Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Hmmm. Perhaps those rumours of the Ultimate Universe ending are going to turn out to be true. No Ultimate Comics Ultiamtes for October...and I'm very curious to what Cataclysm is..no doubt stemming out of "Hunger".

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Changed my mind about what Marvel comic I'm going to read, and I picked up the first digital collection of Wolverine & The X-Men.

3. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Looking through that at the Spider-Man stuff, either a recont is coming or Miles Warren has been cloning people again.

Alternately some one may have goten loopy off the ink fumes or Norman Osborn is just screwing with people again.

Oh and just to cover all the bases, Wolverine did it when he screwed up the universe.

4. Admiral_Young

Indestructible Hulk and Daredevil were both excellent again this week. Mark Waid is doing genius work on both those books. If you're not reading them...you should be.

5. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree with Indestructible Hulk, great read again this week.

Fearless Defenders #6 wrapped up the opening arc of the Quest for new Shield Maidens. It ends a bit tragically. I'd grade this arc about a B/B- I guess.

6. Admiral_Young

I'm guessing AnnaBelle will be restored somehow. The first arc had some rough spots but I'll be sticking with it. The art is pretty good, and the writing and pacing are decent. Val had been asking for that punch from Misty for a while now, so I'm not surprised Misty finally gave her a piece of her mind.

7. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, although the punch felt ill timed also. "It needs Defenders..." PUNCH
    I feel if it followed a singular exchange it would've felt more organic. While the punch was deserved it felt rushed in that moment.

8. Admiral_Young

That's just the thing though. I think Misty was pissed off that after all this time and all the stuff that Misty had said to her...Val only had come to that conclusion after what happened to AnnaBelle. She finally had enough of her friend's BS.

9. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Hooray! The return of Nightcrawler has been announced! His return will be the first arc of the latest X-Book, Amazing X-Men, where he summons the X-Men to the after-life to help battle his father, the demon Azazel. I hope that he sticks around after the Azazel arc. It would suck to tease his return, but leave him in the after-life when it's all done.

The new book will serve as a companion book to Wolverine and the X-Men. Whereas WatXM will focus on the students, AXM will focus on the faculty being X-Men and super-heroes, rather than teachers. Newest X-Man-- Firestar! Given as she was an X-Man in Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends all of those years ago, I'm surprised it took them this long.

I think that I'm down for this. The initial Nightcrawler arc, at the very least.:)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  10. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

So, the two big shocking deaths from Second Coming are both being reversed, then...

11. Turtletrekker

You knew it was inevitable. When Banshee died, his daughter's reaction was to just sit back and wait for his inevitable resurrection. :lol:

Even the "meh, so what?" death of Ariel in Second Coming has been reversed.

12. Admiral_Young

I'm really looking forward to Amazing X-Men. Jason Aaron and Ed McGuiness should be a fantastic team.

13. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

<<You knew it was inevitable. When Banshee died, his daughter's reaction was to just sit back and wait for his inevitable resurrection. :lol:>>

Did that really happen?

14. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

According to Wikipedia uncanny Avengers #9, which is about 5 minutes ago.

Meh. The art was so off putting, I skimmed that issue, despite Kang and Immortus flexing.

15. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Amazing X-Men sounds like fun. Aaron is hit or miss with me but Wolverine and the X-Men and his Thor have been pretty good reading. i have missed Nightcrawler.

16. Guy Gardener

If the Avengers Database leaked to SHIELD or the US Government, and they found out that Iron lad is going to grow up to be a man who conquered America and George Bush Jr signed a Declaration of surrender to under considerable duress, wouldn't some one tell Seal Team 6 to look him up?

Someone would step in and talk about causality, how America had to be defeated and put in chains or the life they had now would be entirely different... But that wouldn't stop anyone from tying Iron lad to a tree and letting George Bush kick him in his ballbearings a lot.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cool. I might actually be caught up on W&XM by then, so by the time that starts I might be able to jump right in as it starts.

18. Turtletrekker

Yeah. It was sort of a cheat on PAD's part. When Ed Brubaker killed off Banshee in his X-Book, nobody bothered to inform PAD, who wrote Banshee's daughter Siryn in his X-Book.

Rather than just ignore the event, PAD wrote that scene (Which was basically Teresa in denial) until he could come up with a proper way to deal with it.

19. Guy Gardener

"Spiderlings"

God save us.

20. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

That was amusing. Super-villains have minions and underlings. Why can't super-heroes?

Spider-Ock did something good (at least, I assume it's good, being totally unfamiliar with Shadowland as I am), but his means to that end are problematic. He has an interesting approach to being a hero, but he's operating more like Batman.

I like that Wilson Fisk has recognized that it's the same voice but a different person.