Confession: Why I am now 7/R

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by teacake, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

According to his press Tom spent a number of rears doing drugs, but after rehabilitation and accepting in his failures as a person would like to be forgiven and invited back to the human race, and be paid millions of dollars to do so.

Classic PR manipulation.

I was hooked on crack is so much more classier than I bought a World of Warcraft account and suddenly it was 6 years later.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

My memory (which may be faulty) was that the Romulans despised the Remans and the mine served as a way of subjugating them just as Rura Penthe served as a prison when there were probably more efficient ways to mine dilithium.

3. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

No bias, yes, nobody still thinks there's any moral reason not to put your organs where you want, but I'm pretty sure our hormones will still have an opinion.

Janeway's brain says "I am very fond of Seven and there is no reason not to have a sexual relationship."
    Janeway's chemistry says "Yeaahhh...no."

Then again I suppose she could go to the Doctor and get various endocrine therapies to change her chemistry's mind.

But if Voyager never got home, Tuvok/Seven is the perfect option. Neither will impose any role expectations on the other, save for once every seven years.

4. teacake

Why do you think 7 will be happy with once only 7 years? Is it the beautiful symmetry of the 7?

5. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I mean, Tuvok will have role expectations from Seven once every 7 years.

6. teacake

But what about her needs? DOES NO ONE CARE??

7. Guy Gardener

She is only abused, persecuted and minimized by lovers she chooses not to delete.

Narrow parameters of acceptable resistance.

8. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Chuckles cares.

9. teacake

But he can't have her, she's with the Vulcan in this scenario. He gets to trail along behind her pathetically except for every 7 years when he has to lie down in a darkened room and wait for it to be over.

10. Melakon

That doesn't mean His People don't engage in extramarital affairs.

11. teacake

His People are a patient people Melakon. He can remain steadfast, if a little backed up, until the Vulcan dies.

Oh wait..

12. Guy Gardener

Some schools of thought say that Vulcans can frakk out of season.

Homosexuality for instance.

If Pon far is about breeding, Homosexuality makes no sense.

Of course Vulcan could be so gay, it's population could have been significantly more gay than straight, that Ponn far could have been needed to "trick" the homosexuals into breeding?

Does pon far end on orgasm or conception?

It certainly ends on the killthrill of murdering someone which is analogous to an orgasm, but what if the kill isn't "satisfying" enough to end Pon far? Do they gotta kill again? What about the guy that needs to kill 15 other dudes to get over his pon far? That insinuates that there has to be some sort of quality control that only an excellence of murder will quench the blood fever... Does excessive quantity = minimum standards of quality?

Not all orgasms are created equally and some of these pointy eared frakks could be so fucked up inside that they could never achieve the level of release to cap off ponfar from whacking just one person... And besides if it was just a question of orgasming, then masturbation would "get'er done" and is that what is really meant by "meditation" and some idiots like Tuvok couldn't break the Victorian code for masturbation and the Tactical Officer there thought that they actually meant meditation when they said meditation, because "meditation (wink)" translates so poorly from the Kir'Shira?

But if Pon far finishes when you telepathicaly feel conception and a new life begin, or if you hear the thoughts in a once vital mind blink out and vanish, that sorta makes homosexuality unusable during the time of pon far. Then death, murder someone or go against your sexual orientation briefly doesn't seem like a rough set of choices?

OH!

The Homos have to murder people!

Think about this.

Breeders keep on breeding, and homosexuals keep thunderdoming, halving their representation in the population every seven years... It's a fricking conspiracy!

It's almost like Surak designed this procedure to wheedle out gays form the fabric of Vulcan Society.

Surak was obviously irrationally militantly homophobic!

Maybe that's why the Romulans left?

They were afraid that they were too gay to survive on Vulcan so they buggered off to outer space.

13. Melakon

This also explains why Mirror Universe Cochrane killed the first Vulcan off the ship. It's like the descendants of the Westboro Baptist Church take over the earth by 2063.

14. Guy Gardener

(I've repeated this often, so I apologise if I've said this to you before recently)

In a TNG Novel by Diane Duane, regular Picard is reading a mirror Universe binding of the Merchant of Venice and at the end after the impassioned speech about how "you can take a pound of flesh but not a drop of blood" the judge sitting on this case called Bullshit and cut a pound of meat out of Antonio's backside and passed it onto Shylock as prompt and apt repayment for the outstanding loan in arrears.

The MU is morally skew on a molecular level since the beginning.

15. teacake

This is a beautiful idea.

16. spot_loves_data

spot_loves_data Captain Captain

I don't know, but Vorik seemed pretty satisfied just having B'Elanna beat the crap out of him. That's sort of like the Pon Farr equivalent of a lazy handjob.

:bolian: It's all starting to make sense now.

17. Guy Gardener

The blokes are supposed to fight competing suitors to flick the killthrill switch. There's little to nothing sexual about about the lads bare chested, greased up, just hammering at each other... Meanwhile a masochist can be brought to orgasm if a desired gender beats the tar out of them, which means that it might have still been his sex switch that was toggled for Vorrik after all, which is why no one had to die.

18. spot_loves_data

No argument there. I mean, who'd assume there's a sexual element in hot young guys with fetish accoutrements rolling around on the ground together, grappling, panting...

I think I can see Vorrik as a masochist. Who knows what else is going on underneath all that repression.

19. Guy Gardener

His twin brother is doing so much better than he is, which is unsettling and tends to focus a grudge from their judgemental parents to Thunderdome the two boys.

Separated from his prick family has left Vorrik rudderless.

UM?

Vulcans are bethrothed at a very young age.

Were Vorrik and Taurrik betrothed to another set of twins or where they expected to fight it out for the same girl?

I assume that there's a massive dowry that changes hands, which is organized firstly before the children are born, that is complicated by twinning and triplication.

Who hands over the money, even though there's no money? Is it by gender or social position in the hierarchy? Even though hierarchy is illegal in the Federation?

20. spot_loves_data

Maybe it's a "two for the price of one" deal and the girl gets to keep them both.