Regeneration

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by CaptainMatt, Jan 23, 2012.

1. CaptainMatt

CaptainMatt Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

What would the ENT boards be without at least one single thread about the Borg's one-time appearance in Jonathan Archer's time as Captain of Enterprise?

How do the fans of this series rate the the episode and the Borg in it? It was quite unusual for them to bring the Borg in to a story like this one, that had nothing directly to do with their ongoing stiry arcs on TNG/VOY. So how you are it?

2. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

I think Regeneration was well done, even if it fell into the same trap that most Enterprise episodes did of introducing characters/races we are already familiar with from the 24th century without having had first contact with them yet (Acquisition comes to mind).

It was certainly a better Borg episode than most of the Voyager Borg episodes.

3. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

I liked it, and given that Starfleet probably would have classified everything it doesn't bother me that Picard doesn't know about them later.

4. butch101

butch101 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I liked the episode. actually, it felt pretty good to see the Borg being badass again after all these years wasted on Voyager... And the music was pretty effective to me. Didn't sound like the common star trek episodes.

Thumbs up!

Butch

5. Admiral Shran

Admiral Shran Admiral Admiral

I liked it. The Borg were effective again.

And as for it not being part of the ongoing Borg Arc, here's a little something from Memory Alpha's "Background Information" on the episode....

6. Alienesse

Alienesse Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I didn't have a problem with the Borg being in Enterprise. I did think that the crew of the NX-01 had a tad too little trouble overpowering them, but I guess that's just small potatoes.

As several people have already mentioned, "Regeneration" brought back that sinister quality that the Borg had when we first saw them in TNG. I thoroughly enjoyed the initial scene when the Borg bodies are found and the Arctic research team is trying to figure out what they are, completely ignorant of the danger they pose. That scene has a classic horror movie feel to it.

7. G2309

G2309 Captain Captain

I always assumed the Borg took all their tech when they left earth explaining some continuity errors.

8. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I loved it, it was straight out of "The Thing". Great music, very atmospheric. I loved how they handled them never being named and ending up an unknown mystery that was easily forgotten as there were no new encounters after that.

9. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

A very enjoyable episode. Lots and lots of fun. The continuity's broken, no matter how much you try to think your way around it (predestination paradox? Yeah, right) but that doesn't matter.

10. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Probably the fourth best Borg episode behind:

Q, Who?
    The Best of Both Worlds I
    Unity

11. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

I don't think the continuity is broken. What makes you say it is?

12. dtoliaferro

dtoliaferro Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I thought it was awesome. When I first saw it on TV I was like: "oh sh*t!"

13. F. King Daniel

Remember the bit in "Q Who", where Data brought up Archer's old log of cybernetic beings identical to the ones they were confronted with now? No?

Me neither. And remember, in the TNG era people play through Archer's old missions on the holodeck ("These Are the Voyages")

14. The_Baron

The_Baron Captain Captain

But as has been said, Starfleet likely classified all information on the incident.

15. Sandoval

Sandoval Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I do quite like that. :lol:

16. Sandoval

Sandoval Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

To achieve what?

Why classify that and not a dozen other encounters with powerful, hostile lifeforms?

Where is the advantage to Starfleet and a few years later the Federation of keeping it a secret?

17. The_Baron

The_Baron Captain Captain

I dunno...spoilers?

18. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

Because these aliens were strangely found buried in the Arctic on Earth? I'd probably classify that, too.

19. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

You think it's helpful to your fledgling space program to tell everyone about cybernetic zombies that can infect and turn humans into cybernetic zombies as well?

20. F. King Daniel

If anything, that would make them increase their defense budget, not make them bury their heads in the sand, delete all the files and hope the evil cyborgs never come back.

Besides, Data should also have told Picard about the Enterprise-B rescuing El-Aurian refugrees who were fleeing the Borg attack on their world (a heavily publicized event, resulting in Kirk's apparent demise) and also the Hansons going off to extensively study the Borg (an endevour sponsored by the Federation, who provided the ship and equipment, as well as a toy Borg Cube for little Annika to play with) 20 years ago.

It's all part of Future Guy's fiendish scheme. Honest.