The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Haha that's awesome and true!

2. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

All of the "rumors" regarding The Dark Knight Rises have been little more than an Internet game of telephone. Someone on a forum comes up with an idea -- "Hey, maybe Talia will be in it" -- and it gets repeated enough by enough people that before you know it, they've convinced themselves that sources close to the production are hinting that Talia is in the movie.

About the only thing the Internet has gotten right thus far has been Tom Hardy playing Bane, but that was mostly because the Internet threw enough spaghetti noodles of character names at the wall that one of them had to stick.

Heck, there was a point when everyone was convinced that Hugo Strange was in the movie, based on nothing more than "hey, that could be cool."

3. Admiral_Young

^ Agreed. It's almost as if the studio has been playing some kind of disinformation game or whatever to get fans to discuss things.

4. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm sure it's more fans speculating than an outright "disinformation campaign" by the studio.

5. Admiral_Young

Except that we're commenting on rumors. Rumors started with websites who say that they're getting information from "studio insiders" and what not. This later turns out to be false in most of the cases. We still end up speculating and debating pretty much nothing really. Then the real actual news blows our mind because we've already been discussing something totally different. It's just frustrating as a fan to know what's real and what is bullshit.

6. JacksonArcher

Sometimes I wonder the validity of these proclaimed "studio insiders".

7. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

I will not rest until Gotham City has been "de-thorned" once and for all!

8. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Well, my best friend's dad's co-worker's brother is a janitor at Warner Bros. and he says that he saw some script pages while he was emptying the trash in Nolan's office and it's [​IMG]confirmed[​IMG] that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is playing Egghead. I bet he's working on his Vincent Price impression at this very moment.

9. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Taking lessons from SNL's Bill Hader perhaps?

10. JacksonArcher

The Dark Knight Rises will film in Pittsburgh. Director Christopher Nolan in a statement:

This is very disappointing, but I saw it coming. Chicago will miss you Christopher Nolan, and so will I. :(

11. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

They'll at least get coverage shots of Chicago to match the previous movies though, right?

12. JacksonArcher

Doesn't look like it. The article mentions the production will film in Pittsburgh for "four-six weeks". It looks like we're going to see an entirely new Gotham in The Dark Knight Rises.

13. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Pity if for no other reason than for consistency's sake.

Okay and because you never got Nolan's autograph. ;)

I noticed Marion Cotillard is listed as part of the new cast. Is it safe to assume it's official now? Of course, this will just add more fuel to the "who is he/she playing, damnit?" fire. ;)

14. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Special guest direction by M. Night?

15. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, it's not like Gotham had a consistent look between the first two movies anyway. In BB, it looked more like a fanciful, exotic location, with the CGI skyline and elevated trains and the bridges and decaying architecture of the Narrows and so on. It looked like a largely designed and constructed environment, an imaginary world created for a movie. But TDK looked like a much more down-to-earth, on-location kind of production, with a less fantastic, more naturalistic atmosphere.

16. JacksonArcher

Batman-News emailed the journalist behind the article and she said she got those names (Marion Cotillard and Joseph Gordon-Levitt) from The Hollywood Reporter and Variety.

However, Marion Cotillard just confirmed she's doing a project during the summer but didn't clarify which one, so it's still quite possible she's in the film along with Joseph Gordon-Levitt who seems confirmed.

17. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Pitsburgh eh? Will there be a villain called The Terrible Towel in this? Played none other then by Ben Rothlisberger.

18. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Selina Kyle is at a nightclub and rescues a woman from being raped by Ben Roethlisberger, and thus Catwoman is born. :lol:

Can we start our own rumors here? Taylor Lautner is the primary villain in Superman and he's gonna be playing Matter Eater Lad, but in the third act he and Superman join forces to fight the true villain of the movie -- Colin Firth's Toyman!!!!

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

And now I guess we wait and see how many sites that pops up on over the next couple weeks.:guffaw:

20. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

It needs to be a somewhat plausible rumor. Like Taylor Lautner being courted to play Jimmy Olsen.