This seals it. It's fully official.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Trekker4747, May 15, 2009.

1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I thought I've seen and heard of kids doing some dumb things, I'm sure as a kid I DID some dumb things.

But this is it.

It's official. Kids these days are officially the stupidest bunch ever.

Smoking candy.

Yes, candy.

Kids take candy-like Smarties- grind it into a fine powder, inhale the the powder through their nose and then blow out the podwer through their mouth -it comes out in a smoke-like fashion.

Kids:

YOU'RE FUCKING RETARDED!

Doctors are concerned over this practice as the candy could end up in the lungs and cause an infection.

2. Nobody

Nobody Commodore Commodore

Kids have been doing this for a while, trust me, it was not just recently invented.

And yes, you did do dumb things as a kid and just as dumb as today's kids. It's okay, each older generation has to go through the phase of bitching out the younger one. It's an adult rite of passage. Don't worry, the world will be fine.

-nobody

3. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

Good. We need to let Darwinism take its course and allow it to finish.

4. Trekker4747

However, to my credit, I never did something as stupid as inhaling powdered candy. :rolleyes:

5. RevDMV

RevDMV Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Seriously, we used lawn darts as pretend mortors playing war....:eek:

6. Nobody

And to their credit, not all kids are smoking candy. Just a few of them. No need to group all kids in with the candy smokers. Like it wouldn't be fair to group you in with the kids that did crazy shit when you were growing up.

Now there's a kid who knew how to play! :techman:

We never had lawn darts, but we did fine with our blowguns. :)

-nobody

7. Geckothan

Geckothan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Just let them destroy their lungs and die, the less stupid people in the world the better.

8. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

Well here's something else I just read about that happened in my home town. It's a stupid kid thing but it's also sad.

A teenage girl tried to do a "ghost ride" in front of a middle school. This is apparently the new popular thing where you go really slowly in your car and put it in neutral, then get out and jump on the hood and start dancing...seriously.

Well as you can probably imagine she got run over by her own car when she couldn't get on to the hood in time. A big SUV. She broke her pelvis and is in the hospital.

9. Trekker4747

I find nothing sad about that. It's all stupid.

Stupidest thing I did as a kid? Probably sitting on a skateboard, holding on to the rear of a mini-motorbike while my friend drove me around on it.

I didn't car-surf on unmannded cars, "smoke" candy -or anything for that matter-, or try and imitate Jack-Ass stunts. (Granted, we didn't have Jack-Ass back then, but I'm sure there was something similiar.

10. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I blame the parents

11. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

Yeah, had they gotten her a Mini, she would have been able to walk away from something like that.

12. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

My friends and I used to rubber-band pieces of slate to sticks and pretend they were axes.

For some reason we thought we were reenacting the Battle of Lexington with these.

13. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

I think the term is ghost ride da whip

And it has already been parodied:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhNZkDlQvLk

Even the soldiers are in on it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6tdUHi5o30

:guffaw:

14. jamestyler

jamestyler Commodore Commodore

When my mate (Ensign) Ricky gets drunk I make him do stupid things.

I have now been inspired to take a pack of smarties to tomorrows barbecue.

15. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

I used to snort pixie stix dust back in the 70s and for "cigarettes" I rolled up notebook paper with crushed leaves off a tree and lit it up, thinking I was "smoking cool". All it did was burn my fingers as the fire rapidly burned the paper and dried leaves.

16. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

You know, people often say "oh everyone did stupid stuff like that as a teenager/kid," but I feel like no, I really didn't. I think I was too much of a nervous and paranoid child to try anything crazy. Or maybe I just had really good common sense early on. Either way, I really can't remember doing anything stupidly dangerous.

17. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

Well, of course we all did stupid things as kids. I poured candle wax down the sink. But the thing is, we should worry, especially when it's something that could kill a kid, because we're supoosed to learn from our mistakes, and when you learn you pass that knowledge along so others don't do stupid things. First caveman to get burned by fire probably made sure to teach others not to do get burned. Do we step aside and say, "Eh, kids do stupid things liek burn themelves with fire -- let's not worry about it".

18. Trekker4747

And there's a difference between "kids do stupid things" like do dangerous stunts and inhale powdered candy!

19. Nobody

I'm not disputing that kids shouldn't be smoking candy, but I'm disputing Trekker's millionth proclamation that this generation is the worst ever. My point is that kids do stupid things, kids have always done stupid things. No need to harp on them for being the dumbest kids ever when something dumb happens.

-nobody

20. hellsgate

hellsgate Commodore

I'm with Johnny Picard on this one. *laughing my ass off so hard I've got tears running down my face.* There's always going to be the single retard that needs to experiment, "things that makes you go 'hmmmm'," as C & C Music Factory used to say in one of its songs. The kid that decided to see if hanging yourself is really dangerous and hung himself after watching Saddam's execution. "Bust A Sag" punks, kids that break shit or kill themselves re-enacting shit they saw on Power Rangers or Wrestlemania the afternoon before, and more.

Related Links: