Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheGodBen, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Hmmm, here's hoping Mojang can get that API done and entice developers to make a Bukkit-like library of mods. That would likely be the best solution.

2. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

3. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

I quite like the 1.8 update, especially the world customization options. I still play the game quite regularly. Though, I have to admit, the solitary aspect of it can get a bit ... tedious at times.

4. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

I could always set up a fresh vanilla server for us if anyone is interested.

5. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I went back to 1.8.1 last week for a short while to see, but it's been very glitchy for me for some reason.

6. Owain Taggart

I wouldn't mind it, Robert. I haven't played in over a year and don't even what kind of changes it's had lately. I've hardly played single-player as I find the game more appealing as a multiplayer game.

7. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Sure, if my connection can handle it.

8. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

I've never played on a server, but I would certainly join one and see how it goes. If RobMax is willing to set it up (no small endeavor, I know), I'd definitely like to be a part of the community.

9. Robert Maxwell

A vanilla setup is pretty easy nowadays (I think.) Really, it's just our only option because of shenanigans with Bukkit and derivatives. :(

I'll see about setting one up sometime this week! If you've never been on my server before, PM me your username (or post it here) and I will whitelist you. (I'll just carry over the existing whitelist to the new server, too.)

10. Owain Taggart

There's actually hope that Bukkit might return in some form. I had read that since Mojang own it, that they're able to do what they want with it. This is likely just some downtime while they figure things out and maybe roll out an API. And an API would seem to be a smart thing to do now that MS own them.

11. Robert Maxwell

Well, some kind of official server plugin architecture would be nice. They promised that years ago. :mad:

12. Owain Taggart

Yeah, they certainly did. I'm just saying that with MS owning them, they could potentially make that an important goal for Minecraft's future.

13. Robert Maxwell

There's been lots of crazy speculation about MS leveraging Azure/cloud technology to make huge, linked Minecraft worlds, potentially with different plugins, physics, etc.

I'll believe it when I see it.

14. Owain Taggart

That'd be crazy wicked, and likely would facilitate portals. Minecraft could certainly benefit from a technical point of view.

15. Saturn0660

Saturn0660 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

New server eh? That would be fun.. What would happen if you just uninstalled all the add-ons for the other server and updated?

16. Robert Maxwell

I could do that, too, just seemed like a better idea to start fresh since it's been so long. Note that I haven't set this up yet. I may not get to it before the first of the year.

17. Saturn0660

Saturn0660 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i'd be okay with that too if you just dumped everything. Maybe make the worlds for download. Just a whole new world to build. Could be fun. Keep us updated. :techman:

18. Robert Maxwell

You can download our world maps here, actually: http://mcgorzek.com/backups/

The last update is from 10/31 because that's the last time anyone was on the server. :(

19. Stoo

Stoo Commodore Commodore

That was probably me. Kestra and myself have played a bit this year, on and off, but barely seen anyone else around.

20. Owain Taggart

You know, I'd been thinking on this, and I wouldn't mind if this were a creative server, so that we can build to our heart's contents.