College Football 2012

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by B.J., Aug 31, 2012.

1. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

USC toughs one out in Utah.

So tonight my family and I were driving to Orange County for a wedding (6 1/2 hours from home). BOTH the Rams and USC played tonight. I can't remember the last time I missed both a Rams and Trojans game in the same week. Maybe when I was in Australia? (1987).

Anyway, they both won, so maybe I should not watch more often....

:lol:

2. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

1 for 2 on my upset picks. One was horrrribly wrong. Texas Tech got dismantled.

3. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

I thought Texas and WVU would score pts... but MAN that was downright silly! And OSU - Nebraska?!?! 101 pts in a Big Ten game? :eek:

4. Starbreaker

ESPN is going to lose it tomorrow. They had this FSU/USC championship game ready to go 2 months ago.

5. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

#3, #4, and #5 all go down in one night. This'll make the polls all topsy-turvy!

6. Neroon

And Geno Smith may actually be the Heisman leader. Still a great deal of ball to be played. However... considering how much he throws and that he has yet to throw an interception......

7. Briquettes

Briquettes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't know much about Texas football, but is there a reason the Longhorns weren't throwing the ball more? Everyone in the country knows WVU has extreme difficulty defending the long pass, yet Texas runs the ball on what seemed like every 1st and 2nd down.

8. Brit

Brit Captain Captain

Probably because they haven't replaced Colt McCoy yet.

9. tighr

Did anyone remember to tell Texas they had a football game today?

10. Briquettes

Briquettes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:brickwall: *sigh* It was a good run while it lasted.

11. tighr

Alabama continues to roll!!!

A friend of mine is a big Notre Dame fan, and I told him if Bama and Notre Dame end up in the BCS NCG, we're going to Miami no matter what the tickets cost.

I'm going to visit family in South Bend next weekend, so we're going to the ND/BYU game. We've got great seats, should be an awesome game!

12. Lieut. Arex

Lieut. Arex Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'd love for bama and NotDameto met in the championship game we owe them for a 1974 sugar bowl loss and a1975 orange bowl defeat and a good humiliation for their playing for a tie against ,I hogan state in 1966 and for how the pollvoting went in2978 when theorirish jumped from number five to number one over the tide and no I don't hold grudges

13. tighr

I'm gonna have to remember that one, and make sure to bet appropriately in Vegas when the time comes.

14. Neroon

Oh I am sure the Irish will get some kind of help if they're anywhere close. Their game against Stanford as an example. :lol:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  15. Starbreaker

I'm always whining about ND being overrated, but I think they're legitimate contenders this year. But, if Alabama and Oregon go undefeated too, they're not getting into a championship game this year. I'm pretty sure Oklahoma is going to clean their clock, though.

16. tighr

If both ND and Oregon finish undefeated, then at least the voters will be able to compare both teams performances against Stanford and USC.

17. 1001001

^ Luckily, USC has both games at home. Still, I don't think they are playing at a level right now that would create a lot of confidence.

Speaking of USC, today marks the second game I will not be able to watch this season, because DirecTV and the Pac 12 Network can't agree on a contract.

This is seriously irritating!

:scream:

18. 1001001

I've been listening to the game on the radio. Having flashbacks to the 70's.

:lol:

Barkley has just been pulled, with the game at 40-6.

His line for the day?

19 of 20, 298 yards, 6 TD's, 0 INT's

Barkley became the Pac-12's All-Time touchdown leader in this game.

:techman:

19. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

I can't even be mad about Alabama's drubbing of my beloved Tennessee Volunteers.

1) Alabama is the #1 team and looks every bit of it. They're quite the well-oiled machine and could conceivably repeat as national champions. We'll see come January....

2) I had the Vols pegged for scoring only 10 points, so the 13 they managed technically counts as surpassing my expectations.

3) I can't feel anything but admiration and respect for Nick Saban. The man knows how to get it done.

20. Starbreaker

Florida's gonna put an even bigger hurting on Georgia next week now that they ripped South Carolina a new one. They're rolling into the SEC championship game with Alabama.