The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    ^
    Nice.

:lol:

As for me, I scored four more Star Wars figures earlier today: the new Black Series (3.75") Luke Skywalker from the Wampa cave sequence of Empire, the astromech droid R5-G19 from Jedi, another new Darth Vader from Episode III and a second copy of the Dagobah Training Luke Skywalker from an earlier wave assortment. Great figures, and now I've seen every figure from the brand-new Wave 6 assortment on TIE Fighter Pilot cardbacks except for the Darth Malgus repack.

2. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Happy Thanksgiving from the Shelf Avengers! They thought my centerpiece was a parade float. Sorry guys, you missed the Macy's Parade!

[​IMG]

3. cooleddie74

Festive! Hulk didn't want to join in on the fun? :)

4. Kira's Mom

He would have broken the float. :p

5. cooleddie74

Giant green radioactive mutants do have a habit of disrupting the pace and the flow of a major Holiday parade.

6. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

I have to get off my ass and post in this thread. I have A TON of stuff. I just find it a lot of work with the old, old phone I have to upload pictures. That, and I suppose I'm lazy, too. I love lurking in here, though.

7. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I got my Firestorm figure today and I love it!

Here he is with my Infinite Crisis Firestorm:
    [​IMG]

8. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Cool! Are there interchangeable Jason and Ronnie heads?

Batman: The Animated Series figure #2 is out. That ever present femme fatale Catwoman:
    [​IMG]

Of course, now it bothers me that my Batman is in New Adventures style, while Catwoman is in the original style. Oh well, I'm sure they'll get around to making both styles eventually.

9. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes, there's a Jason head, a Ronnie head, and a Fury head.

10. Nick086

Nick086 Captain Captain

Did anyone get the Boba Fett with white prototype armor or Agent Venom? Both action figures are Walgreens exclusive.

11. OdoWanKenobi

I was never able to find the proto Fett anywhere. After those first couple weeks where everyone was making a mad dash to Walgreens, the pegs have just stayed empty. I've seen plenty of Agent Venom, but passed on him. I have no real interest in the character.

12. Nick086

Nick086 Captain Captain

Try Amazon or Ebay.

13. Kira's Mom

Tomorrow is the first Sunday of Advent, so I'm starting my Shelf Avengers Advent Calendar! I'll try to have something every day until Christmas Eve.

First- Nick Fury directs the Avengers Handbell Choir!

[​IMG]

Also, my mom got me this for my Trek-Who-Mas tree (it's a tree topper):

[​IMG]

Don't blink. Blink and Santa puts you on the naughty list! :lol:

14. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i picked up Venom at a convention earlier this month. i never saw him or proto Fett at Walgreens.

15. Nick086

Nick086 Captain Captain

It like the 1990s all over again when it comes to toy hunter at the toy stores or online.

16. cooleddie74

Aparrently 40,000 more Prototype Fetts have shipped to Walgreens locations around the country and are being stocked in greater numbers that make him much easier to find, but you wouldn't know it based on many reports and empty shelves. The scalpers have probably had a field day with grabbing as many of these as they can and I imagine the eBay prices for Proto Fetts border on completely ridiculous if not insulting (or both).

That said, with 40,000 more being sent to stores the chances of finding him just went up by a significant margin. That's a pretty high production run in this day and age and for a larger, more expensive 6" figure that's a retailer exclusive.

17. Nick086

Nick086 Captain Captain

I couldn't find Agent Venom in stores either. I'm hoping they will be available to purchase online on their site soon. It was nice when The Winter Soldier Disney store exclusive was available you could get it at then retail price at three different major websites besides going in the store itself.

18. OdoWanKenobi

I don't want it so much that I'm willing to pay a penny over regular retail. Besides, for me collecting isn't just about the acquisition. There's something in the thrill of the hunt, of walking into a store and finding that elusive figure sitting on the pegs. Buying from Amazon kinda ruins that.

19. cooleddie74

I still buy most of my figures from brick-and-mortar retail and from the local toy shop. Ordering online might guarantee you the figures, but it takes longer, usually costs more and there's no control over the quality of the item that's shipped. Brick-and-mortar toy hunts might be time-consuming in their own right and you frequently come up empty-handed, but you can hold and look at the items you want to buy and make sure they have the best quality, both the figures and the packaging (if you keep them carded or boxed). Too many variables to make ordering online the automatic way to buy figures, at least from my point of view.

To each their own, though. It's all about which method makes you happier and is easier for the individual collector.

20. Nick086

Nick086 Captain Captain

Sometimes it easier for me to order something online. I have gone to stores to find a lot of the Marvel stuff that aren't in the best quality when it comes to the carded figures. When I bought the Winter Soldier Disney exclusive I had to get it online because the Disney store nearest to me when out of business a few years ago. You're right, you never know what condition it gonna be in when you order it online. You're taking a risk and sometimes the figures don't always look what they show online. Some people call it a hobby, but for me I call it my sickness.