Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives Captain Captain

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Santa's apparently been a mutant for awhile now in the 616 Marvel continuity, but since they're not referring to him as such anymore must mean he'll probably be appearing in Infinity War 1.

Wanda's next spell will likely reveal he's actually an Inhuman.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Byrne's She-Hulk had him flirting with She-Hulk and Mrs Claus justifiably drenching Jennifer's office in reindeer scat.

3. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Thanks everyone! It just seemed weird that Santa showed up with little or no explanation. As a relatively new-ish reader still, it took me a little by surprise :lol:

4. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Sorry for the later reply, long weekend and all.

I'm already done collecting anything largely considered A-list on a monthly level. Trade wait those books along with events. The books at Marvel or DC I buy monthly are the ones that I suspect need the monthly dollar or they'll go away with on certainty of returning any time soon. If they go AOA line wide I guess we'll see how stringent that truly is or if the B/C list titles that are usually unconnected, or more so, remain that way.

I buy Deathlok, Black Widow, Punisher, Ghost Rider, Guardians 3000, Ant-Man and Legendary Star Lord.

I thought Bendis on Moon Knight sounded like a sure thing but even having read that run a second time with the idea of knowing the direction it's a sub-par run. Just cause "it's Hickman" is some blind faith. I read Dr.Spektor at Dynamite "cause it was Waid" and it was one of the worst things I read in 2014. I get what you're saying and I've been guilty of it as well. I'm trying to not be as much going forward though.

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Guardians 3000" has been awesome so far.

6. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Nikki finally showed up. So I'm good.

7. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Really wish they put Abnett back on the main title.

8. Captain Craig

I was glad to see this as well.
    With the time loop and universe bending elements of this arc it seems Marvel is going to have their cake and eat it too with StarLord. I'm guessing this Quill will stick around in the title after everything is said and done? I just don't want Vance to take a back seat to him due to editorial fiat.

I'll have a Quill fix in the GotG and Legendary Star Lord titles. The GotG team-up book as well(although I may pass on that title).

9. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

So how many different earths are clashing in this? Because isn't that American Dream? And at least three different Thors on there:

http://marvel.com/comics/events/323/secret_wars_2015

""The Marvel Universe as you know it is done. The Ultimate Universe as you know it is done."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=j7L6mDjQHNs

Yow-za the more they explain this - the more I like it - I think a lot of long-term fans are going to be unhappy however...

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  10. Captain Craig

I've been telling myself I'd move to being a Trades only reader one day. Slowly I've made that transition by not buying events, then not buying A-list character titles. Only supporting those B/C list characters but now, if it's all ending. If it's one giant Mephisto-vian OMD/BND and all I've known and cared about since the Bronze Age forward is gone this may be where I get off the monthly train entirely.

Nu52 at DC I tried you and in your promise to be new, I tried new and you just cancelled the stuff I found interesting while neglecting the characters I adored. I now only read 2 DC books monthly.

I'm about to be strictly a smaller publisher buyer at the monthly level. Marvel & DC will have lost me to just Trades.

11. Guy Gardener

The digital comics that "we" buy from comixology.

Are they printable, and does anyone here print them?

Considering how much it costs to replace an ink cartridge, this is a now and then thing and not an 80 books a week thing, unless you still live with mum and dad.

Okay here's the cool bit.

Use a commercial printer to make literally giant sized comics the size of a dinner table.

12. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

the announcement certainly lacks details. it only kinda sorta sounds like a reboot.

13. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

To me it seems to be:

Worlds mash together >>> Battleworld >>> Shiny new marvel universe.

I don't think Battleworld can be THE marvel universe of the future because it doesn't have any of the physical features of our world and at some stage someone is going to want to write a story set in the UK or spain or well whereever...

14. Guy Gardener

Do adults read comics for the fights?

15. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

This isn't a relaunch or a reboot. At the end of this we'll have a singular Marvel Universe...much like DC attempted before it decided to bring back it's multiverse in "Infinite Crisis".

For those who missed it this was the Battleworld Map released at the end of November featuring the various realities that will be featured in the series. The teasers Marvel did last year will most likely be mini-series.

http://www.newsarama.com/22828-marvel-release-full-map-of-secret-wars-battleworld.html

16. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

This was my reaction on Twitter (expanded from hashtag-speak): "Looks like Marvel's celebrating the 30th-anniversary of DC's Crisis on Infinite Earths with Secret Wars." :)

17. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

^You win the internet for the day.

18. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

*groans* Please tell me they're not rebooting the continuity. :(

19. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Technically then neither was Crisis on Infinite Earths since that was just five universes mashed together.

20. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Call it what it is, a reboot. They will pick and choose which characters to remain after the War and start over. All new #1's across the board with the ideal versions of the characters back. Frankly as convoluted as Marvel is now they badly need this.