Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Temis the Vorta, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Or not.
    Angela had fallen into obscurity. Her first appearance could easily be gotten for $5 at any show. I sometimes saw Spawn #9, in F/VF shape, in $1 bins even.

I hope this turns out to be fanboy wankery. Don't care for Angela to be in the movie. She's an on loan character, they should use a proper female character from their library.

2. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

^ That's the thing: she's not an 'on-loan' character; Neil Gaiman is bringing her directly into the Marvel pantheon.

3. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Fair enough. I still don't like her in this capacity, mostly overall, others fill the role better from their library.

So Marvel bought her off of Gaiman then? I don't recall reading that in the write ups.

4. DigificWriter

Not that I know of, but he's personally adding her to their pantheon and Joe Queseda Queseda redesigned her look, so she's now an official Marvel character.

5. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

It'd be interesting if it proves true that the movie and comics have such synergy going. Usually the movies are behind whatever is going on in the comic world.

6. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

From the moment they announced that Angela was becoming a Marvel character I though it would be cool, once Gaiman was done with this stint with Marvel, to see Gaiman take her elsewhere, to have her become a comic character unfazed by the boundaries of any specific comic universe.

7. DigificWriter

^ If Gaiman is able to take Angela elsewhere, she'll probably have a different backstory, role, and design from either her Spawn (Image) or Marvel appearances.

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Gaimen must be leasing her rights to Marvel?

After all he's been through with that woman, it seems odd to just toss her.

9. DigificWriter

Gaiman's talented enough that it wouldn't be difficult for him to create another backstory for her and design a new look for her. At this point, though, we don't know what is going to or might happen with her if/when Gaiman's latest stint with Marvel ends.

10. Guy Gardener

I've already read Age of Ultron 10 which is when Angela enters the Marvel Universe, and it's pretty obvious that her complete history in the Image Universe with Spawn is still completely intact... Although her powers seem to be based upon the existence of the judochristian Heaven and Hell, which could be problematic if the Christians are wrong in 616.

11. DigificWriter

Ok. I guess I was wrong when I said indications seemed to be that she had a new backstory. Thanks for that info.

12. Guy Gardener

I've never read Spawn, so what confuses me is how come wikipedia says that she is a baddie, but Angela is signing up with the Guardians as a goodie?

13. DigificWriter

Angela was to Spawn what Catwoman and Talia are to Barman: she was both an adversary and an ally for him.

14. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[​IMG]

15. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was under the impression from the comic sites when the news broke that Angela is now Marvel, and would not be going anywhere else (but I haven't exactly researched that out).

16. Guy Gardener

There are special crossover rules in place for when companies collide so that they can disentangle after the fact.

Jubilee from the X-Men and Robin from (Batman and Robin) were dating at one point.

Hell, in the Superman vs Spiderman book from the 70s, Peter and Clark both worked in the same News service side by side... Shit? Was it he Bugle or the Planet?

17. Turtletrekker

Ha!:guffaw:

18. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Other companies owning the film rights to Spidey and X-men is a probably good thing because Marvel would be doing nothing but those movies if they had the rights. Marvel was forced to develop its less popular characters like Iron Man and Thor, which led to the Avengers.:techman:

19. Turtletrekker

And it would seem that you are correct.

20. DigificWriter

^ I was just about to come here and say that; I was also going to say that it looks like that rumor about Gillan being Angela was false, as revealed by the same article.