My secret shame, what is yours? (bad episodes you like)

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Ghost, May 26, 2015.

1. eyeresist

eyeresist Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There are plenty of things which I like which some others don't and vice versa. It's not a problem except when insults are exchanged.
    There is nothing I like that I would call "bad", though I will say that some episodes are improved by overlooking certain elements. I feel no guilt for liking the good bits.
    I think Dear Doctor is a decent episode - except for the ending. With all these fan films being made, someone should hire Billingsley and Bakula and film an alternate ending.

I don't see how the Borg debris doesn't make sense. I can imagine the Antarctic would still be relatively unexplored even in the future, and the cold would preserve biological material (at least according to sci-fi logic).
    My problem with Regeneration is that in the first act we are supposed to care about characters we've never met before. But after that, the episode is actually very well made. The stakes feel high, and it's interesting seeing the ENT characters encountering a threat that's unknown to them (but known to the viewers). I also like the way the Borg are transforming their ship as they go. It's a cool idea, and as far as I know hasn't been seen before.

2. Ghost

Ghost Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

After a century that debris and those corpses would be well buried under a layer of ice, and wouldn't so easily stick out.

3. eyeresist

Depends where they were. In terms of precipitation (including snow) the Antarctic is technically a desert. Due to low temperatures, high air pressure, and the land-locked nature of most of the continent, there is almost no moisture in the atmosphere from which snow or ice could be formed.

4. Ghost

Ghost Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Still I think you agree that it would not stick out as much as depicted in the episode.
    They probably would have to do some deep radar searching or something similar to find the debris sticking out.

Edit: but more likely the Enterprise crew would have cleaned up this stuff as they would know it could upset history (not to mention pose a threat to humanity)

5. eyeresist

FYI, in the commentary for the original DVD release of First Contact, they specifically said that the remains of the sphere on past Earth could be a starting point for a new story. Those Star Trek producers were always thinking ahead!
    (except for the times when they obviously weren't)

6. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not in this forum that much so I don't know what is considered a bad episode. I did find out like a month ago that Two Days, Two Nights wasn't particularly liked, but I always found that episode fun. Heck, I found Enterprise's entire first season to be pretty good.

7. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

I think ENT's only subpar season is its second. TOS notwithstanding, I'd go so far as to say that ENT has the strongest first season of all the Trek shows. The fact that it failed to hook the mainstream is an unfortunate one, and I can recognize plenty of reasons for it -- some tied to the show's quality, some tied to the franchise's perception by 2001-02. But I think it was a pretty passable year of television.