Chris Pine Charged With Drink Driving

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by StarMan, Mar 12, 2014.

1. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

My family's home town, of all places. Priceless! Probably the most excitement Ash Vegas will have seen in a while. :lol:

2. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Assuming this is all true, all I can say is, don't drink and drive.

You don't have to do it, Mr. Pine, you've got no excuse. I hope you get all the help you need, and I'm looking forward to seeing you in the next Star Trek film. :techman:

3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

"They're taking your car away from you, and sending you back to the academy..."

4. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, he's not the first Star Trek captain to be busted for drunk driving. Avery Brooks was caught a few years ago.

5. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

cop - 'What is your name'

CP - 'my name is James Tiberus Kirk!'

*cut to Vulcan*

6. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

No respect for drunk drivers. Be rather glad that coincidence didn't strike and he ran over one of your family members in your family's hometown.

7. Levi

Levi Commander Red Shirt

Starfleet Academy, San Francisco, Earth/Sol
    Must be nice to be so rich you don't have to worry about breaking the law. Or, breaking the law in another country.
    "Hey Cris, what are you doing tomorrow?"
    "Oh, flying out to NZ for court. Probably grab lunch before coming back afterwards."

8. Khan 2.0

maybe he could hook up with Mel Gibson for some therapy and get him a part in ST3 (Captain Garth)

9. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Thing is he's probably got the money to have a car and driver waiting outside any bar or club he cares to visit, so he's got even less excuse that the average guy who has no excuse.

:)

10. Khan 2.0

Pine 33 now? that means when he starts filming ST3 next year he'll finally be the same age as shatner when he started filming TOS

11. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't know why he didn't have Scotty just beam him to his destination, or at least have Sulu fly him there via shuttle...

12. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I couldn't help picturing him driving with Sabotage cranked to 11.

13. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

Uh-oh... Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros know what happens to actors on JJ Abrams/Damon Lindelof productions who get DUIs. Expect Spock to accidentally phaser Kirk to death at the start of the next film.

14. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

The correct term is "drunk driving." "Drink driving" sounds like you're hauling a load of Jack Daniel's.

15. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

Perhaps, being New Zealand, the name of the offence is different.

16. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm really surprised this kind of story gets any attention. I do not condone driving drunk - at all - and I certainly have never done it, myself. But this is so minor an infraction, compared to all of the crazy shit celebs of his calibur are making the news for - and getting away with - all of the time.

17. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

It's a term commonly used in the US, though "driving under the influence" is probably more technically "correct".
    ... driving under intense influence (DUII), driving while intoxicated (DWI), "operating vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs" (OVI), operating under the influence (OUI) operating while intoxicated (OWI), operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (OMVI), driving under the combined influence of alcohol and/or other drugs, driving under the influence per se or drunk in charge [of a vehicle].

Nonetheless, that's just what it's called in NZ and many of the other former British colonies. Perhaps you ought to appear before each of their respective parliaments and get them sorted out for us, while this thread gets back to talking about the specific incident involving Mr. Pine? (Send us a memo when you get back, letting us know how it all went.)

No, it's really not minor. He was stopped before he'd gone very far and (as far as the news story reports) without other incident, but a minor offense it's not, and hasn't been for quite a number of years, even in most US states.

18. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

Is that the blue pub in the picture they show in the article?

Hey do the drink driving charges transfer over to the States?
    He'll only be suspended from driving in New Zealand won't he?

19. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree with 2takes, this one doesn't sound like that big a deal. The question is, how far over the limit was he? Maybe not by much. Reading between the lines of the story, it seems to me that he maybe just had a tipple or two at the wrap party, then got in his car and happened to be over the legal limit when the police pulled him up. The pub owner says that Pine did not appear intoxicated when he left, and was entirely polite, cognitive and reasonable throughout the affair. I suspect there might not exactly be 'Justin Beiber' style levels of deliberate assholery at play on this one. :)

(Mind you, my first thought when I read the thread title was of his father's character on CHIPS pulling him over on his motorbike: "You're DUI, son". :D ;) )

20. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

Wow, I did not know they were related, or, until a quick Wiki check on his filmography, that Robert Pine has also made guest appearances on both Voyager and Enterprise.