Recasting Voyager with actors from today

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by jbuschell415, May 10, 2013.

1. jbuschell415

jbuschell415 Ensign Newbie

Hello all, I'm new to this forum, I'm not sure if this has been done on here before but I thought it would be fun to do a dream team recasting of Voyager characters with some notable actors of today.

Captain Janeway - Annette Bening - I think she would make a great Janeway, great actress with a great tone in her voice and could play an authority figure very well.

second choice - I know this would be a little off the wall but Jane Lynch would be my second choice, I know she is a comedienne but she just commands attention with the way she talks.

Chakotay - Adam Beach, here's a novel idea, how about hiring a real native american to play a native american character, Adam Beach is a solid actor from movies such as Flags of our Father and Windtalkers, I'm sure he could resonate with the Chakotay character.

Tom Paris - Ryan Reynolds - Paris is sly and smug, 2 characteristics Reynolds pulls off very well.

B'ellana Torres - Natalie Portman, Natty has a half klingon yes please plus she has the acting chops for sure.

Harry Kim - Daniel Dae Kim, Lost and Hawaii 5-0 veteran Daniel Dae Kim would be the perfect Harry Kim, he might be a little to old for the part but he's 10 times the actor Wang was and Harry Kim would probably have been a lot better.

Seven of Nine - Scarlett Johansson, throw Scarlett in Seven of Nine's body suits and watch ratings blow up.

Tuvok - Don Cheadle - great actor

Neelix - Zach Galifianakis, maybe Neelix would of been the breakout character then.

Kes - meh I dunno

The Doctor - I would say the Doctor should stay as Picardo due to his brilliance but due to his age now it would be difficult, I would cast Jim Parsons from the Big Bang Theory, would make a perfect new doctor.

well tell me what you guys think

2. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe I'm just no fun, but I never saw the point of these speculations. Any reboots or new Trek series would have a bunch of B actors we'd never heard of. Certainly no television series could afford that star studded cast you threw out there. :p

Though I do have one bone to pick... Portman as Torres? I could see her pulling off the look definitely... just not the angry Klingon acting.

3. jbuschell415

It's all just hypothetical obviously these A - Listers wouldn't be doing trek, it's just something fun to think about :P

4. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Kathryn Janeway - Dina Meyer
    I think she would make a great Captain, would love to see her lead the next series (if/when we get one)

Chakotay - Adam Beach
    I'm not up on my Native American actors, but I did google him and he looks right for the part

Tuvok - DB Woodside
    He'd make Tuvok just too cool for school

Tom Paris - Jesse Spencer
    Hot, young and blonde

B'Elanna Torres - America Ferrera
    I'd love to see her as a fiesty and sassy character with a lot of fire in her belly

Harry Kim - Harry Shum Jr
    At least if he breaks into a dnace he'd still be more useful than the original

EMH - David Tennant
    He just has to be The Doctor

Neelix - Geoff Stults
    A hotter, buffer and much darker character

Kes - Summer Glau
    I love Summer, so she find her way into pretty much every bit of casting I do

5. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Those are all pretty expensive A Listers. Doesn't mean they would really fit the parts, or have the right chemistry together. Benning as Janeway and Beach as Chakotay I can see.

6. jbuschell415

Well I'm at least glad you liked my Janeway and Chakoty selections, yeah obviously it would be to expensive to get all those guys, I do like Bry's pick of Summer Glau as Kes, she probably wouldnt have kicked off the show :P

7. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Benning's only four years younger than Mulgrew, who was 40 when Voyager started. :confused:

8. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Daniel Dae Kim was already on Enterprise.. and wasted I might add.

9. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    I cannot ever imagine Doctor Who uttering, "Please state the nature of the medical emergency."

OTOH, Seven might have given him more than "I love you as my teacher and friend, but not in any romantic way."

Wasn't he also in a Voyager episode (one of the astronauts from the planet that existed in a different time frame)?

10. teacake

Oh yeah he was!!

11. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

No! :thumbdown:

Just the thought of other actors then the original ones makes me wanna throw up.

It would never be the same as it was, just a lousy copy. In fact, I hate remakes.

I'd rather go for an animated Voyager series instead.

12. Ryva Brall

Ryva Brall Commander Red Shirt

I'm with R. Star and Lynx on this one. I like the Voyager cast the way it is. I would have liked to have seen better acting from Robert Beltran and Garrett Wang at times, but still, I've come to identify all the actors on the show with their respective characters. Seeing anyone else play them would just be weird.

With one exception: I would love to see Stanley Tucci as Neelix. :D

13. Third Nacelle

Third Nacelle Captain Captain

I feel really old now. I thought Voyager was already cast with actors from today. I still think of Voyager as "the new one."

Voyager had its deal of problems, but I don't think the cast was one of them. If I had to recast one it would be Chakotay - Edward James Olmos.

14. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Since the actors cast inhabit the roles of the characters they play, I can't really imagine anyone else as Janeway, Tuvok, etc, I just like "What If" scenarios :bolian:

15. Infern0

Infern0 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think Picardo could still play the Doctor, a bit of just for men and he'd look almost exactly the same

16. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If you're gonna do it, you just have to cast Lewis Black as Neelix. :lol:

[​IMG]

17. jbuschell415

its all just hypothetical obviously if you dont like the idea then you dont

18. teacake

OMG let's all write letters!!!!

19. TheSubCommander

TheSubCommander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I wouldn't like to see a Voyager recasting\remake. I like Voyager, as it is, warts and all.

20. Ryva Brall

Ryva Brall Commander Red Shirt

Now that I'd watch.