Star Trek: Voyager - Dark Realm

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Dingo, Mar 25, 2009.

1. mirandafave

mirandafave Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well now I see where you went with it. Like CeJay, I was thrown by this appearance. The thing about Crossovers is they can be jarring to the mindset of a reader. Especially, when the reality of this story lent to it through the use and eyes of the Lower Decks personnel grounded it more so than other stories might at times be. Therefore, I was thrown all the more. Normally, I don't read Crossovers, not anything against, but I guess it is something I will need to get over to see where else this goes. :shifty:

2. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

I apologize for failing to warn you about the crossover part, I'm sorry about that. Well, yes, the story is still focused on Lower Decks personnel, and one where they just might save the day and prove pivotal. That's just one of the many elements of this fic.

If things get too hairy, here's my Star Trek: Expanded Universe wiki entry on this fic: Dark Realm.

3. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

O-Town

Disclaimer: I don’t own any recognizable franchises in this fic. The dimension depicted in this particular segment was inspired by the show Rocko’s Modern Life, which I had been watching. This was inspired by the episode Schnit-Heads. (URL leads to video of whole episode (it's the second of the two episodes shown on the vid)).

---

Tom Paris, Celes Tal, and Henry Kano stood outside the Delta Flyer as the mysterious flying steam locomotive they had seen earlier began to land in the clearing beside them.

Out of the vehicle stepped a man in his mid-sixties with white hair and wild looking blue eyes. Every inch of him screamed mad scientist, but there wasn’t a trace of the air of menace that tended to follow that sort of sentient.

Beside him was a woman with brown hair and eyes in a pinkish purple dress in the fashion of the 19th century Earth.

“Tom Paris, I presume?” The man said, and extended a hand, “Dr. Emmett Brown, Institute of Future Technology.”

Tom took the hand and shook it: “Yes.“

”My wife, Clara.” Emmett said as he introduced the woman. Clara extended a hand and Tom shook it.

“This is my team, Lieutenant j.g. Henry Kano and Crewman Celes Tal.” Tom said as he introduced them.

“So what manner of aircraft is this?” Emmett said as he indicated the Delta Flyer.

“It’s a shuttlecraft from the Federation starship Voyager.” Tom replied.

Brown walked around the perimeter of the Delta Flyer, “So what is the year for you?” he asked.

“It’s 2376 for us.” Tom said, “And for you?”

“1991.” Emmett Brown replied as he took in the sight. A very futuristic looking aircraft. A blonde haired man with a black jumpsuit with a red horizontal band at the shoulders, a dark haired man similarly attired but his band was teal instead of red, and a woman similarly attired with a gold band. He presumed the one with the red band was a leader of some sort.

”What was it about this catastrophe you were telling me about?” Tom replied.

“Well, it started when we became aware that there are an infinite number of universes that exist as a multiverse.” Brown began as he started gesticulating.

“OK. You’re talking about other dimensions?” Tom asked.

“Yes. Yes. Precisely!” Brown said, “Of which this is one.”

“What is this place?” Celes asked.

“Based on the data compiled we know this place is known as O-Town by its residents.” Emmett replied, “Its residents appear to be several varieties of anthromorphic animals.”

“What sorts of animals?” Celes asked.

"Animals native to various continents of Earth." Brown replied as he looked at Celes closely, as if scrutinizing her face. He walked at least a few inches closer, causing Tal to start feeling uncomfortable and causing Henry to start moving into a position to protect Tal and deal with Brown.

Clara made her own observations as she hung back and observed. Emmett was definitely curious about the female of their group. She appeared human except for the ridges on her nose and it was those ridges Emmett was likely curious about.

“Curious.” Emmett said as he thought aloud, “It matches nothing I’ve seen on Earth: it must be alien in origin. It appears to be an extraterrestrial osteo-dermal nasal ridge.”

Clara walked over to them and gently put a comforting hand on Celes’ right tricep, “He means your nose, honey.”

She turned to her husband and said, “Emmett, I’m certain that she’s a little uncomfortable with you scrutinizing her nose like that.”

“I’m sorry.” Emmett said.

“No harm was done.” Celes replied.

“So where are you from?” Emmett asked.

“I’m from Bajor.” Celes replied.

“So are all of you from this ‘Bajor’ as well?” Emmett asked.

“No. I’m from Australia.” Henry replied.

“On our world we’re part of a government called the United Federation of Planets that comprises many planets.” Tom explained.

“Tell me about it.” Emmett asked.

Tom gave Brown a quick overview of the Federation and the state of affairs of his particular galaxy and Voyager’s stranding in the Delta Quadrant.

“Great Scott!” Emmett said, “So in your plane of reality you humanity is exploring the cosmos from a united Earth, several star systems are united in a peaceful Federation. Your ship was stranded in a far corner of your galaxy by a strange entity and you’ve had many misadventures in your trek back to the Federation. Recently your ship discovered a spatial rift and sent you and your team to investigate. You came into contact with hostile aliens and were sucked into the spatial rift and wound up here.”

“In a nutshell that’s it.” Tom replied.

“Great Scott!” Emmett remarked.

“So what is this catastrophe you were telling us about?” Henry asked.

“It involves a phenomenon we’ve been studying, one that’s been lurking around the multiverse.” Emmett replied, “They’re called the Heartless.”

“Heartless?” Tom asked, furrowing his brow.

“Sentient beings that lost their hearts to what we call the Great Darkness.” Emmett replied.

“Wait a second.” Celes interjected, as her eyes went wide with recognition, “Henry, when we ran into that Vaadwaur fighter didn’t we find some strange aliens that lacked hearts?”

“That’s right. I remember Billy going on about them.” Henry replied.
    “Where did those creatures come from?” Emmett asked.

“We assume they came from the spatial rift that pulled us to this world.” Henry replied.

“Damn. They’ve already crossed into your world.” Emmett said.

“What do they want?” Tom asked.

“They seek the hearts of worlds as well as the hearts of sentient beings.” Emmett said.

“Hearts of worlds?” Tom asked.

“At each dimension there is a heart. The Heartless seek to consume all hearts. Especially the hearts of worlds.” Emmett replied.

“OK. I can see biological creatures having hearts that these ‘Heartless’ would want to consume, but I can’t buy worlds or dimensions having living hearts.” Tom replied.

“The heart as I mean is not the biological organ. It is one of the three components that makes up a sentient being. The heart, the body, and the soul. The biological heart as we know it is a component of the body. I’m speaking of the heart in terms of the emotional essence of a being.” Emmett replied, “For lack of a better term for this emotional essence, we call it the heart.”

“So these Heartless things are what attacked us?” Celes asked.

“It would appear so.” Emmett replied.

“So you’re after these Heartless things?” Tom asked.

“No. A member of our group is missing.” Emmett said, “Marty McFly. He was on an observation mission when we received a distress call. He said only that a very nefarious character from our reality, Biff Tannen, and his gang were responsible and they were in company with something like a walking oil slick...”

“Biff Tannen?” Celes asked.

“It’s sort of a long story.” Clara replied.

“Walking oil slick? Why do I get the distinct feeling I’ve heard of that thing before? The distinct bad feeling.” Tom thought.

“I’ll see what I can find out.” Celes added, helpfully, as she tapped her comm badge, “Celes to Telfer.”

Doc Brown’s eyes went wide as he heard sound coming from the brooch on the woman’s chest, presumably this Telfer individual was talking back to her on this portable and wearable communication’s device.

“Telfer here. Go ahead.”

“Billy, can you find out if there’s anything about a ‘walking oil slick’ in the database?” Celes asked.

“I’ll give it a shot.” Telfer replied.

“Thanks Celes.” Tom said as he turned to her.

“About this Biff Tannen character, what’s his story?” Henry asked.

“It depends.” Doc Brown said, “On when you’re referring to.”

“Go on.” Henry replied.

“Biff Tannen was a high school bully of Marty’s father in the year 1955. When Marty inadvertently traveled back to 1955 the first time, he managed to accidentally cause the younger version of his mother to become amorously infatuated with him instead of his father. We masterminded a scheme to get them to fall in love so as to restore the timeline and as a result Marty’s father was able to win over his mother and stand up to Biff for the first time in his life.” Doc began as he gesticulated wildly and walked about as he spoke, “Then when Marty and myself traveled to the year 2015 Marty purchased a book called Gray’s Sports Almanac with the intention of using it to win money at gambling. I threw the book away but an older version of Biff from that timeline went and stole the book and my DeLorean time machine to give a copy to his younger self...”

Doc pulled a chalk board from inside the time train, setting it down between their two groups, and drew a horizontal line and wrote the year 1955 on one side of the line and the year 2015 on the other side of the line. He drew a diagonal line somewhere in the middle of the horizontal line and wrote the year 1985A as he spoke:

“At some point Biff gave himself the book and began a gambling winning streak that resulted in an alternate and hellish alternate 1985 where he became rich and powerful and married to Marty’s mother, who he had a longstanding crush on. Marty and I thought we’d reversed that timeline, but I failed to factor in the concept of a multiverse.”

“Hold on. This is giving me a headache.” Tom said as he reached his hand to his forehead, “You’re saying that the Biffhorrific Hill Valley still exists?”

Celes looked on with just as much of a headache brewing before Henry explained to her in a whisper, “That’s a term used to describe the alternate reality that Doc’s talking about. The one that they thought they erased with a temporal incursion.”

“Yes. Precisely. Due to the theory of the multiverse of infinite possibilities there was a possibility that we failed in our mission and the Hell Valley of the alternate 1985 continued to exist. And it was that universe’s Biff, in company with the walking oil slick Marty described that caused this potentially catastrophic chain of events to come into existence!” Doc Brown said with a near hyperventilation towards the end.

Clara looked like she’d seen this high strung and overly dramatic form of presentation before as she watched Doc carry on with a slightly bemused expression.

“Telfer to Celes. I’ve found something that sounds like your walking oil slick. I’m coming out to give that information to you.” Telfer replied over Celes’ comm badge.

“Acknowledged.” Celes replied.
    A few moments later Billy Telfer came out of the Delta Flyer with a PADD in hand. “I found some data on the walking oil slick you described.

Everyone turned to give Telfer their attention.

“It was on Stardate 41602.1 that the crew of the USS Enterprise encountered a lifeform on Vagra II with similar properties.” Telfer began.

“Stardate?” Clara asked.

“Oh. That’s how we measure time. The stardate corresponds to our year 2364. So twelve years ago, our time, the Enterprise went to respond to a shuttle crash on planet Vagra II. They beamed an away team down to rescue their two crewmembers. During that rescue they encountered a black oil slick that seemed to be a lifeform.” Telfer said.

“Go on.” Emmett said.

“The slick coalesced itself into a vaguely humanoid shape which gave the name Armus to refer to itself. Armus. Armus made threats to the away team and when the Enterprise security chief, Lieutenant Natasha Yar, tried to bypass Armus she was killed by an energy discharge generated by the thing.” Telfer replied, “It was revealed that Armus was created by an unknown race that somehow was able to strip all their evil and negative impulses that came to become the entity of Armus. Captain Picard promptly stranded Armus on Vagra II.”

“Let me discuss this with my people.” Tom replied.

“Certainly.” Emmett said and watched somewhat uneasily as he watched the four Starfleet people gather together.

“So we’re dealing not only with your interdimensional overgrown hoodlum but someone with a serious axe to grind against the Federation. Guys. I don’t know about you but I think that means we’re involved.” Tom said.

“I wasn’t voicing any objections, mate.” Henry replied, “I’m simply saying what’s our plan then?”

“It’s pretty obvious. We help them.” Tom replied.

“Shouldn’t we try and get back to Voyager?” Telfer said.

“These people need our help, Telfer.” Tom replied, “We can’t just turn our backs on them. Besides we don’t know how to get back to our dimension.”

“But there are only five of us. And who knows what this Biff character is capable of if he gets his hands on 24th Century Federation technology?” Celes argued.

“Yes. But if Biff’s got the help of this Armus character, from our world, these people don’t stand a chance.” Henry replied.

“The question is what can we do against Armus? I read about his capabilities: blocking sensor scans, communications, and transporters within some energy field he can generate at will. The ability to use psychokinesis and teleportation inside that field. And worse, inflicting energy charges that disrupt the synaptic patterns of humanoids. Like what killed Lieutenant Yar.” Telfer had said.

“And if he’s teamed up with those aliens that attacked us, our dimension and every other dimension is in trouble.” Henry replied, “Look we have to help them any way we can. We know something of what we’re up against. We can be of help.”

“Agreed.” Tom replied.

“I’m in.” Tal replied.

“So am I.” Telfer replied, “Dalby’s gonna be pissed he didn’t get a vote.”

“He’ll get over it.” Tom replied.

Emmett and Clara had been watching the Starfleet people talk amongst themselves just after Tom had mentioned Armus had an axe to grind against his people.

“Do you think they’ll help us?” Clara asked.

“Shh, let me see if I can hear what can...” Emmett said.

“Emmett, if they don’t trust us now, they’re not gonna think much more of us if you eavesdrop.” Clara admonished her husband.

Just then the Starfleet personnel moved from their huddle. “Doctor Brown.” Tom Paris spoke up, “We’re with you.”

“Excellent. Now we’ve just got to figure out where Marty is...” Doc said.

“Don’t you mean when Marty is?” Tom replied.

“That would assume they got a hold of the flux capacitor.” Doc replied, “And Marty’s SOS said that he hid the flux capacitor.”

“But it’s only a matter of time before they break him.” Tom replied.

“Agreed. We’ve got to find him and rescue him.” Clara said.

“Or find where he hid the flux capacitor.” Henry replied, “Get to it before they do.”

“Also agreed.” Doc said, “We’ve got to find that flux capacitor and get a hold of Marty before the universe as we know it is altered.”

---

To be continued.

4. mirandafave

Well the last line was the line I was expecting as soon as Brown showed up. I guess the above segment explains everything. I guess :cardie:

5. fleetcaptain

fleetcaptain Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Forgot to post myself yesterday after I read that part. I was surprised to see Doc Brown show up. Wasn't suspecting that. LOL.

6. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

More characters from film and literature will show up as this story continues. That's what I love about Crossover Fics...

I'm glad that the last segment kinda met your expectations. I'll try to do better next time.

7. crohnie

crohnie Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Ok I'm interested. *subscribed*

8. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

Welcome aboard my friend...

9. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

O-Town, Part II

Author's Note: This was the episode of Rocko's Modern Life that inspired this particular chapter. The episode is the second of the two in the video clip and it's a nice little social commentary about cults and fad religions.

---

“Captain. Based on the data we have compiled the away team appears to have encountered a sentient species whose description matches the aliens that we discovered aboard the Vaadwaur fighter.” Tuvok began, “It appears these lifeforms target the hearts of sentient beings.”

“What else did it say?” Janeway replied.

“It appears they were under the thrall of an entity known as Armus.” Tuvok began.

“Armus?” Janeway asked before realizing, “Yes of course, the entity marooned on Vagra II by Captain Picard on Stardate 41602.1. How did it get off of Vagra II to another world?”

“The away team’s reports do not say, but it is clear that Armus has mobilized these ‘Heartless’ in an effort for revenge against the Federation.” Tuvok replied.

“Those ships we encountered could be part of an invasion force...” Janeway replied.

“Perhaps a scouting element. The fleet we encountered was too small to be an invasion force.” Tuvok said, “If Armus intended to invade the Federation it would be illogical for the Heartless to emerge farthest from Federation territory.”

“Either way. Armus and the Heartless present a great threat to the quadrant and the galaxy as a whole.” Janeway replied.

“Understood Captain.” Seven of Nine interjected, “Voyager is one ship. There could easily be many more of their starships out there.”

“Ayala to Tuvok..” came the comm badge message.

“Proceed Mr. Ayala.” Tuvok said

Ayala’s reply was punctuated by phaser fire in the aft section, “Confirmed. We’ve been boarded.”

“I will head to the bridge. Keep your reports coming.” Tuvok replied, “Captain. May I recommend that the current security detail remain with you for the duration of this operation.”

“Alright Mr. Tuvok.” Janeway replied.

---

Michael Ayala signaled for two more members of his security team to advance. He had his smaller hand phaser instead of a rifle, more for the ease of comms with the bridge.

Three dead Heartless lay crumpled on the deck after being discovered in the shuttlebay.

“Ayala this Foster.” came an Australian accented voice over the comm badge.

“Go ahead.” Ayala replied.

“I’ve got the Hazard Team armed up. We’re sweeping decks 1-5 and heading aft. Can you concentrate your team’s sweeps forward and on decks 5 through 10?” Foster replied.

“I’ve got it. But who’s taking 11 through 15?” Ayala replied.

“Ayala this is Baxter. I’ve got another team assembled. We’ll take 11 through 15.” came another burst.

Ayala tapped his commbadge as more of his team moved forward, room by room, “Ayala to Tuvok. I’ve got three teams sweeping the ship fore to aft. Lieutenant Foster is taking Decks 1-5, Lieutenant Baxter is taking another team on Decks 11 through 15, my team is taking decks 5 through 10...”

The ship rocked violently. “Ayala to Bridge. What was that?”

Tuvok’s voice echoed, “Intruders have been reported in Engineering...”

“This is Baxter. My team’s in route.” Baxter replied.

“This is Ayala, coming to support Baxter...” Ayala replied.

“Continue your sweeps.” Tuvok replied with that omnipresent Vulcan calm, “I am redirecting Hazard Team to Engineering and mustering up a second security team to take their place.”

Ayala bit back the urge to question Tuvok. He had a good reason for holding him back but he was closer than Munro’s team to Engineering and he knew it.

“Help me! Help me!” Came the screams the science lab.

“DiStephano! Anderson!” Ayala called as he followed both of them into the room.

DiStephano charged in first with Anderson. Both of them saw Samantha Wildman on the deck, trying to back away from a couple other Heartless and Harry Kim feebly trying to protect himself from three more Heartless that were attacking him.

Ayala blasted the Heartless that had injured Wildman while DiStephano and Anderson swiftly dispatched the three Heartless that were on top of Harry.

Ayala went to check on Wildman. “Are you alright?”

“My leg...” Samantha groaned painfully.

“Hang on.” Ayala said and tapped his commbadge, “Ayala to Sickbay. Standby for casualties. I’ve got Ensign Wildman with an injured leg and Ensign Kim with...”

As he spoke he turned to see Ensign Kim. Blood was spilling down from his hairline and his hand clutched at his stomach and chest. His uniform was shredded by the claws of the Heartless.

“Multiple lacerations.” Ayala finished.

“Beaming them to Sickbay now.” the Doctor replied.

Ayala watched as the transporter beamed Wildman and Kim safely to Sickbay as he heard the rest of his team moving and engaging Heartless in the other rooms.

He could hear the comm traffic as DiStephano and Anderson retook the corridor.

“Tuvok this Baxter...we could use some help down here...”

“Acknowledged. Hazard Team in route.” Foster’s voice came over the comms, “Ayala, be advised we’re coming through your positions.”

“We’ll hold the door open for you.” Ayala replied as he passed the information to his team, “Lopez, Golwat, hold your fire for now, Hazard Team’s gonna be passing this way.”

“Yes sir.” Golwat replied.

---

Way to understate things. Baxter thought to himself as the sounds of scuffling and phaser fire echoed all over Engineering.

The Heartless were all over the place and to make things worse, B’Elanna barely had time to get a force field around the warp core. Thank God for small favors. The last thing he wanted was an errant phaser blast hitting the warp core. But none of the other anti-intruder Engineering safeguards had time to take place.

B’Elanna had dashed one Heartless’ skull into the bulkhead after smashing it in the head with a two-kilo coil spanner. There was blood on her left arm and the sleeve of her uniform was torn in several places.

Nicoletti had a Heartless clinging to her chest as she rolled around on the ground with it.

“Nicoletti! Hold still!” B’Elanna shouted as she raced over and swung the coil spanner into the face of the Heartless, smashing the creature’s face in and splattering black blood onto the deck.

The Security Team was fairing no better. Baxter was firing his hand phaser at another Heartless that popped up from behind a console. This one was different from the others. It had some kind of helmet and armor on, with the Heartless emblem stamped onto it’s chest.

Petty Officer Walid was grappling with another of the armored Heartless on the ground after one ambushed him from an alcove.

“Baxter this is Foster. We’re on our way in.” Foster said.

“Perfect timing.” Baxter remarked, “We got jumped by the Heartless when we went into Engineering. They hit us hard. Half my team’s wounded...GAH!!!”

Baxter shouted as another Heartless jumped from behind a console and landed on top of him. He could feel claws tearing into his back just as he heart the whine of a phaser going off.

“Murphy! Chell! Biessman! Munro! Take the upper level.” Foster ordered.

The Heartless that was on top of Baxter was smashed into a console by the phaser blast fired by Foster.

Baxter groaned as he tried to stand. The last thing he saw before losing consciousness was Foster firing his phaser at another Heartless.

B’Elanna helped Nicoletti to a standing position. “Are you alright?”

“My sides hurt a little.” Nicoletti replied as she winced. As she spoke she heard the phaser fire lessening.

“Get yourself to Sickbay.” B’Elanna replied.

“Foster to Tuvok.” Foster replied, “Engineering secured...”

---

“We captured the DeLorean, boss.” 3-D said as he headed over there. He was a medium built fellow with brown hair with a gray suit and tacky novelty sunglasses that resembled cardboard 3-D glasses.

“Good.” Biff Tannen said. He was an imposing figure, a 48 year old man over six feet tall and two hundred pounds. He looked over the DeLorean time machine before turning towards 3-D with a darkening scowl.

“3-D there’s something wrong...” Biff said.

“What’s that? We got the DeLorean....” 3-D replied.

Biff backhanded him, “Where’s the flux capacitor? The DeLorean is absolutely useless without the flux capacitor!”

“That Marty guy might know where it’s at.” 3-D replied as he probed about with his tongue inside his mouth. No teeth had been loosened, “The snot nosed brat must have hidden the thing before we caught him.”

“Give me one reason I shouldn’t fire you right now!” Biff demanded.

“Uh...I...I...” 3-D replied.

“Quit babbling like an idiot and find me that flux capacitor!” Biff ordered.

3-D left the room in a hurry before nearly running into a tall fellow wearing a similar gray suit and cowboy hat with a match sticking out of his mouth and a shorter fellow with a blonde crew cut.

“What’s his problem?” Match asked.

“He’s got some unfinished business to take care of.” Biff replied.

“Meaning?” Skinhead, the man with the blonde crew cut, asked.

“Meaning the flux capacitor isn’t here. The time machine is useless without it.” Biff replied.

“Where do you think he hid it, boss?” Match asked.

“Who knows and we’ll never know until you guys start questioning him.” Biff replied.

“Maybe on another world?” Skinhead asked.

“Ugh. Not another trip through a Corridor of Darkness. The first one sucked.” Match groaned.

“How do you expect to get from world to world, flap your arms?” Biff replied.

“Either way. I hope that he didn’t hide it on another world.” Match replied.

An anthromorphic shrew wearing lederhosen walked into the room and whispered something to Skinhead and handed him a piece of paper before walking out of the room.

“What did the little rat want?” Biff asked.

“Supposedly some strange looking aircraft was spotted in O-Town’s skies. It’d be something that the walking oil slick would want to know about.” Match said.

Just then Armus came oozing in his liquid state through a crack in the door. It formed into its humanoid shape before concentrating with its mind.

Match let out a scream as if he’d been touched with acid all over his body as Armus stood before him.

“You would best mind your tongue...” Armus replied, “Walking Oil Slick indeed.”

“So what was this about the strange aircraft?” Armus asked.

“One of the guys said they saw some strange looking airplane.” Skinhead replied, “It had this symbol drawn on it.”

Match was still screaming in pain when Armus glanced at the drawing in Skinhead’s hands. Armus growled, “So they’re here.”

“Who’s they?” Biff said, “And release Match. I apologize for his conduct but I need him for this operation.”

“As you wish.” Armus said and released Match.

Match fell down on all fours, cowboy hat and match on the ground as he gasped in pain. His face was flush and sweat covered his face and soaked his hair.

“They are the Federation. The same people that left me marooned on Vagra II for over a decade. I shall be interested in revenge...” Armus replied, “But first we must have that flux capacitor.”

“I’ve got 3-D and some of those Sausage Cult guys looking for it.” Biff replied.

“Good.” Armus replied as it left the room.

“Alright. Skinhead. You take care of McFly. Match, you go see about those Federation bozos.” Biff said.

“Yes boss.” Match said as he picked up his cowboy hat and match.

Skinhead headed out of the room too. There was no way he was gonna betray Biff or Armus after what he saw the latter do to Match. He’d follow his orders and do it well. Because he was a professional, through and through.

---

To be continued...

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  10. crohnie

crohnie Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Argh I want more! Keep em coming.

Biff's henchmen were bumbling fools in the movies... but with Armus... who know's?

Poor Harry, is going to almost die like in a lot of Voyager episodes? :)

11. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

Believe me I thought of killing him off at this scene.

Yes they were, but I figure they learned something, albeit slowly, from their last encounters with Marty and Doc.

Worry not dear brother, more is coming...

12. fleetcaptain

fleetcaptain Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Finally caught up. Glad to see you have the Elite Force characters in your story. About time someone bring them into play. Been waiting for them to pop up in a fan fic at least since I know they wouldn't pop up in the books right now.

13. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

O-Town, Part III

O-Town, Part III

“Also agreed.” Doc said, “We’ve got to find that flux capacitor and get a hold of Marty before the universe as we know it is altered.”

“Let me talk to another member of my team to straighten things out.” Tom said as he headed to the Delta Flyer.

“Alright.” Doc replied as Tom headed into the Delta Flyer

“Is he always high strung?” Celes observed.

“It’s one of his little eccentricities.” Clara replied, “What about you, Celes are you married?”

“No.” Celes replied with a mild blush at the question, “And please call me Tal.”

“OK, Tal.” Clara said, “But why would you want me to call you by your last name?”

“It’s my first actually.” Tal replied. At Clara’s quizzical look Celes added, “It’s a Bajoran tradition. Our first name is where humans place the last name and our family name is where humans place the first.”

“Oh yes. I remember Emmett telling me about some cultures of Earth’s Orient have similar traditions with their names.” Clara replied.

Based on the data that Dr. Brown had given her about the flux capacitor, Celes was modifying her tricorder to detect it. She could see Henry and Doc near the front end of the Jules Verne Train talking about something that she couldn’t quite make out.

“So what about you and Henry?” Clara asked.

“We’re just friends.” Tal replied.

“I would have guessed you were something more.” Clara replied, “He certainly can be protective of you.”

“He can be.” Celes replied.

“I can tell he cares for you deeply.” Clara replied.

“Do you really think so?” Celes asked as she finished her final adjustments to her tricorder.

“Yes.” Clara replied, “Though why he doesn’t say anything is beyond me.”

Meanwhile Doc and Henry were talking about the DeLorean.

“So you’ve got a sensor that can locate where the DeLorean is?” Henry asked.

“Precisely. I have placed a tracking beacon into all of the Institute’s time traveling vehicles in case this sort of situation were to occur.” Doc replied.

“So its reasonable where they have the DeLorean they have Marty.” Henry concluded.

“It’s a logical conclusion, yes.” Doc Brown replied.

They were interrupted just then by the sound of an engine and the subsequent sound of something wrong with it.

“Where are you going?” Brown asked as he heard Henry clomping into the underbrush towards the road.

“Someone’s in trouble.” Henry replied.

“Jumping gigawatts! You can’t let the people of this world see you or the advanced technology you wield!” Dr. Brown replied.

“For Christ’s Sake. I’m Search and Rescue Operative. I have to help people in any danger. If anything else.” Henry replied.

Celes heard the commotion and she and Clara headed over to where Doc was trying to chase Henry down as the latter crashed through the bushes.

“Henry! Wait.” Celes replied, “What’s going on?”

“There was an engine that just stalled. For all I know it could be an accident and someone could be needing help.” Henry replied.

“Henry. The Prime Directive...” Celes began.

“Yes. I know about the directive. But there could be injured people out there and I’ll be damned if I let anyone suffer.” Henry replied.

“Henry at least try and disguise yourself.” Celes replied.

“Here take my coat.” Emmett replied and handed Henry his long duster coat.

Henry draped the coat over his shoulders before heading out of the treeline towards the road. A small red compact automobile was stalled out beside the road.

The hood was popped open as an anthromorphic wallaby wearing shoes and a blue collared shirt with purple triangles on it was peering down the hood.

“Oh blazes! Stupid car....”

“Need a hand mate?” came a shout.

Rocko just about jumped and banged his head on the metal hood of the car.

He noticed a human wearing a long coat over a black suit that had a teal band at the shoulders with a gray turtleneck underneath it.

“Sure.” Rocko replied.

Henry put out a hand, “Henry.”

Rocko put a hand out, “Rocko.”

“What seems to be the problem?” Henry asked.

“Where to begin.” Rocko began, “First one of my friends fell in with this sausage worshiping crowd, and now they’re holding him captive...”

“Sausage worshiping crowd?” Henry replied.

“Long story.” Rocko replied, “And they’re holding him captive and what’s more my car stalled. And then this jerk with tacky sunglasses nearly ran me off the road...”

“Where’d he come from?” Henry asked, recalling a description given by Doc Brown of members of Biff’s gang.

“I don’t know. I think he came from up the road where that sausage crowd lived at.” Rocko replied.

Meanwhile Emmett, Clara, and Celes were hiding in the nearby underbrush. Thankfully Henry had enough foresight to keep an open com link with Celes.

“3-D. Great Scott!” Emmett began.

“3-D?” Celes asked.

“One of Biff Tannen’s gang.” Clara replied.

“So it sounds like this sausage worshiping cult has fallen in with Biff’s gang and Armus.” Celes replied, “And wherever they are is where the Delorean is.”

Through the com link they could hear Henry talk to Rocko some more.

“So where is this sausage worshiping cult hold court?” Henry asked.

“It’s about seven miles up the road in that direction.” Rocko said as he pointed to the north east.

As they spoke Doc Brown checked his tracking device which confirmed the DeLorean’s location. “Celes, can you tell if the flux capacitor is anywhere near?”

“No. Unfortunately my tricorder modification only gives me a 2.5 kilometer radius of information.” Celes replied.

“We have a location.” Brown said, “Now all we need is more information on this cult.”

“I’ve gotta let Tom know.” Celes replied and tapped her com badge, “Celes to Ensign Paris, I’ve got an open com link with Lieutenant Kano who’s talking to a local about the DeLorean and Biff. Patching it through now.”

“Acknowledged, thanks Celes.” Tom replied.

Meanwhile Henry was talking with Rocko, “I’m admittedly not a mechanic, mate, but I’ve got a friend of mine who could be of some help.”

Henry gestured towards the treeline and reluctantly Rocko followed.

“Damn! Don’t bring him here!” Emmett said looking like he was about to explode.

Celes tapped her com badge, “Tom can you come over here...now.”

---

“So let me get this straight.” Dalby began, as he came out of the small rear compartment where he was fixing another system, “We’re going to help these people who have some time traveling machines. They have this Institute of Future Technology which makes these things. And one of these time machines went missing. Some very nasty characters are in cahoots with this walking oil slick from Enterprise-D’s past and we’ve agreed to help this Doc Brown find his time machine?”

“More or less.” Tom replied.

Just then Tom’s com badge chittered, “Tom can you come over here...now.”

Concerned with the urgent tone in her voice Tom said, “On my way.”
    He heard Henry talking with this Rocko character some more. Something about someone handy with cars.

“That’s my cue.” Tom said as he headed out to the clearing where Henry was about to lead Rocko to the Delta Flyer.

He headed over to the anthromorphic wallaby right when Henry introduced him.

“Rocko, this is Tom, our expert on automobiles.” Henry replied.

“Thanks.” Rocko replied as Tom poked his head inside.

“Ah...here’s the problem. It sounds like your carburetor’s having some issues.” Tom said as he poked his head inside there.

For another half hour or so Tom was making adjustments before saying, “Try it now.”

Rocko started the engine and it chugged to life. “Thank you.”

“Wait, what can you tell us about this sausage cult?” Tom asked Rocko.

“How do you know about that?” Rocko asked.

“Let’s say I have my ways.” Tom replied.

“They convinced my best friend to join their cult when he was just out looking for a meal. And now he’s being held captive by the sausage people and its all my fault.” Rocko replied.

“Those sausage people have a friend of ours too.” Tom replied, “We might just have a common enemy here. And we might be able to be of some help. If you want it that is...”

“Of course.” Rocko said, “Is there something you want in return...”

“No. Just your help with dealing with this sausage cult.” Tom replied.

Rocko watched in amazement as Tom tapped the strange looking brooch on his shirt, “Guys, lets go have a chat with our friend Rocko here.”

From out of the trees Rocko saw four more people emerge. The first was a wild eyed fellow with long-ish white hair, the second was a brown haired woman in a purple dress, then there were two others dressed kind of like Tom and Henry. The first of the two strangers was a young man who wore a uniform identical to Henry’s. The second was a woman with a few ridges on her nose and the band of color at her shoulders was gold and not red or teal like Henry or Tom.

“Rocko, my friends. This is Doctor Emmett Brown and his wife, Clara. And the other two are Crewman William Telfer and Crewman Celes Tal.” Tom said.

“Blimey.” Rocko blinked twice as he regarded the lot of them, “So where do you come from?”

“It’s sort of a long story.” Tom replied and began to explain. He paused occasionally to let Rocko grasp the explanation and let things sink in.

“So you four...” Rocko said as he indicated Tom, Henry, Celes and Telfer, “Are part of some Federation Starfleet and you were stranded in some distant part of your galaxy.”

“That’s right.” Telfer replied.

“And you are part of an institute that studies future technology by means of time travel and recently have become aware of other dimensions.” Rocko said, indicating Emmett and Clara, “And a friend of yours is missing and being held captive by these sausage people that have Heff...”

“And these sausage people have joined forces with bad guys from both of your worlds. To include a walking oil slick that’s a second skin of pure evil from your world...” Rocko said and indicated the Starfleet group before pointing to Clara and Doc Brown, “...and the other a corrupt industrialist from an alternate version of your world?”

“Precisely!” Doc Brown said with another wild gesture.

“Oh boy...” Rocko said and promptly fainted....

---

To be continued...Up next, the plan to rescue Heffer, Marty and the Delorean and the race to find the flux capacitor before 3-D.

14. mirandafave

The other universe characters do continue to throw me but I must say I really do like the Starfleet/Voyager parts. The engineering battle and Torres' defence of it physically and from an engineering smarts way too protecting the warp core. Neato. And great to Ayala in action in the corridor gunfights. Oh and for a moment there I thought you'd killed Kim!

15. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

Believe me, killing him off had crossed my mind. Weird I'm Asian and I don't like Harry Kim...

I figured that was needed and I wanted to give the main characters some play in my fic, in addition to the stranded away team. I just had the mental image of Torres swinging a wrench as a club when I saw Infinite Regress a while ago.

I figure our resident Brazilian needed some action in the storyline.

16. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

O-Town, Part IV

O-Town, Part IV
    “He’s waking up.” Celes said as she saw Rocko start to wake up.

“W-what happened?” Rocko asked.

“We told you exactly who we were and where you came from and you passed out.” Tom replied gently.

“It just feels so overwhelming. I mean that other worlds exist.” Rocko replied.

“Believe me it’s just as overwhelming for us.” Tom added.

“So you’ll help me save Heffer?” Rocko asked.

“Of course.” Tom replied, “Remember those Sausage guys are holding their colleague and their DeLorean too?”

“Yes.” Rocko said.

“We’re willing to help.” Tom said, “That is if you’re willing to let us.”

“Of course.” Rocko said, “Let me call a friend of mine...”

Rocko reached into his shirt pocket and pulled out a cell phone and made his call to someone called Filburt. “My friend will be meeting me here, if it’s alright...”

Tom replied, “Sure. Who should we look for?”

“Just look for a turtle with glasses.” Rocko said, “Would it be easier if I met him at my car and explained it to him.”

“If you’ll let one of my team accompany you.” Tom replied.

“We’ll probably need to explain this a bit slower to prevent fainting.” Dalby commented.

“Clearly we’ll also need someone who’s of a more diplomatic bend.” Henry remarked.

“You just volunteered.” Tom replied.

“Right.” Henry replied as he headed out to the road with Rocko.

After about twenty minutes of waiting a small sedan pulled up to where Rocko’s car was parked. An anthromorphic turtle wearing glasses walked out of the vehicle and headed to where Rocko was.

“You called, Rocko?” Filburt replied.

“Yes Filburt.” Rocko said, before introducing Henry, “This is Henry Kano and I’ve got a bit of a long story for you...”

Rocko explained to Filburt the exact circumstances of what had happened.

“That explains a lot.” Filburt said, “That would explain why you don’t seem to be from around here. I’d always figured other worlds existed. But I never thought I’d ever see any proof.”

“Well you’re about to see more proof, mate.” Henry replied as he and Rocko led Filburt towards the wooded clearing where the Jules Verne Train and the Delta Flyer were landed.

As they walked Henry could hear snippets of conversation as they talked.

“Now Heff’s being held captive by the sausage people and it’s all my fault.” Rocko said.

“There there.” Filburt said sympathetically, “It can happen to anyone. Sausages are very seductive...”

What a strange bloody world. Henry thought. Anthromorphic talking Earth animals with roughly a 20th century level of technology.

Henry lead them into the Delta Flyer.

“Guys, this is Filburt. He’s Rocko’s friend.” Henry began as he indicated the small group sitting in various seats around the Flyer.

He pointed towards the pilot seat and said, “That’s Ensign Tom Paris, our pilot and mission commander.”

Henry pointed out a young woman with a ridged nose with some sort of scanning device in her hands, “This is Crewman Tal Celes, our sensor expert.”

Celes looked up and gave a somewhat friendly grin. Henry knew her well enough to know Celes was trying to be hospitable but she was definitely wary.

There was a young man with the same blue uniform that Henry was wearing. He was checking out something on a computer terminal.

“Crewman William Telfer, he’s our team science expert.” Henry supplied.

There was a balding fellow wearing the same black uniform with a gold band that Celes was wearing. His sleeves were rolled up and he was muttering something about repair work.

“That’s Petty Officer Kenneth Dalby, our engineer.” Henry reply.

Henry then indicated an older gentleman with wild eyes and a rather animated matter of speaking, “This is Dr. Emmett Brown of the Institute of Future Technology.”

He indicated the dark haired woman at his side and said, “And this is Mrs. Clara Clayton Brown, his wife.”

“Now that introductions are finished,” Tom replied, “it sounds like we’ve got a mutual enemy in terms of this sausage worshiping cult. But what you don’t know is that they’ve fallen in with some very nasty characters from our universe as well as from Doctor Brown’s. Telfer, call up the display on Armus.”

A holographic projection of a humanoid walking oil slick showed up on a nearby monitor, “This guy is a real bad actor.”

“One question, have their been reports of any unusual disappearances or strange creatures roaming around?” Emmett asked Filburt and Rocko.

“Come to think of it there was a strange animal captured by animal control last week.” Rocko said, “It was described to be all black with antennae and glowing yellow eyes...”

“That’s a Heartless.” Emmett said, “”Based on what I’ve recently learned. It seems that the Heartless are under the sway of Armus. And he’s aligned himself with this particular bad apple...”

Telfer called up an image of Biff Tannen and Emmett continued, “This is Biff Tannen, the CEO of BiffCo. And this gang of miscreants...”

As he spoke Telfer put an image of Match, Skinhead, and 3-D, “Are his bodyguards and enforcers. Their names are Match, Skinhead, and 3-D. It’s important that we stop them or the multiverse as we know it could be inextricably altered!”

“That’s where your goals and ours coincide. We want to rescue their colleague, Marty and recover the DeLorean.” Tom replied.

“There’s still the matter of the flux capacitor too.” Henry added, “We still need to locate that thing before Biff and Armus do.”

“True.” Tom replied, before turning to Celes, “How’s the tricorder modification coming?”

“I still can’t get it to go past a 2.5 km radius. At most we’ll be able to detect the Flux Capacitor at 3 km.” Celes replied.

“We’ll need to narrow the search parameters down some. Celes, are you sure you can’t widen the scan radius?” Tom asked.

“Not without causing multiple false positives. Believe me I’ve tried.” Celes replied.

“We can start at Marty’s last coordinates and work our way around.” Henry suggested.

“Good idea. You just volunteered to lead the flux capacitor team.” Tom replied.

“Right. Tal, you and Billy are with me.” Henry replied.

“I’ll go with them.” Clara began.

“Absolutely not!” Emmett replied, “It’s too dangerous.”

“And letting Armus and the Heartless overrun the multiverse isn’t. We’re all in danger here, Emmett.” Clara protested.

“I see your point Clara. I’m just worried.” Emmett replied.

“Good. That’s settled.” Henry replied, “Now we’ve got to get into that sausage facility.”

“Rocko, do you remember anything about that facility?” Tom asked.

“Nothing especially. All I saw was the high wall and front gate.” Rocko said.

“There’s gotta be a way to get inside.” Emmett replied.

“We could just use the Flyer’s phaser array.” Dalby said, “A blast could level that gate easily.”

“And possibly kill hostages. We don’t know where they are.” Tom replied.

“We do have sensors.” Dalby suggested as he poked his head from out of a panel.

“But Armus has the ability to block them with the fields he can generate. He can also block transporters and communications.” Telfer added as he scanned his PADD.

“True. Directly confronting Armus in that compound isn’t an option. But maybe distracting him is, with a jucier target.” Henry replied, “But that’s about as far as my thinking’s taking me.”

“Kano you’re a genius!” Tom remarked.

“What?” Henry asked.

“Armus wants revenge against the Federation for trapping him on Vagra II. So we’re gonna give him what he wants...” Tom replied, “We’ll overfly the compound with a holographic decoy of the Delta Flyer.”

“If we keep the Flyer in flight, I might be able to transmit echoes of our engine signatures into the hologram by modifying one of the subspace transceivers.” Dalby replied, “It should be able to fool Armus into pursuit. Then we can get into the compound.”

“Now getting past all those cult members is another story.” Rocko said, “There’s gotta be a way...”

Filburt looked out the window and saw a billboard with the Sausage Works contact information on it. It was in the shape of a sausage, “There’s a way. It’ll take a few hours but we can make it work.”

“Get started. Come find us when you’re ready.” Tom said.

“I’ll get the team into the field to start looking for the Flux Capacitor.” Henry replied.

“When can you get going?” Tom asked.

“As soon as Celes finishes modifying the Flyer’s sensors.” Henry replied, “I figure if we can use the Flyer’s sensor array we can get a greater radius.”

“How accurate would it be?” Tom asked.

“It won’t be as accurate as the tricorder readings but it should be able to place us within ten kilometers of the flux capacitor.” Celes said.

“Once we’re in within range we can narrow it down with the tricorders.” Henry replied.

“Celes, how long will it take you to complete the sensor array modifications?” Tom asked.

“It should take me an hour or maybe an hour and a half.” Celes replied.

“Get started.” Tom said, “Dalby, give her a hand. Rocko, Filburt, meet us here when you’re ready to infiltrate the Sausage Works compound...”

“OK.” Rocko said as he and Filburt left the Delta Flyer and Celes and Dalby set to their modifications.

“Let’s hope this works.” Henry replied.

“For all our sakes. I hope it does.” Tom replied.

---

To be continued...Up next, executing the plan. Meanwhile Voyager endures more attacks by the Heartless...

17. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

O-Town, Part V

“Your leg should be fine, Ensign Wildman.” The Doctor said as he ran the osteo regenerator down Samantha Wildman’s right leg.

“Thank you Doctor.” Samantha replied.

Ensign Kim groaned slightly from the next biobed as Samantha cast a worried glance in his direction, “Will he be alright?”

“He sustained a serious loss of blood from those creatures that attacked him.” The Doctor said, “I’ve put him under sedation to heal.”

Captain Kathryn Janeway walked into Sickbay just then and said, “Report, Doctor.”

“I have fifteen wounded crewmen. Four, including Mr. Kim, seriously injured.” the Doctor replied.

“Keep me posted.” Janeway ordered as she passed the biobed where Lieutenant Nicoletti was gingerly sitting up.

“At ease lieutenant.” Janeway said, “How are you holding up?”

“I’m doing fine, ma’am.” Nicoletti replied.

“Hang in there. This isn’t over yet, but I’ll get us through it.” Janeway replied.

“Captain...” B’Elanna said as she sat up when Janeway approached her biobed.

“At ease B’Elanna.” Janeway replied, “How are you holding up?”

“I’ve felt better.” B’Elanna replied.

“Good job locking down Engineering.” Janeway replied.

“Thank you Captain.” B’Elanna replied.

Janeway headed over to the Doctor, “Keep me posted.”

“Yes Captain.” the Doctor replied before Janeway left Sickbay escorted by two security officers with phaser rifles.

As she walked down the corridors back to the bridge Chakotay came up to her.

“Report.” Janeway replied.

“Security teams are still sweeping the ship room by room for any more Heartless.” Chakotay began.

“Damage?” Janeway asked.

“So far no damage to any primary or secondary systems. Thank God B’Elanna was able to lock down Engineering the way she did and security responded as well as it did too.” Chakotay replied.

“Anything else?” Janeway replied.

“There appear to be several Heartless ships around the anomaly. Even if the Flyer does get back through it’s going to have to run a gauntlet.” Chakotay replied.

---

Marty McFly tossed and turned atop the hard wooden bench in his cell. There was no way in hell this would ever be a comfortable sleeping arrangement. Sore muscles, knots, and the fact that Biff and his crew and the walking oil slick were holding him captive all played a role in this.

He woke up just in time to hear voices outside the cell. He glanced outside to see two large anthromoprhic bulls in black leather dragging an anthromorphic steer between them, wearing the same German themed clothes the rest of those sausage worshiping weirdos that captured him wore. Yelling at the steer was an anthromorphic tick bird with white feathers.

“We don’t eat pizza here, brother. We don’t get tired of sausage. We love sausage! If you can’t love sausage as much as we do, you can go plow the sauerkraut field then!” the tickbird shouted.

The cell door was opened and the steer was shoved inside. Marty glanced at the steer. “Why are they throwing one of their guys in jail?”

“I didn’t conform to their ways. I got tired of sausage and they threw me in jail...” the steer said.

“Oh that sucks.” Marty remarked.

“That happened when this mean guy called Biff and his three goons and this weird walking oil slick showed up.” he said.

“Biff? Oh no. He must want to find the flux capacitor.” Marty said.

“The what?” the steer said.

“It’s a long story.” Marty replied, “Let’s just say it has a direct bearing on why I’m hear right now.” Marty replied.

“Oh...” the steer replied before he introduced himself, “My name’s Heffer.”

“Marty.” Marty replied.

It was then that the Match, sporting his trademark match and cowboy hat, flanked by the two massive bulls that had dragged Heffer into the cell, appeared. The cell door was opened and the bulls seized Marty before dragging him from the cell and locking it behind them after they left.

They dragged Marty through the detention facility till they took him to a small room. Sitting at a desk was Skinhead. Across from him was what looked like a dentist’s chair but had several different restraints in it. After Marty struggled fruitlessly for a few minutes the bulls strapped him in.

Match rose from the desk with a leather satchel under his left arm. He unrolled the satchel and several wicked looking instruments could be glimpsed. Marty gulped audibly.

“Now, Marty,” Skinhead started, “I’ve got a few questions for you as you might gather. They concern the time machine...”

“It might be a good idea to answer honestly, kid.” Match replied. He hoped Skinhead was only displaying those instruments and wasn’t going to use them.

Skinhead took a clear liquid from a bottle and poured it into a glass beaker. It smelled like some sort of acidic compound.

“I don’t know where the flux capacitor is...” Marty said.

Skinhead plugged in a soldering iron which began to glow white hot within a few minutes. “His left shoe.” Skinhead commanded.

Christ. What was this guy thinking? Was he seriously gonna do it? Match had done some illegal things in his time with Biff, ranging from small time jobs as a teenager to getting rid of the bodies of some of Biff’s opponents, namely one George McFly, but the idea of torturing someone. After what Armus had done to him...Match shuddered.

One of the bulls removed Marty’s left shoe and sock and Match promptly took the soldering iron and shoved it between Marty’s big toe and it’s neighbor. The stench of burning flesh filled the room and acrid electric smoke mixed in. The crackling and burning sound was accompanied by a loud scream of pain from Marty.

Match felt nausea coming on as Skinhead withdrew the soldering iron. Jesus. Was he seriously enjoying himself? Skinhead’s face took on a weirdly gleeful look.

“I really don’t want to make my friend here sick to the stomach.” Skinhead said, “So I ask again, where is the flux capacitor...”

“Go to hell you son of a...” Marty began before one of the bulls backhanded him.

“I was hoping you’d say that.” Skinhead said as he dipped a medicine dropper into the glass beaker and put a drop onto Marty’s burn, “Here’s a little salt in the wound.”

Marty let out another scream as drops of the caustic alkali compound touched his seared flesh.

“I ask again, where is the flux capacitor.” Skinhead said.

“Come on, answer him, it would mean a lot less pain for you kid...” Match replied.

“Look. I don’t know where the flux capacitor is.” Marty replied.

The soldering iron was shoved between the next two toes and more screaming could be heard.

The sound of a large object hitting the front gates could be heard just then...

“What’s that?” one of the bulls asked his buddy.

“Beats me.” the other replied.

---

“Paris to Team B.” came the voice over Celes’ commbadge.

“Celes here, go ahead.” Tal replied.

“I’ve isolated the flux capacitor to the following area.” Paris said, “I’m transmitting them to you now.”

“I’ve got it.” Celes replied, “Unfortunately it’s localized to a six kilometer radius.”

“Then we’ll have to split up.” Clara began.

“Forget it.” Henry replied.

“We could cover more ground that way.” Telfer suggested.

“Yeah but it’s also more dangerous out here. Safety in numbers and all.” Henry replied.

“Biff’s probably sent a search party looking for the Flux Capacitor too and finding it before they do is important.” Celes replied.

Henry mulled for a moment before saying, “Right. We’ll split up. Celes you go with Clara. Telfer you’re with me. We’ll keep an open commlink. If anything looks iffy I’ve pre-rigged an emergency beamout into the Delta Flyer.”

“Good idea.” Celes replied.

The two groups moved towards their respective search locations.

---

To be continued. Up next, the rescue attempt and the away team sustains a casualty...

18. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

Telfer and Kano moved through the reeds of the nearby bog when a energy blast narrowly missed hitting Telfer. Kano drew his hand phaser and blasted a nearby Heartless that appeared to have an energy weapon of some sort built into it’s right arm.

Another energy blast came their way and Telfer fired his own phaser. At the same time came a screeching noise as several Shadow Heartless came barreling towards Telfer and Kano.

“Pull back!” Henry replied, “I’ll cover you.”

“Right.” Telfer gulped and ran to behind a nearby rock as disruptor blasts singed near him. He took aim and started firing before shouting, “Cover!”

Henry barreled to the next bit of cover, a half fallen tree, while Telfer was keeping up a base of fire. He took aim and took down a Soldier Heartless with a single energy blast. Another disruptor blast ripped by him.

“Telfer! Run!” Henry shouted.

Telfer stood back up and ran pell mell past the fallen tree. He could feel claw swipes as Heartless came up behind him, pursuing him. He could feel the heat as disruptor blasts burned past him. He could see Henry’s phaser blasts and even feel the residual heat coming by from those blasts. As he got to a half rusted car he could see Henry firing his last couple shots. The SAR operative was one hell of a marksman with a sidearm. Kano’s first shot downed a Soldier Heartless was pursuing Telfer, his second drilled a hole through one disruptor firing Soldier Heartless that only showed a chunk of it’s head from behind a fallen tree.

---

As they moved through the higher ground near the river Celes could hear the sound of phaser fire and fighting.

“It sounds bad.” Clara said, “Should we help?”

“We’ve gotta find the Flux Capacitor.” Celes replied, “Besides I can’t really imagine anything getting the better of Henry and we’re closer to the flux capacitor.”

“How far?” Clara asked.

“About half a kilometer.” Celes replied as she felt jubilance running through her.

Just then a voice sounded and the click of the hammer of a semiautomatic could be heard, “Good take me to it then.”

“I know that voice.” Clara replied and then cognition struck her features, “3-D!”

“In the flesh.” 3-D replied.

Celes’ mind raced. What could she do? She couldn’t go for her phaser. 3-D had the drop too solidly on them.

“Don’t even think about reaching for the ray gun doll.” 3-D said, “Now toss it aside...”

3-D fired a shot at Celes’ feet. “Now!” 3-D ordered.

Celes did as she was told. Then she had a thought. Stall. She had to stall. Henry could probably double back and help them if she kept her head long enough and kept 3-D from killing either of them.

“Show me how this doohickey works so I can find the flux capacitor.” 3-D demanded and took a couple steps closer.

“I can’t.” Celes replied, trying desperately not to think about the gun pointed at her chest without much success, “I-it’s genetically encoded to its user...”

“Very well, take me to the flux capacitor.” 3-D began.

Clara watched the whole exchange. The second 3-D found out where the flux capacitor was she and Celes were expendable and he’d likely kill both of them. She waited until 3-D’s attention was almost entirely focused on Celes before shouting, “Tal! Run!”

3-D turned and aimed his weapon at Clara. Celes threw her entire bodyweight against 3-D, the sudden impact of her admittedly light weight nearly knocked 3-D to the ground. She was fighting him with the strength of desperation. 3-D back handed her with his free hand and Celes tasted blood and saw stars at the same time.

As they fought 3-D managed to turn the gun and squeezed the trigger. He heard a cry of pain and saw the woman fall to the ground. Not three seconds later an energy blast nearly took off his head as he turned and ran away.

The last thing Celes heard before she lost consciousness was phaser fire and Billy shouting, “No! You’ll hit Tal!”

---

As they rushed into the clearing Henry saw Tal hit the ground, her hands at her right side and blood pooling on the ground. Henry’s phaser was firing before he was consciously aware.

Telfer grabbed Kano’s right hand and said, “No! You’ll hit Tal!”

“I would not!” Henry replied, “And he’s getting away!”

3-D was running away and not looking back.

Henry dropped to one knee beside Tal, it didn’t look good. There was blood seeping from her right side from between her interlaced fingers. Her breathing was shallow as he scanned her with his tricorder.

“Christ!” Henry said, “Get the dermal regenerator out of the medkit! Hurry!”

Telfer complied and Henry ran the dermal regenerator around Celes’ wound. “Get the hypo and give me 20 cc’s of that inaprovaline compound.”

“Here.” Telfer said, worry creasing his features, “She’s gonna be alright? Isn’t she?”

“I can’t tell right now. I’ve got her stabilized but that’s the best I can do.” Henry replied, as he looked concernedly at Tal. Her eyes were half closed and he heard just a faint whisper of pain coming from her lips.

“Kano to Delta Flyer. Emergency Beam Out.” Henry said trying desperately to control the fear he felt the fear he would always feel when his patients had just been treated. The fear that despite all that he did that the patient wouldn’t make it. Now this was compounded by who the patient was.

Henry felt the familiar sensation of dematerializing and he saw Telfer and Celes dematerialize too. Several milliseconds later he found himself in the Delta Flyer. “Get her to the biobed, now!” Henry began.

As Tom flew the Flyer, Telfer assisted Henry in laying Tal onto the biobed. The scan revealed that the bullet had just narrowly missed tearing into Celes’ left lung, but there was tremendous damage to her intestines.

“We need to get Tal to a hospital.” Henry replied.

“We’ve got to get to Doc Brown and his team on the ground first.” Tom said as he sped towards the Sausage Works compound...

---

Meanwhile at the Sausage Works compound the sound of pounding could be heard. An anthromorphic monkey challenged the sound of the pounding.

“Who is it?” the sentry said.

“I am the Benevolent Bratwurst! Open these gates or I will destroy you!!!” came the voice.

“Fair enough.” The monkey said and opened the gates.

The Sausage cult members scattered in fear and ran from the large monstrosity that entered the compound.

Several of the cult members including their leader bowed before the towering thing.

“What do you want your exaltedness?” the anthromorphic tickbird asked.

“Bring me the cooow!!!” the thing replied.

Meanwhile inside the giant sausage, Rocko sat at the wheel of his car and drove it based on Filburt’s directions.
    “How was that?” Filburt asked.

“Great Filburt, keep it up!” Rocko said before asking, “Ready Doctor Brown?”

“Ready as I’ll ever be...” Brown replied as he jumped down from a hatch in the back of the giant sausage mounted atop Rocko’s car.

Meanwhile the door to the jail opened and the two large anthromorphic bulls dragged Heffer between them.

“No! Not that! Don’t feed me to that thing!!!” Heffer begged, “WAIT!!! AAGGHH!!!”

The jaws of the large sausage monster opened and Heffer landed solidly on the lower jaw. Unfortunately a large bolt fell from the jaw joint of the massive thing. Now Filburt was exposed to the crowd of sausage worshipers.

“Oh boy...” Filburt groaned.

“Fakes! Persecute the unbelievers!” The anthromorphic tick bird shouted.

Meanwhile Rocko wondered if Heffer was still onboard, “Filburt, are they still buying it? Fiburt?”

Rocko began to climb through the sunroof of his car only to see the tick bird standing before him swinging a bludgeon. WHAM!

That was the last sound Rocko heard before everything went dark.

---

Meanwhile Doc took advantage of the chaos to slip inside the compound. He could hear Marty screaming down the hall in the dungeon and tapped the communication device that the Starfleet people had given him.

“I’ve located Marty. He’s at these coordinates...beam us to the Delorean.” Doc said.

He felt that strange shimmering sensation as he and Marty were beamed away to the vehicle garage where the Delorean was stored.

As soon as he and Marty re-materialized onto the DeLorean and he saw the condition Marty was in he said, “Damn we need to get you to a hospital!”

Brown started the DeLorean and then sped away before going into hover mode and flying away from the compound.

Doc Brown tapped the comm badge that Tom had given him, “We’re away.”

“Acknowledged, I’m beaming the other three out of the compound now!” Tom replied.

“We’ve got to get to a hospital. I’ve got a wounded man onboard.” Doc Brown replied.

“We have a wounded crewman here. Meet us at the rendezvous coordinates and I’ll beam the flux capacitor into the DeLorean.” Tom replied.

Doc glanced over at Marty who was moaning in pain, “Hang in there Marty...” Doc Brown said as he headed for the rendezvous coordinates over Rocko’s house.

Doc could see the Delta Flyer and the Jules Verne Train waiting in a hover over Rocko’s house.

“Doc, I’ve beamed the flux capacitor back into the DeLorean.” Tom said, “But our crewman needs medical attention. Do you know where the nearest hospital is.”

“I know of another hospital, on a world with a technology level roughly similar to yours.” Doc replied.

“That’s good, but how can we get there unless we...hang on!” Tom said, “I’ll lock a tractor beam to you and the Jules Verne Train. Your combined momentum should be able to pull us onto that other world.”

“Right. Let me know when you’ve locked on...” Doc said.

“Standby. Locked.” Tom replied, “Tell me when you’re ready to go.”

“Anytime you and Clara are.” Doc replied.

“Emmett, this is Clara, I’m ready.”

“So are we.” Tom replied.

The three vehicles sped through the sky and then vanished as they displaced into another world...

---

Rocko woke up with a mild headache as he saw the insides of his own house. Filburt and Heffer were waking up too. He looked out the window and saw the Delta Flyer, DeLorean, and Jules Verne Train speed through the heavens and then disappear.

“Thank you guys.” Rocko said.

---

To be continued. Up next Celes and Marty undergo treatment on another world as Armus attacks...

19. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

X.S. Tech

X.S. Tech​

Disclaimer: I don’t own Voyager, Back to Future, or Disney’s ExtraTerrorestrial Alien Encounter which the world of X.S. Tech is based on. The character of Bishop was inspired by the movie Aliens.

---

“Where are we?” Tom asked Doc over the comm system of the Flyer as they began a hover.

“This is a reality where Earth has contact with a distant world called Planet X.” Doc explained as he brought the DeLorean down onto the landing pad, “Planet X has a corporation called X.S. Tech which is willing to sell technology, very advanced technology, to humanity. It’s level of technology appears to be roughly similar to what I’ve seen of your world so far.”

“Let’s hope they can help Tal.” Telfer remarked as he sat at his station. He glanced over towards Henry Kano. The Australian had barely said two words since they’d gotten Celes into the biobed and stabilized. Now he had a piece of metal and a laser torch in his hands.

“Are you alright?” Telfer asked.

“I’m fine.” Henry replied.

Telfer could see that the laser torch was making an edge on the piece of metal. The point at the end of the eight inch long blade was jagged and wicked looking, “That’s an interesting knife you’re making.” Telfer remarked.

Henry regarded him for a moment and said, “Yes, it is.”

The glowering look on Henry’s face was enough for Telfer to turn around and look back at his instruments.

Presently the Delta Flyer touched down and the hatch opened. Two men with a stretcher ran inside and placed Celes onto it before carrying her towards the large building near the landing pad.

“I’m going with them. I’ll meet you in a moment.” Henry said to Tom.

Two more men were carrying Marty in a stretcher and Clara went to accompany them while Emmett and Tom were negotiating with some of the X.S. Tech folks.

Kano walked alongside their group and Clara caught up with them. Her eyes were tearful as she said, “I’m so sorry, about Tal...i-if I hadn’t run he...”

“No need to apologize.” Henry replied, “You didn’t shoot her. 3-D did. And he’s going to have hell to pay should our paths ever cross.”

Clara gulped as she saw the wicked looking knife Kano was putting the finishing touches on, “And you’re gonna use that?”

“Yes.” Henry replied, squinting in the harsh sunlight as he glanced at Celes lying unconscious on the stretcher, dried blood caking around her gunshot wound, “Revenge is always up close and personal. I can’t think of a more up close and personal tool of revenge than the knife.”

Clara felt a chill cross over her with the menacing air that seemed to emanate from Kano together with the undeniably deadly tone in his voice.
    “For what it’s worth.” Clara said as they walked along, “I’m sorry. If I hadn’t run, 3-D wouldn’t have tried to kill me. If 3-D hadn’t tried to kill me, Tal wouldn’t have taken that bullet.”

“Like I said, you didn’t shoot her. There’s no reason to be sorry.” Henry replied as they walked into the medical lab.

Clara glanced at Henry as he regarded the surgical equipment and all the other accouterments. “It looks roughly akin to our level of medical technology.”

He had put the knife and the laser torch away and was scanning with a medical tricorder. Clara noticed Henry’s gaze would wander from his scanning device to the surroundings of the large, brightly lit room to the area where Celes and Marty were being put.

A human with a pale complexion, pale blue eyes and tousled brown hair wearing a plain blue jumpsuit approached them. “Please place your scanning implement away. This is state of the art medical technology and it’s likely our competitors might want it.”

“I can assure you, mate, I’m not one of your competitors. I need to see whether any of this equipment is suitable to treat my crewmember.” Kano replied, “Who the bloody hell are you?”

“And I can assure you as chief surgeon of this facility that your crewman is in good hands.” the man replied, “I am Bishop, the chief medical officer of the Interplanetary Convention Center Medical Facility.”

“Right.” Henry replied as he pointed his tricorder at a couple diagnostic tables, “Roughly akin to our biobeds.”

“This is the X-178 Diagnostic and Treatment Table, its computers contain the files on any known lifeform.” Bishop moved swiftly as two humanoid robots headed towards the bed.

Bishop’s brow furrowed as he glanced at Celes, “Gunshot wound?”

“Yes.” Henry replied.

One of the robots chittered at Bishop. “XMD-1 has never encountered anything like your crewman’s species before.”

Henry handed Bishop his tricorder, “Can you interface your technology with my tricorder. I can download the results from Celes’ last physical onto it for comparison and assist with the Bajoran anatomy.”

“I appreciate it, but it will not be necessary.” Bishop said.

“Why is that?” Henry asked.

“My wireless modem is already uplinked to your tricorder instrument and is downloading the data on one Celes Tal, female, Bajoran...” Bishop said.

“Crikey you’re an android?” Henry asked.

“Affirmative. I am an X.S. Tech Medical Android Series Eight.” Bishop replied as he glanced over Celes and Marty.

“Prep this one for surgery.” Bishop said to the XMD-1 droid.

A narrow cutting beam like a low intensity laser scalpel began to cut away at Celes’ clothing as another attachment from the X-178 Diagnostic and Treatment Table came down to scan the area of her wound. Bishop began minding a readout.

“Are you Celes’ primary caregiver?” Bishop asked as his eyes moved with android speed at the various maps of the Bajoran anatomical system.

“Not exactly. Ours is a bit out of contact. Why?” Henry asked.

“Just a matter of formality.” Bishop said, “I want to know the being I’ll be addressing my report to. Who was the medic who performed the initial treatment?”

“I was.” Henry replied.

“You did a good job of stopping the bleeding.” Bishop began.

“Thanks.” Henry replied as he watch the XMD-1 at work. Its optical scanners were working as it mapped Tal’s insides.

Bishop tapped at the interface of his computer and showed the scans from Celes’ last medical examination.

“The bullet narrowly missed hitting her right lung but arced towards her stomach and large intestine causing some serious damage there. I’ve found evidence of severe internal bleeding. Are you rated to treat it?” Bishop asked.

“No. I stabilized her and performed the initial scans.” Henry replied.

“I am starting operative procedures now.” Bishop said.

“Can I assist?” Henry replied.

“Your assistance will not be necessary.” Bishop replied, “There is a small café near the operating room if you desire nourishment. I will contact you with my prognosis.”

“What’s your intial prognosis?” Henry asked.

“While you did an excellent job of initial treatment and stabilization and I can treat her physical injuries I’m not certain about her comatose state.” Bishop replied, “There is a distinct probability that she could die during surgery.”

Henry reluctantly left the operating area and saw Marty sitting upright on a biobed with his left foot and lower third of his left leg covered by an arch of some sort.

“They’re treating the burns on his leg from the soldering iron and the acid.” Clara said, and asked, “What about Tal?”

“Bishop says there’s a chance we might lose her during surgery.” Henry said voice struggling to control the emotion inside.

If Clara had any doubts as to Henry’s feelings for Tal they no longer existed. “You can’t do anything more by just hanging around here and you’ll worry yourself sick. Let’s get something to eat, I’m famished.” Clara said.

Henry followed her to the small café and said once more, “I’ve got a promise to make. And I swear that the next time I see 3D I will kill him for this.”

Clara hoped that Henry was just venting but there was definitely something about his statement that said he was dead serious. As much as she thought 3D was scum she found the concept of killing him out of revenge to be unpalatable.

---

“We will treat your injured crewmen.” the bald green skin humanoid male replied, “But there is a matter of payment.”

Tom said, “We have information on a new threat, its what injured our crewman.”

“A projectile weapon?” the alien replied.

“The person that shot my crew member was part of a gang of thugs led by an individual known as Biff Tannen.” Tom replied, “And he was aligned with a being known as Armus.”

“Armus?” The humanoid male replied.

“I’ve got all the information on the threat and an assessment on it. Will that be sufficient payment?” Tom asked as he sent some information from his PADD to the alien’s computer.

“Just what are these Heartless and what threat do they pose?” the alien replied.

“They pose a tremendous threat to the space-time continuum!” Doc Brown interjected as he stood up from his chair on his side of the oval table where he, Tom Paris, and William Telfer sat opposite the strange green alien.

“Very well. The information should be a sufficient down payment. I will assess what further compensation we require later.” The alien said as he stood up and showed Tom and company out of the room.

The three of them joined Kenneth Dalby in the lobby of the building they now knew as the Interplanetary Convention Center, hosting a large demonstration team for the technology of X.S. Tech.

“From what I’ve seen around here, sir, it looks like they’ve got roughly our level of technology.” Dalby replied, “They seem more advanced in the area of A.I., however. I’ve seen a few androids roaming around here.”

Just then Tom’s comm badge chittered, “Kano to Paris.”

Tom tapped his comm badge and said, “Paris here.”

“Marty’s starting recovery. He should be on his feet by the end of the day. Celes is a different story. She’s in surgery right now and it could be a few hours.” Henry began, “I’ll know after she’s come out of the procedure.”

Telfer put his face in his hands as he sat down on a bench, God he felt so sick. Was Tal going to be alright? How bad was she of?

“Hey.” Tom said, “Are you alright?”

“I’m just worried sir. Any idea about Tal?” Telfer asked as he looked up.

“I don’t know. Lieutenant Kano’s keeping an eye on her status. He’ll let us know if anything changes.” Tom replied, “As soon as she’s out of surgery we’ll head over there.”

It wasn’t much, but it was all Tom could do. He felt horrible. Celes was Telfer’s best friend as well as Kano’s and there was that rumor that he felt something more about her than simple friendship. Poor guy this had to be tearing him apart, especially if he did have unexpressed or unrequited feelings for Celes.

Meanwhile they watched a video where an alien male of a similar species to their host was speaking, “I am Chairman Clench, Chief Executive Officer of X.S. Tech. From our humble beginnings as a single manufacturing plant on Planet X we expanded into interstellar travel, cybernetics, biotechnology and spaceborne defense. From those humble beginnings we always kept our mind on one saying, ‘Seize the Future with X.S.’ One of our probes recently discovered your planet and we saw the opportunity to help a less technologically advanced race. Profit is simply a sideffect we have learned to deal with. And if it can’t be done with X.S. it shouldn’t be done at all...”

“Nice cross between the Ferengi and the Borg.” Dalby joked as they walked about the displays.

---

Up next a demonstration of X.S. Tech’s technology goes horribly wrong at the same time that Armus and company attack the Interplanetary Convention Center.

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  20. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

X.S. Tech, Part II

X.S. Tech, Part II​

---

“So when did you realize how you felt about Tal?” Clara asked, as they sat together in the small café outside the infirmary, “If you don’t mind me asking.”

“It’s difficult to say.” Henry replied, “I’d always liked her since I met her. She was the sort of girl I’d always liked. The cute girl next door sort of girl.”

Tom headed over their way with Dalby and Telfer in tow and Henry and Clara turned and rose to meet them.

“What’s the prognosis on Celes?” Tom asked.

“She’s still in surgery. Bishop said he’d come out and let us know.” Henry replied.

“Who’s Bishop?” Tom asked.

“He’s the chief surgeon of this facility.” Henry replied.

“That is correct.” came a voice as Bishop came striding over to them.

Before Tom could speak Henry asked, “Status?”

“She’s stable now but still in a comatose state.” Bishop replied.

“Can we see her?” Henry replied.

“Of course.” Bishop said as he led the way into the infirmary’s intensive care unit.

Tal Celes lay on her back in a biobed. The sound of her breathing, steady. Her eyes were closed and she was clad in a hospital gown. A thermal blanket covered her from the shoulders down to her toes. There were various displays around the biobed that displayed her respiration, heart rate, and brain activity.

“What’s your initial prognosis?” Henry asked his gaze flickering between Celes and Bishop.

“I extracted a chemically propelled lead slug, nine millimeter, which expanded to eleven point seven two centimeters inside her body. The bullet narrowly missed hitting her right lung but did some severe damage to her large intestine. I found that she was also bleeding internally as the result of that same bullet.” Bishop began, “I extracted the slug with minimal trauma to the surrounding tissue. She was lucky that the round did not expand any more than intended by its design. Had that been the case...”

“I get the idea.” Paris said, “What about recovery?”

“It’s too early to make that prognosis.” Bishop began, “I’ve done everything I can to repair the damage she’s endured. She’s presently in stasis right now to facilitate faster healing. I will bring her out of that stasis within the next eight hours. After that she should regain consciousness.”

“Should?” Telfer asked.

“Yes. Should.” Bishop replied.

“What do you mean by should?” Henry demanded.

“I meant that the enforced stasis treatments should assist in her body’s recover but as far as regaining consciousness right now it is too early to say.” Bishop said, “My database suggests inconclusive evidence that comatose sentients do possibly hear the words of those speaking to them. I allow visiting hours and perhaps members of your party could spend some time with her.”

“Were you programmed with a bedside manner?” Tom asked.

“In a manner of speaking, yes.” Bishop replied, “In fact my appearance and those of my particular model number were designed to appear and act human to put patients at ease.”

Clara put a hand on Henry’s shoulder and said, “You know Bishop is right, we don’t know exactly what a comatose person hears. It might help her with recovery.”

“I’ll take the first shift and see what I can learn about their medical technology as well.” Henry replied.

“Alright.” Tom replied, “We’ll look and see what we can find out about their technology as well.”

“Tom.” Doc Brown said, “It’s quite conceivable that Biff and Armus know about this particular world and likely have followed us here.”

“That technology that they have around here might be something they’d want to steal.” Dalby replied, “I think if we check on what technology they might want to steal and come up with a way to help them defend themselves against the Heartless they might be willing to help us get home. I found something that could possibly get us home. I saw a flyer for some sort of interstellar transporter technology. If I can figure out how it works I might be able to transport us back to Voyager.”

“Worth looking into.” Henry replied.

“Dalby, when’s that exhibition?” Tom asked.

“1600, about three hours from now.” Dalby replied.

“Alright. That gives us three hours to look around and learn what we can about their technology.” Tom replied.

“I’ll stay here with Henry and Celes.” Telfer replied, “I want to see what I can find out about their cybernetic technology. If they can create something as advanced as Bishop...”

“Understood.” Tom said as he and Dalby left the room.

---

Henry watched for a moment as Celes lay there. Her eyes were closed and her complexion a bit ashen. He didn’t want to look away, as if his gaze kept her heartbeat regular and her breathing rhythmic. If it weren’t for her complexion or the surroundings of the medical bay he would almost believe she was asleep.

He pulled a small chair beside Celes’ biobed listening to the hum of the machinery that scanned her and that kept her alive and regulated her stasis.

“Tal, I really don’t know if you can hear me, but here it goes. I never got the chance to say this to you,” Henry began, “I’ve always cared for you. More than you know...”

Stasis felt so odd. Like she was in her body but not quite. It was like lucid dreaming. She could hear voices talking about her state of being. This Bishop character talking about her prognosis. Henry. Oh Prophets she could hear him. He definitely sounded angry and hurt in the same breath. He was swearing he would kill 3-D for what had happened.

The others had left the room but Billy was still there. She could hear him talking with Bishop for a while before they headed away. Only Henry remained. And by the sound of his voice it sounded like her injury had really affected him in a bad way. He was saying something about caring for her more than she knew.

Could it be true? Did he really feel something for her? Something more than friendship?

Henry continued to talk, “I can’t really figure out a way to say this, so I’m simply going to say it. I’m in love with you, Tal.” Henry replied.

Could it be? Could he really be feeling for her what she felt for him? Was it even conceivable that he had those feelings for her, more than those of a really good friend? Was it really so hard to believe that he had feelings for her?

Henry felt a lump rising in his throat, “My life just wouldn’t be the same without you. I want you to tell you all this with you awake and responding and able to tell me whether you feel the same way or to just bugger off.”

His eyes watched the even rise and fall of her chest. “If anything else happened to you I’ll never forgive myself.” Henry declared.

Meanwhile Telfer was pointing his tricorder at Bishop and making some preliminary scans. “Wow.” Telfer said.

“If you please, Mr. Telfer, kindly don’t point that scanning device at me. I know you’re not an X.S. Tech competitor, but the scanning does make me feel uncomfortable.” Bishop replied.

“Sorry.” Telfer replied, “It’s just you’re a lot more advanced than any android I’ve ever run across.”

“Androids are commonplace on your world?” Bishop asked.

“Not really. But the most advanced android I happen to know anything about is the Soong-type android, one of which serves Starfleet as an officer.” Telfer replied as he put the tricorder aside.

“Soong type android?” Bishop asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Compared to you, at least from my initial scans, he’s a data PADD.” Telfer replied, “Your synthetic flesh alone, with its texture and entirely human appearance is decades ahead of anything a Soong class has as covering.”

They moved towards the biobed where Celes was and Telfer gently asked, “Any changes?”

“Nothing.” Henry replied.

“Hey, mind giving us a bit of space.” Telfer said.

Henry nodded and headed off to do some thinking. He gazed at his comatose friend. Were it not for her ashen complexion and the various machines around her, the peaceful look on her face, closed eyes, and rhythmic breathing made it look as though Tal were just sleeping soundly.

“Tal, if you had any doubts about how Henry fells about you I hope they’re erased.” Telfer began, “I really want you to pull through. God it wouldn’t be the same on Voyager without you, my best friend.”

---

“Feeling better, Marty?” Clara asked.

“Much.” Marty said, “My foot feels a tad sluggish, though.”

“A natural consequence of the low grade stasis I put your lower leg through.” Bishop said as he walked into the ward, “I put Marty’s lower leg in a low grade stasis to facilitate faster recovery to the traumatized nerves and chemical burns on his foot.”

“How’s Tal?” Clara asked.

“Still no change to her condition, yet.” Bishop said.

“Who’s Tal?” Marty asked.

“Tal Celes. She’s one of the Starfleet people that helped rescue you.” Doc said, “She was shot saving Clara from 3D.”

“What about Marty?” Doc Brown asked.

“I expect him to make a full recovery. He should be on his feet tomorrow morning.” Bishop replied as he headed out of the room.

Henry Kano brushed past him and headed over to where Clara, Doc, and Marty were.

“Marty, this is Henry Kano, one of the Starfleet away team members.” Clara said.

“Charmed.” Henry replied without much enthusiasm as he extended a hand. Clara could see the man’s sunken eyes.

“Where are Tom and Kenneth?” Doc asked.

“They’re checking out some of the technology of X.S. Tech.” Henry replied, “I heard something about some technology, an Interstellar Teleporter of some sort.”

“Great Scott! If Biff learns anything about it he and Armus will be here any minute!” Doc Brown said.

---

Meanwhile Tom and Dalby were in an anteroom when a viewscreen suddenly came to life and a bald green skinned humanoid female appeared on the screen and began to speak, "Welcome to the universe of X-S. You are about to observe the latest scientific works brought to you by X-S Tech, the galaxy's leader in innovative high technology. But first, let me share with you the fascinating story of our company. We began many galactic years ago on a world quite distant from your own. From one small manufacturing plant we've grown into the largest consumer oriented research and development company in the universe. X-S Tech is number one in: Electro Robotics, Cryo Cybernetics, Techno Surveillance, Planetary Restructuring, Genetic Engineering, and Hyperspatial Transport. Here at X-S, helping others seize the future has always been our goal. It's a tradition handed down from our founders and carried on by current chairman, L.C. Clench."

“Chairman Clench. Helluva name.” Dalby smirked as a bald green skinned humanoid male walked onto the screen.

"We were, of course, extremely enthused when our market research probe discovered the Earth. A world with so many eager customers is always worth our greatest effort." Clench began.

“Huh. Sounds like a Ferengi.” Dalby smirked.

“I’ll have to agree with you there.” Tom replied.

The female alien appeared on the screen again, "And for today's demonstration, thousands of skilled X-S engineers have worked round-the-clock. We think you'll find our hard work well worth your while. After all ..."

The camera turned back towards Clench, ". . . If something can't be done with X-S, then it shouldn't be done at all. Now, I know some critics have implied that we are interested in the Earth soundly for commercial reasons, for . . . profit. But I believe we have an important obligation to help less fortunate planets upgrade their technology, profit is simply a by product we've learned to live with. So join with me now, won't you, and together we will seize the future with . . . X-S!"

The screen went dark and a loudspeaker sounded, “Please gather all belongings and proceed to the next room.”

“Well I guess Billy and Henry are gonna miss the show.” Tom remarked.

---

“3-D what kind of an idiot are you?” Biff began, before getting right into 3-D’s face and railing angrily at him, “I’ll tell you what kind. The sort of idiot who not only fails to find the flux capacitor once, but twice!”

“Perhaps I can make an example of this incompetent fool.” Armus said.

“I’ve got him.” Biff said, “3-D consider this a warning. Fail at an assignment like this again and you’re getting turned into a Heartless.”

“Y-yes boss...” 3-D replied.

“And don’t think I won’t do it too.” Biff replied.

“Boss, we might save something from all this yet.” 3-D said, “I put a tracking sensor on the DeLorean in case anything like this did occur.”

“OK genius. Where are they now?” Biff said.

“May I?” 3-D replied, indicating a computer.

“This better be good.” Biff replied.

3-D punched a few keys and it showed the DeLorean’s present location in yet another dimension. “Alright. We’re going to go to that dimension and take that flux capacitor and time machine from Doc Brown...”

---

To be continued. Up next the away team must deal not only with Biff and company and Armus with the Heartless, but also an unwanted visitor from deep space...