The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, May 6, 2013.

1. Alpha Romeo

Alpha Romeo Vice Admiral Admiral

My guess is they are paralleling the comics with the scene with the tank, although Herschel will be a stand in for another major character. My prediction is that he dies and Beth and Judith die. The governor will die at the hands of Lilly and the prison will be abandoned.

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That was him. It also explains why his role was so short lived, since he's on Witches of East End now.

3. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

I can imagine one of the adults being killed, so it would add greater pressure on the Glenn/Maggie relationship (marry while you can), only for the showrunners to kill one of the couple off at the end of season 4 or sometime in 5.

Someone mentioned Glenn as a potential victim...

Possible, but I think the drama of Maggie no losing another family member and leaning on Glenn (or becoming hard-hearted) will be something to exploit down the road.

Just one thing: on an early segment of Talking Dead, one of the showrunners said Beth's attitude toward loss/death (in the scene with Daryl) would be explored later in the season, so this might be a hint that she survives, contrary to the idea that she takes Lori's comic book place.

4. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

Or, that she WILL die that way, and that it will be her sister Maggie who adopts said attitude just to go on surviving.

5. jbny67

jbny67 Captain Captain

Sneak Peek from the mid season finale

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2TlWFI63aQ[/yt]

6. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Ohhhhh crap.

7. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

The the little girl just find the hatch to Desmond's bunker?

8. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If that's Maggie's kid, she isn't Glenn's kid. Pretty sure Glenn isnt gonna have a blonde kid.

At first I thought "Desmond?" but I could see this if the girl was named "John Locke."

9. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I watched that sneak peak last week and I get the feeling that's not a Walker coming across the stream, I think we are being fooled like Daryl fooled Andrea, could that be the Governor without his eyepatch?

10. Trekker4747

Mid-Season Finale tonight. Look forward to it.

My prediction:

I think, by and large, the main cast is safe. We may lose all of the "red shirts"/Woodbury survivors at the prison but I cannot think of a main character who will be killed off. Forced to pick one I might go with Sasha (debatable if we want to call her a main character, however.) Certainly safe is Rick, Carl, Judith, Daryl, Glenn and Maggie; Beth. Hershel and Michonne are "maybes" but I think will be okay. Tyrese I can see going either way.

But I do think The Governor will fall as the conflict at the prison goes south and maybe as the conflict draws in more Walkers, the Woodbury 2.0 survivors realize what they're being pulled into or maybe Not!Maggie will realize what kind of person The Governor really is and turn on him.

I also think the prison will fall and the episode will end with our cast back on the run off to parts unknown until February.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  11. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

^I agree. I'm thinking the Governor will go down in the battle, maybe injuring Rick in the process. The prison will probably fall--at least take serious damage, so the group will have to look for new digs, or at least prepare to hit the road again, by the end.

12. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought they were on a roll after ditching Carol (dramawise, I had no problem with her) but these last episodes just sapped all the steam that was developing. Granted only half way through this one but so far kind of boring.

13. Trekker4747

Holy shit! :lol:

14. Trekker4747

Holy, holy shit! Again!

:eek:

15. jbny67

jbny67 Captain Captain

Wow, I have to soak that all in before I even think about commenting.

16. Trekker4747

Okay, that was utterly phenomenal. A lot of questions a very separated group and... Wow. When is February, again?

17. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Holy shit. That was maybe the best episode since the first season. I forgive the Gov. getting 2 episodes now. It was needed given the outcome

Also... I can't be 100%, but a blood soaked carrier is pretty definitive.

18. Trekker4747

I had thought Judith was on the bus. I really, really doubt they killed her that seems very dark, even for this show.

I agree this was a very, very great episode. I guess Hershel's "arc" was over especially when it came to him and Rick but as just mentioned in "The Talking Dead" we need a new old man/"moral center" in the show.

But this episode is a LOT to soak in. I'm glad to see the Governor fall. I was very much expecting it/hoping for it but it was well done given the mini-arc he was given over the last two episodes.

But the fall of the prison was pretty much a given.

I sort of wish that Rick didn't get punked in the fight between him and The Governor and Rick had been the one to get in the kill and had dominated in the fight. Michonne getting the kill is okay but, really, I think Rick more deserved it. Or maybe better Maggie or Beth.

God, that was great TV.

I need a smoke.

19. mr.peany

mr.peany Commodore Commodore

Holy crap. Ummm....

20. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well at least the actor playing the tank driver, Mitch, will have a role lined up for him whenever they do a Humphrey Bogart biopic.