Speculations on Star Trek 3?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by starsuperion, Jun 2, 2014.

1. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Except one has its place in Proper Star Trek, and the other doesn't.

2. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Cue scene from that Star Trek: Voyager episode with that Kazon surprise attack on a meeting.

3. The Wormhole

But that's okay, because whenever Pure Trek does something like that, it's because of artistic integrity and making a point.

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Agreed.

To label some Trek as "real" or "pure" and some not, implies that there is some ultimate authority that gets to make that decision for you. And this further implies that if you don't agree with that definition, your opinions are wrong, and you may not enjoy what you want to.

Of COURSE it doesn't make sense.

5. Nero's Shadow

Nero's Shadow Captain Captain

Klingons !!! Kor Kang and Koloth !!!

6. saddestmoon

saddestmoon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My crazy wish-list: to see a full-scale Klingon / Federation war - maaaaaasssive fleet engagements!!! :D Followed by a conflict between the Romulan Empire and the Federation (the Romulan Empire displaying advanced starships also influenced by Nero's incursion).

Finally: Starfleet using their secret weapon: a non section-31 USS Vengeance starship helmed by a re-awakend Khan, who employs the use of the Vengeance's secret weapon...

Post-credit scene: the aftermath of battle: the red-hulled USS Excelsior (Armstrong-Class) helmed by Sulu, comes out of warp... After days of searching for survivors, and not finding anyone alive - Sulu exclaims 'Gone! All of them gone!' and stares out the viewscreen longingly, for hours on end... until one of his officers interrupts, with news they have locked onto a weak warp signature, originating from an unknown starship that had left the location of the battle, hours before the Excelsior arrived.

Sulu locks his gaze with his helmsman, and orders the Excelsior to Transwarp, adding 'we go boldly...'

;)

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Avery Brooks as Dr. Richard Daystrom

8. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

That would be a rather brilliant piece of casting if Daystrom was a bit role in the next film.

9. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have been confused by this ever since Abrams Trek 09 came out. I get that different incarnations of Trek are different, but each of them always had their character moments that shined through. Despite acceptance now, TNG was not always accepted by Trek fans (my dad still has not seen an episode). TOS pilot shows fisticuffs and combat, while TNG pilot shows them seeking out new life and promptly surrendering to it.

Despite these rough starts, each came through with shining characters and powerful moments. Despite the presentation, Trek 09 and ID had some deeply impactful character moments.

It might not be to some individual's tastes, but that doesn't invalidate it as Star Trek. Not good, not bad, just different.

However, with regards to Star Trek 3, I would like some more exploration.

10. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Waaaaaay too fat. And old. And bald. IMO, at least.

I think Chiwetel Ejiofor would be awesome in the role, if they gave him some platform shoes.

11. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I don't think 'old' or 'bald' would preclude him from playing the role.

12. The Wormhole

What, Nero's presence couldn't accelerate his age, or cause him to gain wait and lose his hair?

13. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

REAL STAR TREK.

After a major attack on a Starfleet facility, "real" starfleet officers would never meet in a conference room, high up in a glass tower, with great big unshielded windows.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

14. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

I'm sure it would never happen, but I'd love if they used the 23rd century Dax as a supporting character. I'm not sure which one it would be at this time, Emory, the one McCoy had a fling with, or Audrid. Either could be a love interest for McCoy. If it was Audrid there could be reassociation issues, but I'm not sure if a fling like the one McCoy had with Emory would apply. If it did, then there would be added angst. I'm not at all sure that would be a problem though. I always thought it a little odd that Curzon, Jadzia and Ezri all had a close friendship with Sisko and that was ok with the Trills. I guess reassociation only applies to romance.
    Okay, I did check on Memory Alpha for dates of the Dax hosts to satisfy my own curiosity. It says that Emory Dax died on 2371 and Into Darkness is in 2259 but it also says Audrid Dax, who came after Emory, died in 2284. so clearly the dates for Emory's death is wrong. Audrid was born in 2224 So I think it's still iffy as to which host should be in the movie, but since this is a different timeline, they could go against the established history anyways.
    It would be nice to give McCoy a stronger role and a love interest. I previously had hoped for Chapel to have a role (and still do) and thought with Spock in a serious relationship that Chapel would be good with McCoy (and I still like that too) but I am loving the idea of using Dax now. A tie in DS9 like this would be a nice treat for fans too.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  15. Mr. Laser Beam

Well, I have no idea what he looks like now. I'm just remembering his DS9 days. And remember, you've got to have someone who can do the VOICE like Daystrom had. And who's better at that than Avery "It's REEEEEEEEEAL!!" Brooks?

16. austen_pierce

austen_pierce Captain Captain

Enterprise is blown to bits and rebuilt at the end of the film. After the end credits roll, Pine, Quinto, Saldana, etc emerge from a plain looking turbolift interior onto....

the TOS bridge. :guffaw:

17. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have no idea how old Daystrom is supposed to be in "The Ultimate Computer", but my impression was that he was starting to get on in years and desperately trying to regain former glories. IMO in the nuTrek timeframe he should be the young genius in his prime.

Good point about the voice, though. I'd forgotten how intense and deep it was.

18. acappellasaurus

acappellasaurus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Idris Elba for Daystrom (speaking to that hypothetical). Or as NuSisko for that matter.

19. Mr. Laser Beam

Courtney B. Vance, then?