Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Maurice, Mar 12, 2013.

1. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

Coulda been worse. Could have been the Rockford Files and they threw in a "he's dead, Jim".

2. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

That last picture..Kelso had the same expression on his face when he was getting choked by the cable in WNMHGB

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

And the irony is, my very post on the subject was the one that turned the thread over to a new page for me, so no more Angelique. Ah, well.

4. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Started watching "Attack of the Puppet People" from 1958 last night and, hey, the mad scientist/dollmaker is none other than John Hoyt, aka Doctor Boyce.

5. FormerLurker

FormerLurker Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Greg, your description makes me wonder what the favorite film of the maker of "Puppet Master" is.

6. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Well, "Puppet People" was probably inspired, at least in part, by earlier films such as "Dr. Cyclops" and "The Devil Doll."

And I went to bed before finishing the movie, but I think I can see elements of "House of Wax" in it, too.

Gee, how does he make those astonishingly realistic dolls? You don't think he's actually shrinking real people, do you? :)

7. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Watching Dick Van Dyke tonight, and Ken Lynch (Devil in the Dark) showed up as a prison warden.

8. J.T.B.

J.T.B. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

An alien leader triple on a 1970 The Name of the Game the other night: Michael Ansara, Warren Stevens and David Opatoshu.

9. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Mannix time again! Season 7, "Desert Run"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Poor Mark Lenard. Did they even have a hairstylist on that show?

11. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

That was what passed for hair styling back then!

12. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

You know they'll be saying the same thing about our hairstyles in 40 years....

13. FormerLurker

FormerLurker Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In contemporary dramas, a lot of actors come out of the hair and makeup trailer with slight variations on their own hairstyle. Boggles the mind to realize that some of the actors here actually wore their hair that way off the set.

14. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

My current hairstyle is not unlike the one I had in the seventies. 40 years from now, it will probably be the same.

15. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Hell, in 1973, my hair was all over the place. Not quite shoulder-length, but it was long and naturally wavy. I had male friends who actually styled theirs and sprayed it. :vulcan:

16. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Here's me and my then-soon-to-be-and-still-is wife in 1978. My hair's about the same as it was all thru the 70s.
    [​IMG]

17. EnsignHarper

EnsignHarper Captain Captain

This really doesn't fit this thread, but in a way it does!

We are - hopefully - very aware of the idea that Gene R got the name 'Klingon' from a friend on the LAPD. A good number here also know that he got his start in show biz by selling Jack Webb story ideas from the LAPD files to Jack Webb when DRAGNET was new. And some of us might know that Webb occasionally used real names of LAPD officers in Dragnet episodes...probably cop buddies of his.

Sooo... I am watching DRAGNET 68 on Cozi this morning - the episode was "The Missing Realtor", the one where a woman realtor is strangled during a house showing - its the show where Webb used all African American actors for the supporting parts. Anyways, they bring the woman's boyfriend in, and give him a polygraph. And the Polygraph officer's name? Lt. W.L. Clingan. :klingon: Musta have watched that show a hundred times, and just noticed it today!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
    CRM-114 likes this.
  18. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

^That was a lot more relevant than my hair! :)

19. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

John Hoyt featured in a 1964 American International obomination called "The Time Travelers". Same year he made The Cage, presumably - from one pajama costume to another.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Oh - the Wall of Legs is because they're in a futuristic android factory in the year 2071.