Has Barclays Center begun construction in NYC?

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Mr. Laser Beam, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

It sounds like quite a place. It is high time that some form of professional sports returns to Brooklyn (AFAIK, there hasn't been any since the Dodgers). I see that the center has its own website which seems full of info, although I haven't been able to tell if construction on the arena proper has begun. Has it?

Also, assuming construction is a go, is it confirmed that the Nets will change their name after relocating there (i.e. from New Jersey Nets to the Brooklyn Nets)?

2. Mallory

Mallory Moderator In Memoriam

I'm guessing they'd just go back to being the New York Nets. I'm sure they didn't drop the trademark and licensing rights to their original name when they relocated across the river.

3. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Cool.

I'm not exactly a hugely devoted basketball fan, but at least I'll be able to get there easily (provided it's close enough to the Atlantic Avenue subway station). :techman:

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Sorry for the bump (that seems to be a habit of mine :lol: ) but this link says that ground hasn't been broken yet? :confused:

6. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    I'd prefer "Brooklyn Nets" over "New York Nets."

7. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

I'm rarely ever in Brooklyn, so I've no idea what's going on with it. But I haven't heard anything about it in a long time.

8. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

I think its still stalled. I pass the area regularly and I haven't seen any work being done