Star Trek: Axanar

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Linnear, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

As to size comparison I found this but I don't know how accurate it is.

http://excalibur2008.deviantart.com/art/Axanar-Ship-Chart-from-The-Light-Works-465842449

2. aalenfae

aalenfae Commander Red Shirt

I think Tobias Richter himself made that chart.
    At that scale, the guy on the hull would be like 10-12 feet tall, though.

I guess they just haven't totally figured out the scale of the ship yet. By the comparison chart, the Ares class has 10-11 decks.
    By comparing it with the man on the hull and the size of the bridge "bump", it's 6-8 decks, depending on where you draw the lines.

3. yenny

yenny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It'a a illusion effect. He's actually floating and and is closer then you think. Picture him standing on the hall by one of the portholes on this side of the grill.

4. OpenMaw

OpenMaw Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If you watch the actual documentary, they do a flyby and he is shown very clearly standing on the hull right in front of the inspection pod there. :)

5. tobiasrichter

tobiasrichter Lieutenant Red Shirt

That ship chart is from me, indeed - the sizes of the ships are final (for now), but it was a long process to get there... The Ares has 9-10 decks - we will flesh those details out at a later date, Sean is probably at it already. Keep in mind that each deck is not only around 2-2.5 meters high, but also has a certain amount of wall thickness. Also, the guy in the spacesuit appears larger because of the spacesuit. So all in all, the size of him should be roughly ok.

6. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Yeah, I figured he'd basically be Master Chief sized.

7. skree

skree Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

@ tobiasrichter - So would that would put the Ares has having a crew complement at approximately 150 to 200 ?

8. tobiasrichter

We havenĀ“t really determined that yet to my knowledge. I think the plan is to have a booklet or book with all the ships, backgrounds, plans and so on in the next Kickstarter. So we will have to define that in the coming months. But your assumption should be in the right ballpark.

9. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Points well taken, Tobias.

10. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I was hopping around YouTube earlier this afternoon and happened to click "Prelude to Axanar," and after doing so, I was served with a pre-roll video ad. It was one of the ads where you have to wait three seconds before you can press the button to skip it.

I thought that was weird, so I hit refresh a few times to see if it was just a bug in YouTube.

Nope.

(In spoiler tags to prevent the page from stretching.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I was under the impression that fan films couldn't generate money though advertising like this? Has that changed? Did somebody at Axanar accidentally enable the wrong settings on this video? Is a third party somehow monetizing it?

11. DCR

DCR Commander Red Shirt

I just tried it myself, and no pre-roll ad. Just straight into the start of Prelude.

12. Red Omega

Red Omega Lieutenant

And according to the Axanar team, any ads being run are not by them. They are smart enough to actually follow the rules.

13. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

If they haven't already they need to check to make sure their YouTube channel is not set up for monetization (https://www.youtube.com/account_monetization), and if it is, go to the videos in the Video Manager and make certainty the Monetize with Ads feature is not clicked on.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  14. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Whatever was going on, I'm not seeing ads anymore.

15. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

On Facebook it has been suggested that there were 12 Ares-class ships built by the time of the Battle of Axanar. I think one of the large donor perks involved naming some of them, though it could have been naming any ship in Starfleet that would appear on screen.

It is unknown if any survive the war.

16. tobiasrichter

There will be only one Ares on the screen. The names will go to the other Starfleet ships.

17. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

So, has anyone who donated to the Kickstarter campaign gotten their Backerkit email yet?

Re:
    I know there are still a few days left in the month but I was curious if anyone's seen anything yet.

18. Red Omega

Red Omega Lieutenant

No, they haven't sent it out yet. If you pay attention to either their Facebook group or read the updates they send out, they will tell you everything.

And here is their latest podcast: http://www.trek.fm/axp/8

19. BigJake

BigJake Vice Admiral Admiral

Listening to the podcast now, the pre-production chat is really fascinating.

20. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nope - been patiently waiting for their 'backerkit' e-mail mysellf; and haven't seen it yet in either my inbox, junk mail, or spam folder. (Hate to say this but nice to know I'm not alone. ;):rofl:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.