Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheGodBen, Oct 23, 2010.

1. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Hmm... I might just have to build the Yamato.

2. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Building the Titanic in Minecraft would be impressive, but do you know what would be more impressive? Building the Titanic in Minecraft in Minecraft.

[yt]v=gdnO1QZJ--M[/yt]

3. Lorthos

Lorthos Lieutenant Red Shirt

I recognized the pics and I thought it was x lol I've seen all of his mine craft videos.

4. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, we will, Lindley. It's on my mind, after we get the thing built. You can count on it.

5. 137th Gebirg

Started work on the Yamato last night. Based on what I've found, one block is approximately 1 meter, cubed. Yamato is 256 meters long (at the waterline, a bit longer from the top of the bow to the stern) and 39 meters wide. I've actually had to spend most of my time carving out a harbor big enough to support this thing and I actually have a lot of infrastructure to go before I start laying the keel. I'm shocked at how big that beast was and even more shocked at how they got it to float! I'll post pictures when I start making some real progress.

6. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Yes, the Minecraft world is meant to be made up of 1x1x1 meter blocks. :) Makes it easy to do things with realistic dimensions. I made a replica of Stonehenge that's more or less faithful to its actual size, although I made it square rather than round (and called it Cubehenge.) :lol: It was handy to have a map of its actual dimensions.

7. Owain Taggart

Hah yeah, that's the kind of trouble I've had when trying to find a good spot for the Titanic. I wanted a good big body of water to house it in and I found it using the generated map combined with the minimap. Btw, don't know if you've been using it, but we have a tape measurer on the server that makes things like this much easier. If you already have a string, just type mt help, or if you don't, type mt tape.

Btw Robert, I found a cave that was explored near the Titanic. It more or less goes straight down. That wasn't your doing, was it?

8. Robert Maxwell

Nope, I haven't done anything in that area. Dunno who did!

9. 137th Gebirg

Hey all - been trying to get into Minecraft today and the first time I try, it comes back with a red error (Can't connect to minecraft.net). Second try seems to make it, but then the screen gets jumbled and the whole system crashes. I've been running 1.7.3 for a while now and this is the first I've experienced this today. Any ideas?

10. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

it normally takes me two attempts to log in the first one says it cant connect but the second one normally manages it.
    as to why i've no idea

11. Itisnotlogical

Itisnotlogical Commodore Commodore

Damn, 1.8 is going to be out soon. I'm pretty excited; the Endermen (and observation thereof) might actually drag me back to single-player survival mode if Robert removes them from the server!

12. Robert Maxwell

I won't remove them right away. In fact, that won't even be possible until some plugins are upgraded. So, it should be an interesting time.

13. Owain Taggart

Yeah, afterall, I think it's better to observe how they work before we remove them. But curse them if they start dismantling the Titanic!

14. Owain Taggart

Edit: Wow, not sure how the double post happened as I only clicked once.

15. Itisnotlogical

What do you want to bet there's going to be some way to exploit them so that they mine for you? Because when pistons came out, I just knew there was going to be a duplication glitch, and sure enough one showed up...

16. Robert Maxwell

Yeah, but that was a bug which was soon fixed. I'm not sure what you can do with Endermen, but they sound like griefer mobs...

17. Owain Taggart

Yeah, I see the Endermen, the same way I see the creepers, meaning that they're destructive.

18. Itisnotlogical

And apparently they can teleport to follow and kill you just for looking at them. I wonder if there might be some kind of Endermen-only resource, kind of like how gunpowder can only be obtained from Creepers and Ghasts.

19. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They're also very rare. So the chance that a bunch are going to come and disassemble your house are practically nill.

20. Peak

Peak Fleet Captain Fleet Captain