Young Justice, Green Lantern return January 5th

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

It also got really strong ratings.

2. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

3 million viewers strong.

3. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

So I take it Savage making off with the Warworld was a hook for the not coming season 3 seeing as they'll probably be dealing with the Reach's attempt to destroy Earth next episode.

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I think it's interesting that most of the YJ episode took place in a single cave. That's quite an unusual approach. Too bad they couldn't make the entire episode take place there.

The problem with episodes with this many characters in play, though, is that the show can only afford to pay so many actors per episode, so a bunch of the heroes and villains end up uncharacteristically silent.

Over on GL, I liked Hal's reaction to hearing that the new GL of Earth was John Stewart. "The fake news guy?" I wonder if this will get mentioned on The Daily Show.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow, great episodes for both shows. I wonder how much closure we will get for them next week. I loved getting to see the whole team in action on YJ.

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

That was a really great episode of Young Justice, this show definitely improved with age! I'm really disappointed there's only one episode left now.

7. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really enjoyed both episodes this week.

8. Mr. Adventure

I know we got another week but I'm going to miss my Sat morn fix. It was sort of like the old days of my youth waking up and watching Clone Wars, Green Lantern and Young Justice. I've really come to look forward to it these past weeks.

9. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Yeah, that may have been my favorite exchange from the entire run of GL.

10. Christopher

Given that WB Animation has done some gag sequences inserting Conan O'Brien into scenes from Young Justice, I hope they do a clip of The Daily Show's Jon Stewart as a Green Lantern.

11. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

I hope Green Lantern ends as gracefully. One episode to tie up "The Aya-Monitor" and that's it.

12. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm sad and pissed off that both these shows are ending this weekend. This just sucks.

13. Mr. Adventure

Unfortunately as timing would have it Jon Stewart starts another of his interminable (at least it feels that way sometimes, get a guest host!) holidays this week.

14. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Did you hear? Stewart is taking off 12 weeks this summer to direct a torture film. Jon Oliver is going to guest-host for 8 weeks, with 4 weeks of reruns.

15. Mr. Adventure

I heard about John Oliver, I didn't hear that there'd still be four weeks of reruns.

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

well they have periodic two week breaks, particularly in the summer, so this departure is taking advantage of those.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

With the ends of these and Clone Wars, my Saturdays just got a whole hell of a lot less fun, at least until Korra starts back up. I haven't watched it ages since the fifth or sixth episode, but I saw a commercial for new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle on Friday night, does that mean it's not on Saturdays anymore?

18. Christopher

New episodes are now debuting on Friday nights, but then rerunning in the show's regular Saturday 11 AM Eastern time slot.

19. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh...Green Lantern...how I will miss ye!

Razer...will get the fate that he deserves :)

Cartoon Network can now officially drop dead!
    Its so unfair that we now won't get a 3rd season of Young Justice!

That epilogue was so frustratingly good that I can barely stand it!

DC should at least make a Young Justice animated movie. They simply cannot leave those plot threads dangling like that.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  20. Mr. Adventure

Arrrgh, my DVR missed GL, I'll try to catch it tomorrow.

YJ finale was OK but I found it a bit anticlimactic. It certainly wasn't terrible but some of the notes that were struck felt more perfunctory than natural. That seems common of a lot of shows that deal with a protracted struggle. Should've known that kiss in Paris was too good to be true.

I dig that Vandal Savage character design, he looks like a cool dude. It would have been awesome to see some Apokolips and New Gods but alas...