STTMP vignette from the 1970s

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by RAMA, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow - I wish I'd seen that a year ago - some awesome shots of zaranites and arcturians that I could have used in my youtube comic. I've saved over 100 screenshots so I'll definitely be using some in story three. :bolian:

2. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

That guy shaving her hair did that about as gently as I've ever seen. I like to believe he was trying to be delicate for her sake.

Here's a similar scene from THX-1138.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN-96qcPVh8[/yt]

3. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

The lower one is the same image as seen at the bottom of the photo of Yuricich and his painting. It's a matte concept, which were usually painted onto a photograph of the live-action plate.

4. Maab

Maab Commander Red Shirt

You are right! I didn't notice that. It can be seen even better in this other picture.

[​IMG]

Maab

5. Pauln6

Why haven't they produced a widely available picture of that shot of the Rec Deck scene to the the left in that last photo? It looks amazing! A high definition rendering would be stellar too.

6. Maab

Maab Commander Red Shirt

I'd like that too!

Maab

7. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

I have this (tighter) image as an 8x10 publicity still, from a set of eight shots (not the bigger lobby cards) - one of those photo sets sent to the media, with the title and details printed along the bottom:

[​IMG]
    Whole crew, TMP by Therin of Andor, on Flickr

I added the ruler myself, to help me plot the aliens and fan extras for a blog entry:
    http://therinofandor.blogspot.fr/2007/08/faces-in-crowd-ive-wanted-to-do-this.html

8. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

What's great about that angle is you can clearly see the nacelle strut through the lower windows.

9. Maab

Maab Commander Red Shirt

Nice picture and very interesting article!

Maab

10. Pauln6

Yeah it's cool. There are also some hi-res screenshots on Trekcore but I've never seen a shot that goes as high or as wide as the one in the pic here. I love the concept art too. Visually, the Enterprise shots and interior in TMP were things of beauty and they dismantled that Rec Deck after that one day's shooting. That wide angle pic is the only one I've seen that really does the set justice.