Welcome new Voyager fans!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Caprica_Six, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Caprica_Six

Caprica_Six Admiral Admiral

Wow my old thread is still here **waves from the Delta Quadrant**

Thomas Eugene likes this.
  2. Alex Timmins

Alex Timmins Cadet Newbie

Hi I'm am new to Star Trek and I love voyager
    Any suggestions on what to watch next

3. Dan Wilson

Dan Wilson Ensign Red Shirt

Love voyager great sereis

4. Voth commando1

Voth commando1 Commodore Commodore

In a sub-sub atomic universe with kittens
    How far have you gotten? Do you want to go in order or are you skipping around?

A few recommendations-Eye of the Needle, Distant Origin, Worst Case Scenario, Learning Curve, Alliances, Basics, Warlord, Jetrel, Unity-and that's the first three seasons.

5. Tesophius

Tesophius Captain Captain

Howdy everyone

I've watched all of Voyager about five years ago, from start to end. I've only now began to re-watch some of the episodes. I think there are some isolated gems, dealing with Holodeck, exploring worlds, time travel - even some of the best ST episodes ever. Anything Kazon and Borg related I thought was pretty boring, but I just don't find these sorts of conflicts in Star Trek to be realistic.

The whole premise of Voyager, I think, is great. It creates an interesting setting and sets the tone without tying the show down to a single conflict, opened it up to possibilities of encountering and exploring the unknown, and succeeded in doing so, in many cases.

While not my favorite Trek, it's still a good show :)

My favorite Voyagers characters are Tuvak and the Doctor.

6. Voth commando1

Voth commando1 Commodore Commodore

In a sub-sub atomic universe with kittens
    Voyager made the Borg actually visually tolerable BOBW Borg were painful for mine eyes.

7. michael pantazelos

michael pantazelos Cadet Newbie

i watch Voyager on BBC america and amazon prime, watching it right now, episode where Q wants to mate w/ captain JANEWAY

Tesophius and Thomas Eugene like this.
  8. luckysurfer

luckysurfer Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

hi all!!

9. Jodofett

Jodofett Cadet Newbie

Hi this is Jodofett I made it from INMDB they went supernova closed its boards!Not enough positive experience for users and to many trolls.They never bothered me

10. Annika

Annika Ensign Newbie

Hello everyone. I am new here. I really hope this forum is still active.. I have been obsessed with Voyager for 17 years. I adore Janeway and Seven:drool::adore:. Don't mention the travesty that is canon C/7 to me. :wah: no. just NO. :angryrazz: My least favorite character is Chakotay :shifty: Hoping to find a place to discuss my obsession with people who share it :D

11. Six of Twelve

Six of Twelve Captain Captain

I didn't like the C/7 thing, either. Not believable behavior for Seven of Nine and the actors had absolutely no chemistry together.

12. Annika

Annika Ensign Newbie

I completely agree with you.. Chakotay was very cold toward Seven since season 4, he clearly irritated her to no end and like you said, zero chemistry between them! I comfort myself with the scene in Endgame where they have their little argument after Seven speaks to Admiral Janeway and she tells him their relationship is a mistake and its over. I choose to believe it stays that way! -I saw a youtube clip at one of the conventions where Beltran said that it was some joke between Braga and Beltran. He told Jeri in the makeup room that Braga would never let him kiss Seven now that they were dating because he is jealous and suddenly it was in the script. Jeri was not there to verify or deny it but I can believe it.. Seems so childish. :rolleyes::shifty:

13. Six of Twelve

I think how Seven behaved in Someone to Watch Over Me is more believable, as she'd look at the human dating ritual as more of a science experiment than anything else. And I think the Doctor's feelings for her at the end were very touching. I think if Seven were to ever have a long term committed relationship, it would have to be with a man who understood and accepted her Borg-like ways and wouldn't expect her to be "like everyone else". In fact, making Seven TOO human, so that she was little different from the other women on Voyager would have been a mistake and not believable. Being brought up by the Borg during one's formative years is not something someone would completely shake off. And, as Seven said in the "Collective" episode, that she drew strength from how the Borg had brought order into her brain.

14. Annika

Annika Ensign Newbie

Well, I definitely agree that Seven would have to find -someone- who accepted her for who she was and did not try to change her against her will. That does not necessarily have to be a man or even a human, it is the 24th century after all! ;)

15. Thomas Eugene

Thomas Eugene Commodore Commodore

She will find someone in the relaunch books who is going to accept her and is not going to try to change her ... It's a shame the guy is a complete idiot ... but he will accept her, definitely ... :brickwall:

16. Herbert

Herbert Commodore Commodore

I've been going through the whole Voyager series. On season 6 right now. You'd think with all the advanced civilizations they found in the Delta Quadrant, they could have found at least one with cloaking technology and arranged to trade for it. Would have made the trip home a lot easier. Although, a lot more boring too ;)

Annika and Six of Twelve like this.
  17. Herbert

I watched the episode, Ashes To Ashes, last night. Given that Voyage has been steadily moving toward the Alpha Quadrant in a more or less straight line and given the fact that they have found some years to cut years off their trip, it seems unlikely that Ballard could have caught up with a found Voyager.

18. Herbert

Apparently, I can't edit my posts here. The above should read as follows.

I watched the episode, Ashes To Ashes, last night. Given that Voyager has been steadily moving toward the Alpha Quadrant in a more or less straight line and given the fact that they have found some ways to cut years off their trip, it seems unlikely that Ballard could have caught up with Voyager at all.

19. Six of Twelve

You can't edit because you are a newbie. Don't worry, you'll get editing ability soon.

20. Sevenofninelover

Sevenofninelover Cadet Newbie

Hello.