The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i have the Enterprise A. never got around to picking up TOS Enterprise.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've heard nothing but great things from the rest of the ship's currently available...I'm planning on eventually getting the A as well. I'm sure the TOS Enterprise is right up there.

3. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just had a great idea for my next Avengers action figures party (after Easter). Cinco de Mayo! It would involve Hulk beating up a pinata...but first I have to find an action figure sized pinata. Or make one. Found a source for miniature margaritas, tequila bottles, and Corona beer bottles already. :evil:

4. Admiral_Young

I'm still waiting for Winter Solider to come and sweep 'Tasha off her feet :) It's okay...he and Clint are pals in the comics :)

5. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

I do. Actually I posted a picture of it here just the other day. And I love it. It is very well done and comes without the grid lines on the upper saucer. As a purist, I was shocked that DS got that detail correct. No one ever does. The only problem I had with it is the base is rather fragile.

To be honest I love their version of the TOS Enterprise so much I plan on buying the cutaway version DS is releasing in June.

6. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

yeah, Bucky is Tasha's real true love. :D

7. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

All of DST's ships have been great so far. I actually have two of the TOS Enterprises. Ironically, neither of them are the regular version of the ship (i.e. one with glowing nacelles). I have the "Cage" and "Where No Man Has Gone Before" versions. Both are pretty awesome. It just depends on which version of the ship you want. To date there have made:

Regular TOS Enterprise
    "The Cage"
    "Where No Man Has Gone Before"
    "Mirror Mirror" ISS Enterprise
    HD Enterprise (from the remastered series)

I know that they are planning to rerelease the HD Enterprise.

8. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I'd been sort of wondering if anybody had any plans on making an Enterprise based on the Remastered TOS. I wonder if it would cost more than the regular TOS ship based on the original shooting model.

9. Admiral_Young

I think that question has been posed to AA/Diamond Select before and they're sort of non committal in their response. They're basically keeping whatever ships they are planning a secret right now. Defiant for instance is a ship that fans have been clamouring for, but they refuse to confirm or deny it's in their plans right now.

10. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

The fact that a Defiant hasn't been made is nothing short of a travesty.

I was dinking around with Nom Anor a bit, and finally managed to get his cloak in a position that looks good:
    [​IMG]

11. cooleddie74

I'm liking it! Congrats on getting that annoying little cloak/cape thingy of his to look halfway presentable. Not everyone can pull that off based on the stories I read.

Tom Sighting! :)

12. OdoWanKenobi

In all honesty, it did require a little dab of glue on back spikes to hold in place. The hood is tucked back under the cape, and is useless in this position, but the hood is useless anyways. It is in effect a cape more than a cloak, now. I like the way it looks, though.

13. cooleddie74

Nom Anor is a great figure worth the attention he's gotten, but the designers really dropped the ball with that cloak. The one that comes with Darth Malgus is far better looking and more practical, and at least with that one you don't have to stick any plastic body parts through the back of the thing to try to get it to look good.

14. OdoWanKenobi

Cloth outfits almost never look right at this scale. I really wish they would just give up on that already and sculpt the damn things.

15. cooleddie74

Oh, you know the collecting community. "Darth Vader looks a lot better with a soft goods cape....rubber and plastic cloaks never look right."

It's a battle that will never end even if the manufacturers decided to choose one style or the other and stick with it.

16. OdoWanKenobi

I just remember horrible monstrosities like the VOTC Luke, and know which side of the debate I come down firmly on.

17. cooleddie74

Yeah, Hasbro did pretty much kill off the "Farmboy Luke in soft goods" concept after the 2004 VOTC figure came out to very mixed and unflattering reviews. The plastic figure himself looks very good for one that was designed almost a decade ago, but that baggy fabric tunic just never looks right.

They tried. I'll give them ample credit and a salute for trying to put out a definitive Tatooine Luke on a classic Kenner cardback, but soft goods are just a minefield. One of the few figures that looks great in a soft goods cloak is the 2011 Vintage Collection Fi-Ek Sirch, the Nikto Jedi from Episode II.

18. Admiral_Young

The fact that we've not had a Defiant yet from them is indeed a travesty...although I do expect they'll be announcing that we will be getting one in the next wave. Aside from the Enterprise-E (which is finally on it's way here now, I should get it in the next week or) the Defiant is the ship I want the most. I also expect that we could get an Enterprise-C finally as well.

That Nom Anor looks pretty good actually. I always liked him as a character. This might be a stupid question, but I've got a foggy memory when it comes to SW figures...did we ever get at Jacen/Darth Caedus figure?

19. cooleddie74

No, not that I can recall, not unless there's a Comic Book figure 2-pack that I'm completely forgetting about. There is a regular Jacen Solo action figure that came out in 2010 in one of the last waves of the Legacy Collection line and both it and he were a Toys 'R' Us exclusive in the United States, but that's the only Jacen figure that's been made thus far.

20. Admiral_Young

Okay. For some reason I thought we had got one, but I suppose that I was remembering the one you mentioned. So many potentially great figures we could be getting...but nope :(