50th Is "The Day Of The Doctor" (And Is 75 Minutes)

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by StCoop, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    If this shows the Doc's darkest day as finding out Rose has always been a Zygon, I'll send Moffat a bottle of champagne.

2. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

That would be brilliant. It would be worth it just to see so many fans scream bloody murder. :lol:

3. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Jesus. Get a life you fucking loser.

4. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

^Youtube falls! Youtube burns!

All the music videos with The 10th doctor and Rose synced with Katy Perry songs! They'll all be ruined!

This lady will go likely insane!

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3go3DRAfIns[/YT]

and it will be fantastic

:D

5. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

And I think Emh's point has already been proven. :lol:

Infraction for flaming.

6. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Just out of curiousity, is this going to be acted on or does it not count as a flame?

7. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Some men just like to see the internet burn... :guffaw:

8. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

9. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I think it was acted upon earlier in the thread.

10. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

It was.

11. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

The new set of regenerations, I can totally see happening and is totally fine. Although I did like fan ideas where the uncertainty of how many regenerations are left could increase the drama and meaning of each one.

But it sounds more like the theory is that one character is ending and another is start who assumes the same name and identity. I wouldn't want that.

Mr Awe

12. Mr Awe

And, what would Rose's take of seeing a new Doctor, with a new companion. In other words, she still wasn't travelling with the Doctor!

I hope it's the real Rose, at least at some points.

Mr Awe

13. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Many years ago I had the idea that when the 13th Doctor's last season came, he should gain a regenerated Susan or Romana as a companion, train her as his successor, and then in his final moments hand her the TARDIS key and say "You are the Doctor now," starting a whole sequence of 11-12 consecutive female Doctors. I think if you're going to kill off the Doctor and replace him, it's kind of a waste if it's just another man.

Anyway, I don't see how killing off the Doctor would work, certainly not if you replace him with a human as someone speculated. What makes the Doctor so special is his vast experience and knowledge, the centuries' worth of wisdom and trivia he's accumulated in his travels throughout the universe.

Although I suppose they could do something where the Doctor passes on his memories to his successor -- but then it couldn't be a human, or his brain would burn out DoctorDonna-style.

14. Mr Awe

^ Well Moffat and Tennant at least have said how The Day of the Doctor moves the character forward. I wouldn't consider replacing the character with a different character to be moving the character forward, more like ending the character.

Also, it sounds like the Doctor confronts what he's been running from all of these years and it gives a new spin on his future adventures. Much less meaningful if he stops running and that's it and someone else takes over with his name.

So, I don't think that's going to happen. New set of regenerations, very possible. New character that assumes the persona of the Doctor, unlikely.

Mr Awe

15. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yea, with Regeneration as a part of the show, there is no reason to do something so desperate as having another person take over the mantle of The Doctor. There's just too many ways they write in him gaining more Regenerations. Using the Trope of someone else taking over the Mantle of The Doctor, smacks of desperate moves such as Sliders Late Series Quinn or other such desperate moves.

If they were to go down anywhere near this road, it would be far better to go the Tremas/The Master route. Have some kind of accident that results in The Doctor taking over Capaldi's body and gaining new Regenerations. As far as The Elixir of Life giving him new Regenerations, that doesn't seem right, The Sisters needed to take it regularly, it wasn't a permanent solution taking it just once. I could however, see how it could be an "out" for not having used up a Regeneration becoming HurtDoctor

16. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

I think it's got to be some kind of reset of the regenerations, really.

That said, I'd love to see a dying Eleven reach out of the TARDIS as Malcolm Tucker walks past, and goes "oh, a new body at last..."

17. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

So, I guess there's no love for my regenerating ganger First Doctor idea then? I am a vehement opponent of the classical linear continuity school (how boring) and an advocate for alternative four-dimensional hyperbolic continuity. A leads to B or C leads to D or E or F or ponies and they all make love to each other in the end. (Giving birth to A? Who knows!)

18. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

"Kiss mah sweaty *****, yah skinny bow-tie-wearing f***!"

19. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

The Timelords gave the Master a new set of regenerations during the Time War. So they've already set up that it is possible to bypass the regeneration limit using some Time Lord thing, they just need to write it into a script that the Doctor finds it. I doubt they'll have him take over someone's body due to it not being something the Doctor would do or have a new character who claims to be the Doctor. They can't even get that to work in comics.

20. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

And it was already set up before that, that There was a machine that could give Regenerations. In Mawdryn Undead, a group of folks OD'ed on the machine, and were stuck in perpetual Regeneration, and they wanted a Real Time Lord (The Doctor) to give up his remaining lives to cure them and end their lives.