites'.

7. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I don't know. Seems to me a series like that might, well, lack emotion . . . .

8. GulGoneCrazy

GulGoneCrazy Lieutenant Red Shirt

Cardassians taking over Bajor :evil:!
    But it is unlikely that ever will happen...

9. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

10. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Some of the io9 commenters had the good idea that an AI character in a future Trek series shouldn't at all have any kind of Pinocchio/Tin Man complex. That is, an AI character that isn't there to extoll the virtues of humanity and aspire to be human. That opens up a can of worms you can't explore with a character like Data, Doctor, or Seven.

11. captainkirk

captainkirk Commodore Commodore

I had said that I wanted a Pike series, and now from the Trekmovie comments:

23. Plump Spider - July 28, 2012

I would like a TV series about Pike’s time on the Enterprise, starring Greenwood.

Followed up with:

25. boborci - July 28, 2012

23. Me, too!

Now we know that he's been looking into the possibility of a new series, so if he wants a Pike series then that could be one of his ideas. Bruce Greenwood does do TV work.

12. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

One thing I would like to see more of in the next Trek series would be characters out of uniform. After their shift, off ship, etc, see them in civvies, away from the confines of the uniform and enjoying themselves.

Is it just me that finds it odd that so many people would stay in uniform for a night out in Ten Forward or Quarks?

13. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

A female Orion crewmember. Tired of ice princess/sex godesses. Give us somebody who not only promises, but delivers.

Jeffrey Combs, as a human, possibly the ships doctor.

14. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

I would love a show similar to what I read in the novel Articles of the Federation. A political show based in Paris that shows how the Government can effectively run a Federation as vast and diverse as the UFP. There are numerous ways to incorporate issues from Nemesis and the Dominion war as major influences to the political landscape of the Apha/Beta Quadrant. There is also room for guest stars from the other T.V. shows/movies. How does the Federation work in concert with Stafleet, how do major decisions get deliberated amongst the council, how does Section 31 insert itself into current events. I think it would be a fresh new take on Star Trek.

15. Knight Templar

Knight Templar Commodore

I"m tired of aliens. How about an all human main cast for the series?

16. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

:techman:

Yeah and they should all be white men too, preferably of Christian doctrine. j/k

17. Greg Cox

Star Trek without aliens would be like Dark Shadows without vampires.

I don't see the point.

18. Knight Templar

Knight Templar Commodore

My preference but not a priority.

Never said "without aliens" Greg.

I said "main cast".

One could argue that Phlox and T'pol didn't add much to Enterprise (and that T'pol actually hurt the series).

19. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

How do people like you end up Star Trek fans to begin with?

It was actually Trinneer, Billingsley and Blalock that propped the series up for much of its run (the rest were cardboard). Two of those three played aliens.

20. Greg Cox

But where's the fun in that? Can you imagine TOS without Spock? He was the most popular character! Or TNG without Worf? Or DS9 without Quark or Odo or Dax or Kira? Or Voyager without the EMH or Seven of Nine?

If you want an all-human cast, why not just watch Law & Order?

Star Trek has always welcomed regular characters from strange new worlds and new civilizations. That's kind of its mission statement.

I mean, what on Earth (or Vulcan) do you gain by getting rid of all the cool alien regulars? They're usually the most interesting ones!

(And I'm not going to even touch the white, Christian men thing. Star Trek ditched that "preference" almost fifty years ago--and good riddance!)