(UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Jax, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Theo got better as he went but I have to admit I prefer the more direct play you would get from Lennon or Ashley Young. Theo is so natural when he shoots inside the 18 yard box, hes begging to be played as a striker (Owen Esq) especially if Rooney goes back to the deep free role.

As for Johnson, the quicker Richards improves, the better for ENGLAND. Hell I'd even consider Jagielka there when Terry/Rio return.

2. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

:rolleyes: If only English footballers put as much effort into there matches.

3. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

At least the prostitue wasn't underage as the one who served half the French national team. ;)

4. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I guess we know now which premier league footballer had the high court injunction against the papers now...oh dear lord unless there's another one!

5. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

There were 3 so...

* Rooney
    * Most likely Crouch since a previous story came out about him just before these injuctions.

God knows whose the 3rd is :rolleyes:. The only person who probably wouldn't is Defoe because his mum would kill him :lol:

Rooney blown any chance of ever being captain under Capello for 2012 Euro's

6. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

And sadly they won't be the last...

Edit: Actually I wonder if this might explain why Rooney was so shit at the World Cup? I wonder as well if this is why he played a blinder on Friday night as well?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  7. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

8. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Typical Billy Davies I'm afraid. On the plus side should/when he walk away from/be sacked by Forest it'll be a brave chairman who'd give him a go.

9. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

In a dream world we would sack Billy D and bring in Pearce or O Neill. However I'll settle for just getting rid of Billy instead. Hes made a shite start to the season once again :rolleyes: and this time there won't be any massive unbeaten run to get us up the table.

10. HappyDayRiot

Can Forest afford to sack him? What's the situation with his contract at the moment?

11. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Billy D has 2 n half years left I think of his current deal but fuck it give him till Jan and if were near relegation get rid of the idiot.

Speaking of money matters, a bit of digging and there are some Forest fans who are concered about our money...

in 2008 Forest had a debt of £43.8 million though a large sum of this was to the chariman himself who could choose to write some of it off not too mention he was still to sell his controlling share in Umbro.

Its hard to finds numbers for now but it does seem our debt has been lowered since returning to the Championship so it probably somewhere in the mid to low £30's. After spending fuck all so far we probably will continue to drop as long as we stay in the Championship.

There is a myth we are almost debt free because a fair chunk is owned to the chairman and not a bank but we will see what happens there.

12. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Frugality is the way to go now in the Championship I'm afraid...unless you're Cardiff obviousy :lol:

Derby seem reliant on loans and finding gems in the lower leagues/Europe at the moment, by all accounts we didn't even have the clout to compete for McCormack the other week. Fortunately Clough and co do seem very adept at spotting talent, but it would be nice to splash the odd million from time to time...

13. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Looks like Rooney plays tonight if we can keep him away from the hookers :rolleyes: and before the Bulgaria game I would of said we lose this but I'll stick my neck out and say a 2-2 draw. Most likely team...

Hart

Johnson Cahill Jagielka Cole

Walcott Gerrard Barry Milner

Rooney Defoe

tbh I would drop Walcott for Adam Johnson if he goes with the 4-4-1-1 again. I might even consider Upson over Cahill because experience might be key here.

14. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I'm gonna go for a scrappy win, 2-1 maybe...

15. HappyDayRiot

Couldn't afford McCormack? Bloody hell, we only sold him for about £700,000! Times are dire! ;)

16. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Tell me about it! It might have been a wages issue as well, not sure.

17. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Azerbaijan has an impressive, though somewhat depressing national anthem. I'm hoping for an attractive game.

18. Shaytan

Shaytan Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm ready to be completely ridiculous again. It can't kill me after all.

19. Eyes

Eyes Commodore Commodore

Well, already Russians, Turks, Portuguese and Bulgarians are going to feel pretty ridiculous.

Montenegro look as if they're a pretty good team, gulp. We just have to have the good 'crap' team in our group didn't we?

And England scores while I'm typing this. ROONEY! :D

20. Eyes

Eyes Commodore Commodore

Well, you'll be happy, Jax. After doing some rather good work, Walcott's injured, and Adam Johnson's run on. I'm only reading this from the commentary box, btw, and I guess I'd better shut up now.

A last word from me, Czechs down to Lithuania, to join the giant-killers tonight. May not stay that way. :shrug: