Favorite Unpopular Episode

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Kinokima, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Trimm

Trimm Captain Captain

The Alternative Factor. Mainly because those actors do their absolute best to elevate that material, and in a few places they almost get there.

2. LilyThompson

LilyThompson Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I love...

"Plato's Stepchildren", for themes of equality and justice,
    The one where Kirk, Spock, and McCoy all get captured on a Roman-era island, for themes of liberty
    "Omega Glory", because I'm just that American, and finally,
    "Mudd's Women", for themes of inner beauty and human rights. But my absolute favorite hated-on episode will always be:

"The Empath". So many GREAT character moments in that one; you really felt the love that the Big 3 all had for each other. It also explored the themes of compassion, selflessness, and what a person will do to save the who he/she loves.

3. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

I love the episode because it was grim from the eerie teaser right up to the final, brutal fight. Morgan Woodward's Tracey was a powerful villain in Starfleet clothing, and a great opposite to Kirk.

I've never understood the hate for this episode; all of your points are spot-on, and one of the few season three episodes to add to everything we know/feel about the big three's bond (along with "The Tholian Web")

4. Kinokima

Kinokima Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

^ Happy to see more support for the Empath. My favorite apsect of trek is the friendship between the main 3 so of course I am going to love the episode that highlights that so well.

5. BennieGamali

BennieGamali Commander Red Shirt

"Omega Glory" was the one I don't like. It might be because i'm not American so it comes of as a bit cheesy and "murica *uck yeaaahh". Maybe if he had quoted my country's national anthem or something I would feel the love :P I'm a bit of a patriot myself.

I didn't even know "The Empath" was disliked. This surprises me! But then again.. most of the dislike of TOS surprises me.

6. CrazyMatt

CrazyMatt Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've always considered "Wink of an Eye" to be a guilty pleasure.

7. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I must agree as well.

8. Praetor Baldric

Praetor Baldric Lieutenant Commander

I love this episode and you are right, many do not care much for it. I remember the scene where they find the two lab techs encased in glass...scared the heck out of me when I first saw it at the tender age of 7 or 8. It still gives me the willies now.