Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Alidar Jarok, Jan 21, 2010.

?

How excited are you that I'm here?

1. W00t!! Let's get this party started!

394 vote(s)
    71.6%
  2. I'm ok with it, I'll live.

116 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Meh.

27 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. BOO!! GO AWAY!!!

13 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

Hey Shire55!

Okay, I'm a bit jealous now.

2. kirsten187

kirsten187 Napoleonic Power Monger Admiral

I wondered whether I should inform you of this Satyrquaze but it appears you found it yourself.....

3. Shire55

Shire55 Ensign Newbie

Hi All, I met Patrick at two conventions he did in the last weekend of Jan, 2010. I am a member of the PSN (the Patrick Stewart Network) and through them he found out that my husband and I had lost our home and everything we owned in the 2009 "Black Saturday" bush fires here in Aust. He, being such a kind, caring and compassionate man, let the club officers know that should I attend the cons (one in Melbourne on Sat, the other in Sydney the following day), he would like to meet me. I attended both and on each occasion we met, had private photos taken which he personalised for me and yes, I received the kiss and cuddle! Really, he is such a terrific bloke. The first anniversary of the fires (which killed over 200) was the next weekend and his kindness made what was a very difficult time bearable. So I owe him a great deal.
    Heather.

4. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Aww, that's a cool and heart-warming story. You certainly deserved it, having lost your home. Has it been rebuilt, yet?

5. scarsia

scarsia Cadet Newbie

hello everyone.. im scar sia.. im glad to be here.. hope to read bunch of ideas from you..

6. Shire55

Shire55 Ensign Newbie

Hi, Count Zero, no, we didn't rebuild in Kinglake, our home town of 30 years. We just couldn't face it. That terrible, terrible afternoon and night 42 people died in our town, many of them dear friends of ours. Some, young people we'd known since birth. We now live in another town, about 32 kms away. On a happier note, let me tell you more about what Patrick did for me. On the Sunday, after I'd met him the second time and yes, I received the fabulous kiss and cuddle, he asked me to write down my name and address. I wondered why, but then again he could've asked me to hack off my left foot with a nail file and I would've happily complied! LOL Anyway, about 3 weeks after the cons, a very big postal tube arrived and I immediately recognised Patrick's handwriting. Yes, he'd addressed it himself. Inside were 9, never-before released, full colour posters of Patrick, all signed! Needless to say, I was delighted! But...about 2 weeks after that, I recieved a notification from the post office that there was a big parcel for me, too big to deliver. So off I went and yes, again there was his handwriting on this enormous box. It was so big I had to get my husband to help me get it into the house! Inside was an absolute treasure trove of the most astonishing personal items from Patrick, ALL signed. He knew that along with everything else we'd lost, all my extensive memorabillia (TNG and Patrick), collected over many, many years had been destroyed so that dear, dear man had sent me these fabulous things as a way of helping me begin again. The thing is, this stuff was so good! Of course he knew I'd never sell it, not one item will EVER appear on ebay, and some of the things are so personal and important I'm not going to disclose what they are simply because they mean too much to me and I think it's kind of between him and me, but when I said I owed him a great deal, that's kinds of a HUGE understatement! Sometimes, when the nightmares come, or the PTSD gets bad, I read the lovely letter he wrote that came with the box of treasure and it picks me up. What can I say? When it comes to Sir Patrick Stewart, I'm a done deal, but honestly, can you blame me? He is a decent, kind and caring man and I wish him every happiness. I wote to him to thank him and I did try not to gush, but how can one adequately express such gratitude? Sometimes words just aren't enough.
    Heather.

7. Count Zero

Wow, that's great. He really is a classy guy.

8. kirsten187

Hi scarsia and Shire55 - welcome to trekbbs :)

9. scarsia

scarsia Cadet Newbie

gee thanks..:bolian:

10. Shire55

Shire55 Ensign Newbie

Thank you, I'm happy to be here.

11. JayOwl

JayOwl Vice Admiral Admiral

^Welcome to the BBS Shire55!!

Also, I noticed you registered on "BronyKingdom". Feel free to post around. ;)

12. adamconway

adamconway Ensign Red Shirt

Hi there.

This is a nice thread to have. Nice forum too.

;-)

13. JayOwl

JayOwl Vice Admiral Admiral

Welcome to the nice place adamconway! :p

14. kirsten187

Welcome aboard :)

15. Bones_McCoy21

Bones_McCoy21 Commander Red Shirt

I'm a total TOS fan. My ABSOLUTE favorite charactor of all time is Leonard H. Bones McCoy. The best doctor ever. When I finally get a cat no matter what I'm going to to name him/her Kirk, Spock, or McCoy

16. Andromedakay

Andromedakay Cadet Newbie

just re-joined, was a member a long time ago, but could not recall my old name and password lol so now have a new name. glad I found the forum again

17. Count Zero

Welcome back!

18. kirsten187

You look like a possible McCoy fan to me.......:techman:

19. boco

boco Commodore Commodore

I already have a cat. Spock :D
    Next per will be called BaK :)

20. Cmdr Tomalak

Cmdr Tomalak Ensign Newbie

Hiya! Just joined.

Take a guess who my favourite character of all time is ;). I also love Donatra of Nemesis fame...seriously the only good thing about that movie, in my book.