Sigils and Unions: Catacombs of Oralius--"6 Hedorăk"

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Nerys Ghemor, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

This is eventually going to be turned into a colored pencil painting. I recognize that the composition is not ideal, but I am at the point where aside from a few minor modifications here and there, I think I'm going to go forward with the painting. If I mess with it more, I'm sure I'll just create problems!

For those of you who are not familiar with my work, Catacombs of Oralius is an alternate universe based on TNG: "Parallels," in which Bajoran and Cardassian roles are reversed.

This particular scene is from my novella The Desolate Vigil, when the news comes to a college class on Cardassia Prime that Bajoran ships have broken through Cardassian lines and are inbound to Prime.

One of the students may look to you like a young AU version of someone you know from the canon universe. If so, you're right...

(As for the resemblance of the guy on the upper left to Hansi Kürsch, that did not start out as intentional, but once I noticed, I kept it that way. ;) )

[​IMG]

2. Gul Re'jal

Gul Re'jal Commodore Commodore

Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space
    "Hansi Kürsch" is very angry. I hadn't noticed it before, but now I can see that he has his hand rolled into a fist. I wonder if he didn't just hit the table a moment ago.

3. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

I imagine he did. I imagine it's a combination of anger at the Bajorans, and maybe even anger at himself that he wasn't on the front lines. It wouldn't have made a difference, but feelings aren't logical.