New Czech cover for Kobayashi Maru

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by 8of5, Jan 26, 2013.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It is. I didn't even notice that until you pointed that out.

2. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

Which month did GTTS's image originally come from? I think it was somewhere in 2006?

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think that's because the black shirt that is worn under the Starfleet uniform is buttoned/zipped all the way up for Erika. Most other characters let it out a bit, so you can see more neck. That's why Erika's head looks strange.

4. Man of Steel

Man of Steel Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If only we here in The States got such nice covers. Why do they only release the nicer ones in Foreign Land?

5. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

It's a matter of taste. I see the German covers that some US fans rave about and I've even bought a few (ie. Shar and Janos), but, to me, they often look quite odd, perhaps harsh, and not-authentic. Not "better", just different.

As for this Czech cover, sure it's interesting, but there's nothing at all "wrong" with the US cover.

People also use to bitterly complain about the "floating heads" covers of the 80s, which I always quite liked. Boris Vallejo made way for Keith Birdsong. Then, at one point we had quite a rash of starship covers, which often leave me cold, but I know the tech types love them!

And there's nothing stopping you from buying foreign language covers for your collection.

6. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

That's news to me. I thought it was used on purpose.
    Imho, I like the use of SOTL images as covers. They are eye candy, so why not treat the fans with it more than once? Add some characters and its perfect.

7. Fer

Fer Commander Red Shirt

I would have liked the Enterprise approaching the Kobayashi Maru. Satisfies both, and adds a bit of action.

8. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

And yet some people say they hate "floating heads" and want starship battles.

9. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

See, it depends really. When the new DS9 novel comes out later this year, I really hope to see the new station on the cover. But when, for example, Una's new novel is out, I really want to see Picard and Garak together. But as a new artpiece, not some highschool-level photoshop like what we've been seeing so much of lately.

10. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

You'll get both, one as US release and the other by CrossCult, the German publisher. :devil: