Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by captcalhoun, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well y'know with the loss of Vanko - they could always have Mark Scarlotti - the original Whiplash/Backlash show up sometime using a similar gimmick.

2. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

From one of the films graphics designers. Iron Patriot with War Machine's colors.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=68840

[​IMG]

So basically new War Machine armor(Not the IM2 armor) painted with patriotic colors.

3. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I knew it! I can't wait until Tony makes his first joke about the new patriotic suit!:D

4. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Some Captain America related comment.

5. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Uh oh, the chest light is a piece of technology shaped like a rectangle with rounded corners. Has Apple ever sued Stark?

Mark

6. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

7. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

8. Samurai8472

9. JarodRussell

Never understood that "like us on Facebook" thing. What's the benefit for them?

10. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Everyone wants to be popular.

11. Samurai8472

Teaser to the teaser trailer unlocked

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=askHCPHNRsM[/YT]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  12. JarodRussell

There's no facepalm pic in the world that can convey the feelings I have towards that teaser for a teaser *tuzzifruzzi*.

13. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think Gwyneth Paltrow has the appropriate facial expression in that video.

14. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I need this movie now. I can't wait for the trailer on Tuesday.

15. USS Mariner

USS Mariner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Good god, that gold metal looks like shit.

Who was the asshole in the art dept. who thought that beige and gold were interchangeable?

I know the comics use this color scheme, and it still looks like shit there too.

Did Loeb have something to do with this?

And no, it's not closer to what gold titanium looks like in RL. TiAu (which is actually a very common alloy) has a variety of shades, which includes the one's used in the previous movies. This shade just doesn't work.

Oh, and War Machine/Iron Patriot looks fine now. I mean, it's kinda dumb, but if it's a PR stunt from the WH (who, going by IM2 rules, are probably FUCKING IDIOTS), it's not too bad actually.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That was enough to get me really looking forward to the full trailer on Tuesday.

17. USS Mariner

Agreed, armor not included. I'm guessing that the guy with the ponytail/mohawk (which is a nice touch for a guy who might have Sino-Russo heritage) is the Mandarin.

18. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I hope we get to see a drunk Tony in the armor flying into buildings while drunk.

19. USS Mariner

Agreed.

If there's one thing that never gets through in these films it's that Tony's supposed to be an alcoholic. IM2 toyed with going for a Demon in the Bottle route, but the only thing close to intoxication there was the "digital neck tattoo".

The drinking scene/Ro-Bro-Brawl didn't indicate anything more than "Well, I'm going to die anyway, MIGHT AS WELL GET SHITFACED!" Plus, the effect of the palladium didn't really intoxicate Stark at all, which makes the entire plot thread meaningless other than running down the clock and providing the barest of excuses for Rhodey to get the Mark 2.

Speaking of which, what's the rationale for Tony to have half a dozen extra arc reactors just sitting in his suits all the time? I know that he wanted Rhodes to have the Mk.2, but in IM2 and the Avengers the suits are just sitting with reactors in them. For a guy who walks around with a reactor getting snuggly with his heart 24/7, why does he have a bunch of extras chilling in the suits?

EDIT: Unless the effects work isn't done, it looks like someone on the IM3 staff finally noticed this, because in the shot of the Mark VIII in the Armoire, the chests are turned off!

20. Samurai8472

It will probably be CGI'd in

[​IMG]

Notice that the Mark IV glass case has a hole it. The helmet has also been knocked off.

From the Comic Con trailer description. Last part being what we see in the pre-teaser.

http://collider.com/comic-con-iron-man-3-panel/178379/

So there's the "Extermis" angle.

Iron Man suit parts that can fly to Stark

[​IMG]

Probably no biological aspects. Just magnetics